Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Am I just doing something wrong? My ion engine won\'t fire.

EDIT: It says the engine was damage by exhaust from itself, but it never actually fired.

Hmm... I have a vage clue about what happend. I will add a fix with upcomming version.

EDIT: It says the engine was damage by exhaust from itself, but it never actually fired.

Uhm, i only have that error when I try to use the PartResource system and switch to the IonEngine module.

With the default MuMechVariableEngine it works fine for me.

btw i\'m also interested in getting this engine work with the IonEngine module, since i love the yellow icon :D.

EDIT: Also EPS seems a viable option, but for now i cannot find any consumer apart of ZO2 staff....

I\'m thinking about remaking the config and balancing it against Dynasat, talked to Dani-Sang about this on IRC.

The MuMech fuel system is not made for recharging, and EPS currently doesn\'t support part modules or resources, which whould mean that I had to go back to old stuff to support it.

I\'m thinking about remaking the config and balancing it against Dynasat, talked to Dani-Sang about this on IRC.

The MuMech fuel system is not made for recharging, and EPS currently doesn\'t support part modules or resources, which whould mean that I had to go back to old stuff to support it.

Wonderful :)

I guess this is why i cannot get the solar panels to work :(

I guess this is why i cannot get the solar panels to work :(

What Kreuzung doing atm has notting to do with the Solar Panels working or not.

Everything is included in the download and should be working.

Kreuzung\'s project is something that we are looking at but it hasn\'t been released or whatever. Current version works 'fine', still some problems with the mumech itself but I have to wait for a update.

How does the Ion Engine works ?? I build the same rocket like the pictures of you but when i start the engine nothing happens only the blue on the engine are going on.

How i can turn the engines on or how i can use the engines right :D

Sry for my bad english 8)

There is no exaust trail atm since non ingame did fit into the ion engine... Ion engine spewing flames is akward.

The only refrence is it turning blue, taking energy & the fact that it goes very very slow.

You could add a blue exhaust trail like 'my' ion engine has. Or at leat copy that sound, it whould help a lot if it at least had a sound.

(Yes, there is sound in space, in fact, SPACE IS LOUD, if you don\'t believe it, have you ever been there? ;P)

Hiya,

First off wicked Mod! I love the models and the strap-on fuel, RCS and batteries. Very cool touch. Best part is you can fire them off using decouplers and make mini-rockets ;)

Now correct me if I have missed something but I think I have found a bug. When warping higher than 1x with the ion engine on the thrust seems to cut out. Not sure if your still using fuel (electricity) but your altitude doesn\'t seem to increase!

Sorry if this is a bug to do with something out of your control e.g. with one of the Pluggins use.... just not noticed it before on any mod using them. Hope this helps ;)

Keep up the good work!

PS- to the other people mentioning that your not getting any thrust of the the ion engines.... is this your problem!?

Well, i got a small issue, nothing that can screw up the whole game, but well, here it is:

when i try to install another plug *Zoxygene 6.1* the glow of the parts simply goes off.

Any help please?

*oh and pardon for my bad english and bad forum skills :P*

Now correct me if I have missed something but I think I have found a bug. When warping higher than 1x with the ion engine on the thrust seems to cut out. Not sure if your still using fuel (electricity) but your altitude doesn\'t seem to increase! Sorry if this is a bug to do with something out of your control e.g. with one of the Pluggins use.... just not noticed it before on any mod using them. Hope this helps ;)

Keep up the good work!

PS- to the other people mentioning that your not getting any thrust of the the ion engines.... is this your problem!?

Note that the Ion Engine is extremly weak. It is meaned most of the time just for extreme long range flights and not really orbital manouvres. It\'s a balance I choose to keep the game challeging. Anything that is on the plugin side, I inform to my buddy who knows more about it.

Well, i got a small issue, nothing that can screw up the whole game, but well, here it is:

when i try to install another plug *Zoxygene 6.1* the glow of the parts simply goes off.

Any help please?

Hmm... no idea how that can happen. But obviously the problem lies in Zoxygene. I\'ve got no coding skills or whatsoever. So ask l00 the creator of that plugin. He probably will know whats the problem. Let me know if you find anything out.

So, I re-made the minmus probe I had done some days ago, and guess what? The engine gives no trust. At all. It worked perfectly in Kerbin, but in minmus...

I will take a look at it and ask r4m0n if he knows anything about this.

I am also attempting to make parts using C4D but I\'m not having a lot of luck ._., could you help me out? http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=17419.0

I will respond to your thread.

Very nice looking parts. I mixed and matched with stock to create some nice looking satelites. :)

Thats my plan (to fit along stock parts) and I\'m glad you like it

Some Extra News:

I\'ve got a plugin developer within the MMI team now. So MMI consists now out of 2 people. Currently I\'m working with him on a plugin that will hopefully blow your mind. Which includes mining (and not just putting a stick into the ground and getting resources). I suggest you watch my Future parts list and you will figure out what we all have planned. Btw, his name is Kulesz.

A question Dani-Sang when did you make lights for the rockets (this will lokes great)

And what for colors did you make ?? white,blue,green,red ?

I presume you mean the Ion Engine & Battery lights. Those we in from the beginning.

The current color is just very bright light blue, almost white. I can easily make it into other colors, but I keep this color to keep everything in balance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.