Passenger plane challenge

22 hours ago, max_creative said:

I have an A321 (I flew on one today) it flys like a rock, and is really annoying, but I can land it on the island airport and has those wing tip thingys. Out of all the planes here it is the only one to have it! Well, except @Nefrums plane.

Post a picture for it to count and good luck

Is Tweakscale allowed? Because I would like to be able to scale up the wing parts to make the wings stronger than using several smaller wing parts connected together. Nothing Else, also, is it ok to base the plane off of a real concept that hasn't been made yet?

Edited by KSPNerd

1 hour ago, KSPNerd said:

Is Tweakscale allowed? Because I would like to be able to scale up the wing parts to make the wings stronger than using several smaller wing parts connected together. Nothing Else, also, is it ok to base the plane off of a real concept that hasn't been made yet?

Yes to tweakscale as long as it is appropriate. Yes to concepts as long as it is feasible. Good luck

I've been a lurker here since the days of .14 (iirc), and this was the challenge that finally convinced me to take 20 seconds to create an account.

My entry is a 5/6ths scale A-380. I could tell many funny stories from its development on a DMP server, but I'll get on with this.

Capacity: 644 passengers + 4 crew*       Weight: ab 408 tons        Range: ???         Ceiling: ???    Max Speed: 80m/s?

It uses some clipping, but I tried to make sure that I didn't violate physics (ex: if fuel tanks are clipped, they are either empty or only one of them has fuel, you get the idea).**

It goes really slow bcc stock aero hates those wings on the bottom of the tail and the gear housing (actually I hate those too). But hey! It takes off, flies, and lands without going boom, so I figure the test subjects passengers are happy.

*I only used a 2 Kerbal crew, as I didn't feel like hiring all those Kerbals, nor being responsible for the massacre if something went wrong

**I believe I have met all the rules, however I figure it's Ribby's decision as to whether this meets the no-cheats requirement

If I am missing something, please let me know!

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

very sorry for the delay. My computer was ruined in a power outage and would not tourn on so i had to get it repaired. Thx for your patience. 

Keep in mind that this was a tough descision and everyone did very well

Without further ado the winners for this challenge are

1. @EpicSpaceTroll139 with his amazing A-380 that defied all odds and was able to land at the island with a passenger capacity of 644 while abiding by all the rules!

2. @Nefrums with his 747 that carried a realistic shuttle and still flew well. Very nice job at scaling down so the game does not crash wild maintaing the look.

3. @MacGamer04 with his small and sleek and elegant gulfstream G550. It is a very small, fast and accurate.

Great job to all!! Thx for responsing to my first challenge. 

-Ribby Kerman

51 minutes ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:
52 minutes ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Ouch! I know what it's like to have a busted comp, but I imagine that surge took out more than your comp. :(

But thanks for rating :)

Thx for understanding and again great job

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.