[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

3 hours ago, Kerbos said:

Ok so here's the situation, got a bunch of kerbals trapped on a radiation belt, no means for me to quickly send an evac pod or something, after a horrible decouple with a large stage lost 8 engines, an entire living space module and a lot of fuel and equipment, the impact put me out of orbit and straight to somewhere outside SOI (stage had engines for deorbit manouver but no control), manage to atach a fuel tank with 1 small engine from the debris using a scavenged connector port (KAS mod) and barely set myself on Duna's orbit, now I got 7 survivors (2 highly irradiated enginers) cramped on what's left of my ship and supplys for 25 days at least.

Theoretically I can rescue them, got the time but my real question is... radiation, my kerbals are dead already? By the time whatever I send to them even with good shielding they'll be glowing, is there a cure or something? like a lot of rest?

Yeah, as far as I know, there's no cure for radiation. I play with Deep Freeze, which allows you to cryo-store kerbals, and eventually negates the effects of radiation and madness. Maybe that plays some hidden factor, but I can't imagine using this mod without it. A fully-shielded(hardened), massive ship I get at most 2-3 years survivability. That won't get you to Jool, much less survive the radiation belt or mass ejections.

I hope I'm wrong, but your kerbals are probably dead. I'm sorry for your loss.

11 hours ago, symmeclept said:

Yeah, as far as I know, there's no cure for radiation. I play with Deep Freeze, which allows you to cryo-store kerbals, and eventually negates the effects of radiation and madness. Maybe that plays some hidden factor, but I can't imagine using this mod without it. A fully-shielded(hardened), massive ship I get at most 2-3 years survivability. That won't get you to Jool, much less survive the radiation belt or mass ejections.

I hope I'm wrong, but your kerbals are probably dead. I'm sorry for your loss.

Well damn, I tried rescue them, the radiation barbecue had some serious consequences, my reputation is red and lost over 1 million worth roster

49 minutes ago, How to: KSP said:

I installed the mod but for some reason I didn't get food and oxygen

Inside your GameData/Kerbalism should be a folder called Profiles, check if it's there, if not you need to download it

7 minutes ago, Kerbos said:

Well damn, I tried rescue them, the radiation barbecue had some serious consequences, my reputation is red and lost over 1 million worth roster

Inside your GameData/Kerbalism should be a folder called Profiles, check if it's there, if not you need to download it

Well where the download link for the complete mod pls

Just now, How to: KSP said:

I dont know how to renable them :mellow: can u plz tell me

Steps are simple, download the .rar, extract it inside your ksp installation (kerbalism should be inside GameData) and that's it, to enable or disable a different profile just rename any of the files inside the Profiles folder, so if you want Realism enabled it should look like Realism.cfg and all the other profiles should look like Default.cfg-disabled and that's it

4 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Does anyone knows, how CO2 affects Kerbals in the long run? What happens, if it is not scrubbed off the air? Shouldn't a toxic treshold increase realism to a funny and masochistic level?

The CO2 resource isn't in the air, it's in tanks.  If they fill up, it will vent the CO2.

22 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@KOCOUR This mod require CommunityResourcePack. In your case you must have some other mod defining oxygen, but with a much greater mass. So find what mod is defining oxygen and remove it, then install CRP.

I just edited lifesupport.cfg the values there were set too high i edited them to 0.0001

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
  name = Oxygen
  density = 0.0001
  unitCost = 0.0
  flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  transfer = PUMP
  isTweakable = true
}

Edited by KOCOUR

@KOCOUR You are running a very old version of this mod, or maybe you have an old version mixed in with the new one. Lifesupport.cfg was removed like in 0.9.5 or the like. Please delete the Kerbalism folder completely and reinstall. In general you should remove the directory completely before updating any mod (or any software in general).

I love this mod but what I am really missing from RT is the line of sight with the space center and the antennas with angle of transmission. Any chance it will be implemented in the future? (I am asking because I don't want to loose the relay feature!)

@Bersagliere81 I could implement LoS with the KSC relatively easy, but then people are going to ask for multiple ground stations. Non-omnidirectional antennas would be interesting, but then you need a GUI to manage them and to display them, rebalance everything, etc. I'll end up reimplementing RemoteTech. So I would say chances are pretty low to non-existant.

On another note, I ended up rewriting a lot of stuff, including the whole signal system implementation. This thing fly now!

final.png

and I found and fixed an old bug in the relay network calculation that was there from the beginning.

EDIT: 677 microseconds for the whole shebang, with 88 vessels :)

final_signal_update_on_background_vessel

Edited by ShotgunNinja

3 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

I have no idea what this means but seems awesome, sounds like you did a lagless background thing :)

On another note, got 2 things to point out, first is the tiny little black box messages, if you reload (F9) just b4 something is about to show (no power or food for example) the message is still displayed after the load, not a real issue, just found that weird.

The second thing is... I'm using the Universal Storage mod, and I've noticed some values that doesn't fit. Food for example you grab a quadcore and attach 4 food bags and u get 212 food and 730Kg, with your small food container the mass skyrocket and the large food container after tweaking it to 224 food and zero filtration materials you end up with 1063 Kg plus the huge size of the container against the 1.25m of the quadcore.

My solution for the food example would be re scaling the amount of food per food bag to 10 and make the filtration material 2 times heavier (10 filtration = 8kg instead of 4Kg), but I don't really know if any of that is actually something you could fix or this should go to the Universal Storage suggestion/bug or dunno how to even call this disparity tbh.

Cheers!

4 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Bersagliere81 I could implement LoS with the KSC relatively easy, but then people are going to ask for multiple ground stations. Non-omnidirectional antennas would be interesting, but then you need a GUI to manage them and to display them, rebalance everything, etc. I'll end up reimplementing RemoteTech. So I would say chances are pretty low to non-existant.

On another note, I ended up rewriting a lot of stuff, including the whole signal system implementation. This thing fly now!

final.png

and I found and fixed an old bug in the relay network calculation that was there from the beginning.

final_signal_update_on_background_vessel

Hi. Your mod looks nice so I downloaded it but for some reason couldn't get food and oxygen even if I have reenabled some profiles still couldn't find food and oxygen only water. pls help

I can't see the status of food and oxygen and some other stats in flight in in the VAB. ksp version:1.1.3, mods : kerbal engineer redux, kerbal alarm clock (and kerbalism) Is this a bug? or am I just doing something wrong?

p.s. I'm very new to the mod, it would be nice if someone could help me out :)

@ShotgunNinja praise and praise, this is the best LS mod out there !

Question to the community though - someone mentioned a MedBay module using negative InjectRadiation Hooks, did someone actulally managed to make a part like this ?

With my (almost zero) coding skills, i dont even know where to start but if someone made it working, i'd be more motivated to finish modelling a part that uses it :D

Edit: dont get discouraged by all the "I want that feature, your mod sucks without the feature", you rock :wink:

Edited by Jasseji

Any chance of a G-Force mechanic being added? I switched from TAC to this as it seemed to cover all the same things and more, but I just noticed that bit is missing. And while your at it, enhancing it with g-lock would be cool.

@How to: KSP, @ha15224: This mod require CommunityResourcePack. Make sure it is installed.

@Kerbos The US parts (and any other mod parts in fact) are balanced against the Default profile. You can write a small patch to fix this using NEEDS[RealismProfile], just like @DarkonZ did for KPBS.

@Jasseji Tell you what, if you do the model I'll help you with the coding.

@CSVoltage The effects on health from low gravity will overlap with the Quality of Life mechanic and I don't think will add much to the gameplay.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

50 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Kerbos The US parts (and any other mod parts in fact) are balanced against the Default profile. You can write a small patch to fix this using NEEDS[RealismProfile], just like @DarkonZ did for KPBS.

I use a mix between realism and default, I can't really understand if that break something somehow, here's my config, it's basically the default with a lot of lines from the realim (C&P, coding lvl potato).http://pastebin.com/PLvRV0RP

I've checked what @DarkonZ did https://github.com/Skaxly01/Kerbalism_KPBS/blob/master/PlanetaryBaseSystems.cfg, but can't make head nor tail of it, I gotta add the fact that I don't like or use KPBS, hell I don't even know where that .cfg should go, I've tried poking around for a while now, results ranged from doing nothing to deleting some ships when loading, my micro success was editing every container on US and manually changing mass and amount, but I really don't think that count as a fix.

I don't wanna put pressure on you knowing that you got rl things to take care of and this is not something you should even be worried about, balance and compatibility between mods are the plus we get from moders, and as far as I see it, it's a bloody nightmare, so I'll wait for someone with the same concerns that I have but with more brains for this stuff :wink:

It's there a way to make the mod harder? I mean with 7 kerbals on board and two big tanks of oxygen they get up to 1 year 109d which its too much in my opinion. Also a big tank of food gives 152d to kerbals to live (7 kerbals) which it's still a bit too much for me at least, i would like to be able to change some of the settings. (i just like resuplying maybe)