[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

54 minutes ago, leomike said:

@jlcarneiro i was referring to the depletion times, not sure how it gets 24 days with 50% scrubbers but I might just be wrong. I'll try to take a look later this week but might take a few days to get to it. I'm pretty sure this is related to the know issue with the depletion time calculations, shouldn't impact actual survival times.

Well, the last time it happened, I only noticed because I received a "emergency" alert and only saved my kerbals because I cheated using ShipManifest...

So, I think it DOES impact survival times... :wink:

EDIT: Here a picture I managed to get. Again I used the simple mk1 and mk2 lander cans craft. I Hyperedited it to Mun and warped a bit. When the numbers started to go crazy I took a screenshot. Initially, I had 24d 5h of O2. During the numbers dance, look what I got, 34d! It returned to a little lower than 24d 5h a second later, though...

Enuefes.png

Edited by jlcarneiro

@Bersagliere81 You need line of sight with the home planet, not with the space center. So there isn't a 'dark side' of Kerbin. Antenna range can be seen by right-clicking the antenna, or in the planner Signal panel.

@Kerbos I can't show the antenna range in the part tooltip because the ranges are generated from the solar system features, and those aren't in the game yet when the parts are compiled (and the tooltips generated). Mods that use hard-coded range antennas don't have these problems.

@yorshee, @Zeroroller I'll do some tests on the relay stuff. Can one of you send me their savegame?

@leomike You need the 'using' directive. Then the Dispose() function is called at scope exit.

@jlcarneiro When you change warp speed the depletion estimates oscillate for a little bit, then return to the right level. It is due to the way I calculate them. It is normal, don't worry. Real consumption/production isn't influenced at all.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

12 hours ago, brusura said:

the KK greenhouse works only with lights on , is this intended?

This is related to the fact that some part of the greenhouse code assume it has a 'shutter door'. Will be fixed in next version, for now right click on the greenhouse and then on 'Open shutters' to enable natural light on that greenhouse.

9 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

This is related to the fact that some part of the greenhouse code assume it has a 'shutter door'. Will be fixed in next version, for now right click on the greenhouse and then on 'Open shutters' to enable natural light on that greenhouse.

Yeah but KK parts does not have shutters  I guess Nils need to update its cfg to make it works

18 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@brusura No need for that, I'll add support for greenhouses without shutters in next version.

Ah! now I got it thanks, uhm dunno if you saw my post some time ago, anyway could you let vessel monitor open while moving the mouse like it is for rsources?

4 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Bersagliere81

@jlcarneiro When you change warp speed the depletion estimates oscillate for a little bit, then return to the right level. It is due to the way I calculate them. It is normal, don't worry. Real consumption/production isn't influenced at all.

Thank you for your attention, @ShotgunNinja!

Sorry to insist, but those Pictures I've sent before are without warp and the reason I asked for help is because real comsuption WAS affected, the O2 should have lasted 24 days according to the Planner, but only lasted around 10.

Those calculations (on the Planner and during the mission) are not seeming consistent when warp is involved...

@jlcarneiro By 'warp' I mean any speed greater than 1x. Your picture has the speed at 15x. Honestly, I can't reproduce the issue you are reporting. Lets do this:

• use the official 1.0.3 DLL (this is important!)
  • launch a new vessel (you may have not used the official DLL in the past and something may have been messed up in the launched vessel)
  • compare estimate in planner with one in the mission
  • if the problem is still here, send me the savegame and the craft file for that vessel

Also, to clarify: when the warp speed is changed the estimates became instable for a short bit, then restabilize. It happen because the game 'blend' between warp speeds gradually. This has no effects on real consumption/production, just on the estimates displayed.

Edited by ShotgunNinja

49 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@jlcarneiro By 'warp' I mean any speed greater than 1x. Your picture has the speed at 15x. Honestly, I can't reproduce the issue you are reporting. Lets do this:

• use the official 1.0.3 DLL (this is important!)
  • launch a new vessel (you may have not used the official DLL in the past and something may have been messed up in the launched vessel)
  • compare estimate in planner with one in the mission
  • if the problem is still here, send me the savegame and the craft file for that vessel

Also, to clarify: when the warp speed is changed the estimates became instable for a short bit, then restabilize. It happen because the game 'blend' between warp speeds gradually. This has no effects on real consumption/production, just on the estimates displayed.

Thanks, @ShotgunNinja, I know you're busy, so I'll be brief.

At this moment, I'm using the official 1.0.3 DLL.

About the pictures, I meant the ones that came before. They were not in warp. But, since I didn't include the warp speed indicator, I'll take them again. The last picture I took (the 15x warp) already used a very simple craft. I'll use that one again.

I'll post the results here ASAP, ok?

EDIT: It doesn't have to be a new savegame, does it?

Edited by jlcarneiro

@jlcarneiro No, just a new launched vessel.

I believe you launched this vessel before my updated 1.03 DLL (eg: you launched it using leomike build for KSP 1.1.3). Please confirm if this is the case.
The reason then is that the planner is showing estimates with the correct scrubber efficiency (greater than 50%), while the vessel reverted to 50% efficiency due to a bug in previous version. This I suspected from the beginning and that's why I'm asking you to launch a new vessel using the official build.

1 hour ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@jlcarneiro No, just a new launched vessel.

I believe you launched this vessel before my updated 1.03 DLL (eg: you launched it using leomike build for KSP 1.1.3). Please confirm if this is the case.
The reason then is that the planner is showing estimates with the correct scrubber efficiency (greater than 50%), while the vessel reverted to 50% efficiency due to a bug in previous version. This I suspected from the beginning and that's why I'm asking you to launch a new vessel using the official build.

I think you nailed it! :D

I created a new vessel, very simple, like the last one, and hyperdited it to Luna. Messed with warp factor repeatedly and O2 consumption didn't seem to be affected. Then hyperedited it to Mun orbit and repeated the proccess. Everything seemed ok.

Poor Luna 4, I think it'll be scrapped and the project will go back to the drawing board... :wink:

Thanks! If I see something weird again, I'll let you (and @leomike) know. 

Thank you for your answer @ShotgunNinja , last time I played the game was 1.0 and I might have missed something.

Back to my issues, here is the screenshot with no antenna info. Also, there's no electric and no food consumption. It is well displayed on Alternate Resource Panel, but I do get the same info with the stock panel
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266093849972306476/9B3BB57A911CBDD45A653C7FA35398AFAFA5485B/

One more at the VAB

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266093849968986094/1346BCB1C77243A2A1EC193A7AF50B55D09AFDFB/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to=*,*|2048:1152&background-color=black

@Bersagliere81 By the look of it, seem that the signal system is disabled. Some suspects:

- you disabled it in the profile you are using and forgot about it
- you are not using any profile (happen when you install using CKAN and don't also install the DefaultProfile package)
- you have RemoteTech installed
- you have the Origami Antennas installed (that provide RemoteTech as far as other mods are concerned, due to a mistake by its author)

I have none of those mods installed. But I did install Kerbalism yesterday using CKAN. I have no idea what DefaultProfile  package is :D

And I didn't disable anything as I am still figuring out how to do it, so my bet goes to CKAN issue

3 hours ago, Bersagliere81 said:

Edit: how do you change settings? I would like to try to disable antennas to see how it works with RT

It does that automatically if you install RT, but you gotta give up on the planner and the background EC consumption

Is it possible to disable functions of your mod? For example, if I want to play without radiation or storms, can I turn them off? I didn't see this in the FAQ or your configuration pages.

@ShotgunNinja If I were to submit a pull request for some changes (I wouldn't look at the optimization since I know you are already looking at that), any chances you'd merge it (given I don't change formatting and keep snake_case)? I remember you saying you don't really use git for version control.

@ShotgunNinja Sounds good. Right now all I was planning to add was the co2_ratio for scrubbers and a way to disable RTG/debris orbital decay. Once you have the next update a can take a look and see if I can offer anything useful.

Edit: Additional ideas: base radiation even inside magnetosphere (can be negative to allow "healing"), a way to make stress go down under very good conditions. I'm writing these here as a way to keep track, I can make pull requests for these if we want them in the official version.

Edited by leomike

Ok so here's the situation, got a bunch of kerbals trapped on a radiation belt, no means for me to quickly send an evac pod or something, after a horrible decouple with a large stage lost 8 engines, an entire living space module and a lot of fuel and equipment, the impact put me out of orbit and straight to somewhere outside SOI (stage had engines for deorbit manouver but no control), manage to atach a fuel tank with 1 small engine from the debris using a scavenged connector port (KAS mod) and barely set myself on Duna's orbit, now I got 7 survivors (2 highly irradiated enginers) cramped on what's left of my ship and supplys for 25 days at least.

Theoretically I can rescue them, got the time but my real question is... radiation, my kerbals are dead already? By the time whatever I send to them even with good shielding they'll be glowing, is there a cure or something? like a lot of rest?