Making maneuver node around Mun... Release mouse it disappears

jpinard

I don't what happened, but I was trying to take readings around the Mun and needed to adjust my orbit, and like always I click the orbit to make a new maneuver node, drag out one of the pones get it set to where I want, release mouse and *poof!* it disappears.  Anyone know what might be going on?

Had the same thing happen to me on a trip to the Mun yesterday.  Maneuver nodes worked as expected until I was in Munar orbit.  I landed without using a node but encountered the same problem after getting back into Munar orbit.  

Probably related or caused by this bug:

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/8212

Note that what the steps in that report do explicitly, sometimes already happens in the split second after creating a new maneuver node, especially if the Pe/Ap are being twitchy, because a node with 0 m/s is created that can 'twitch' back and forth a tiny amount negative or positive.

Thanks all for the replies.  It's happening nearly every time I orbit the Mun and try to make a maneuver node.  It is ruining my ability to do anything on or at the Mun.  They need to make this high priority and work on a fix.  If I Understand correctly the only way to fix is to abort the mission?

11 hours ago, jpinard said:

Thanks all for the replies.  It's happening nearly every time I orbit the Mun and try to make a maneuver node.  It is ruining my ability to do anything on or at the Mun.  They need to make this high priority and work on a fix.  If I Understand correctly the only way to fix is to abort the mission?

Well, as @jwenting stated, it does seem to fix with a quick trip to the space center and return to the ship through the tracking station.  I do have to ask what you might be doing on the Mun that absolutely requires maneuver nodes?  Aborting the mission for just that is rather drastic.

One thing I am curious about is if this issue is exclusive to the Mun's SOI or around other bodies in the system?

21 hours ago, samstarman5 said:

Well, as @jwenting stated, it does seem to fix with a quick trip to the space center and return to the ship through the tracking station.  I do have to ask what you might be doing on the Mun that absolutely requires maneuver nodes?  Aborting the mission for just that is rather drastic.

One thing I am curious about is if this issue is exclusive to the Mun's SOI or around other bodies in the system?

I have 5 missions built up that all require temps, crew reports etc around the Mun.  I tried just eyeballing the changes but I am not good enough to do it without maneuver nodes.  Since I'm trying to save up money, going back to the Mun for 5 separate trips is not good (i'm playing on customized mixed medium-hard difficultly level).

Wait... did someone say you can go to the tracking station while you're still in orbit around the Mun and that would fix it?  I also heard a game reboot will fix it on subsequent missions sometimes.  So maybe I could leave them up there floating around the Mun, quit the game, then load it back up and then maneuver nodes might work again?  

On April 21, 2016 at 0:35 AM, jwenting said:

happens once in a while. I've seen it in the prerelease but never found a reliable reproduction scenario. Go back to the space center, select your vessel again, and things should work as expected.

Same here.

Have not seen it in 1.1 yet, but I'm plagued with other issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.