[1.9.x] Mouse Aim Flight (1.1.3) - Pilot airplanes with your mouse!

tetryds

@SlabGizor117 the airpla e doesn't use the rudders because the normal flight mode is more like a dogfighting mode, if you want it to turn level you can just do it slowly.

It avoids using the rudder for tight turns because that can cause flatspins or stalls, so it's safer that way.

Try pressing O to switch to cruise mode it should kinda do what you want, just make sure you have a decent rudder.

That would require a whole different controller, not really the scope of the mod.

Hmm...

Although this mod does its main job well (assuming that this mod's main job is helping with aiming A-10 strafing runs), it is kind of an embarassment due to its inability to pilot certain well known planes that every autopilot-like thing should be able to pilot (think Aeris 3A).

Oh, and speaking of the A-10, the fact that its nose landing gear is offset to the right on this plane makes it very hard to take it off the ground with MAF. It is advised to use stock controls or help MAF by steering the nosewheel while attempting to takeoff an A-10. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the mod for being unable to use wheel steering (especially with 1.1 wheel physics). I just give everyone a tip that can help them avoid crashing. Also, most planes take off properly with MAF, just the A-10 doesn't due to its offset landing gear.

Still, A-10 gun runs are now a thing thanks to this mod!

//EDIT: WHAT?! How does this fly properly at EAS>500m/s when it creates insane wobble at EAS<300 m/s? Especially with stock aero, where there is no compressibility and all calculations depend just on airspeed squared...

Edited by TheDestroyer111

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well in this case KSPUtil disappeared (or merged into another assembly, I guess) and vessel.findWorldCenterOfMass() cannot be found. I've simply replaced everything inside GetRadarAltitude() with just  'return vessel.GetHeightFromTerrain()', no idea if I broke anything by it, but it builds and seems to run properly.

Edited by J.Random

MAF has been updated to support the latest KSP release 1.2.

Changelog:

• KSP 1.2 support
  • Added Aggressive Flight mode
  • Finished Cruise Flight mode

Mouse not being hidden when using BDArmory is a BDArmory bug, if that happens please forward your reports to BDAcontinued.

18 hours ago, tetryds said:

• KSP 1.2 support
  • Added Aggressive Flight mode
  • Finished Cruise Flight mode

What does that mean? And what does it do?

Edited by Murican_Jeb

48 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

What does that mean? And what does it do?

Pilots more aggressively, responds faster at the expense of energy, good for fighters, recommended if your airplane is stable and has a lot of control authority.

If anything wobbles I recommend checking out the cruise mode.

Press O to change modes regardless of whether MAF is turned on or off.

1 hour ago, Chocolat Oreos said:

So, can you make it so you have manual Q and E controls. just like in war thunder. Because the spinning around thing is really annoying when flying me recreating of the me 262.

Did you try the mod? :P

You should also try cruise flight mode, it's easier on the controls.

Edit: also remember that War Thunder handling is pretty fake (even the realistic mode), and the controller was not meant to pilot without rudder, as it uses not only rolling but also yawing to cancel out sideslip.

Oh, I don't really want to ask this, but, please make people able to get version for 1.1.3. Not everybody is able to move to 1.2 right now. It is not only disappeared from OP but from curse also. People often like to use it with BDArmory, but it is not updated yet, for example.

It will be nice also to allow people to know the version in Zip file by adding changelog/readme/whatever. Or maybe just add version number to the filename.

@ThirdOfSeven fair point, I assumed that everybody who is interested on the mod had it already for 1.1.x, and since it was not officially ported to 1.1.3 it would be a better idea to remove legacy versions. It will be available again for some time.

The next versions will contain the version number on the zip file for convenience too.

@Fonz indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to report that MAF is being detected while on EVA as well. I changed my MAF keybind to F (closer to G, B, and generally easier to hit, etc.) (who uses the Hold SAS command anyway?), and that was conflicting with kerbals trying to grab ledges.

Oh, and even not using BDArmory, my cursor isn't disappearing when MAF is activated. Instead, it flickers locked at the center of the screen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Go figure.

As always, thank you for the effort put into the mod. I love it!

Edited by Kowgan

Ok found the issue with the kerbals, but on my side it throws a lot of NREs. Fixing it should fix any problem related to that anyway.

Not sure about the mouse one, it has to be some other mod trying to make the mouse show up.

I can hide it every frame but that's ugly and could screw up other mods (as they are doing with MAF, yep).

Maybe hiding it every x amount of time can work.

ehm, i find this mod unwittingly, through youtube ... good mod - good work

but Osel is confused :D

Why is not published through CKAN? ... for part of the community is hidden

and, when you have code on github, why you post releases on curseforge and no github? :)

It is not going to be on CKAN because I don't want a lot of people using it without even knowing what it is about, and I don't trust their system to deploy updates, FAR has had lots of trouble, so I am avoiding it.

Same logic applies to curse, it's much better to have a centralized distribution, if something goes wrong I can just snip the broken versions and update it there with little effort.

Edit: also, parts of the mod are licensed as All Rights Reserved, which means it cannot be on CKAN anyway.

Edited by tetryds

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.