[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

Hey so I seem to be getting some errors when I'm in the tracking station while looking at Saturn. It doesn't seem to be impeding the visuals or anything but it is spamming the logs pretty badly. Here's a screenshot as well as both the KSP.log and output_log.txt files. Also let me know if you have any questions or need me to try anything, I have quite a few mods installed so it may be an incompatibility somewhere but I'm not sure. Let me know what you guys think.

(KSP.log) (output_log.txt)

ad11e60b34c96fa17210cec905af7ab0.png

31 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Hey so I seem to be getting some errors when I'm in the tracking station while looking at Saturn. It doesn't seem to be impeding the visuals or anything but it is spamming the logs pretty badly. Here's a screenshot as well as both the KSP.log and output_log.txt files. Also let me know if you have any questions or need me to try anything, I have quite a few mods installed so it may be an incompatibility somewhere but I'm not sure. Let me know what you guys think.

(KSP.log) (output_log.txt)

Ill look at it tomorrow, im tired :P

7 hours ago, Duski said:

Forgot to say yesterday but trying to get the Mars atmosphere like the video didn't work. I tried setting drawskyoverclouds to true but didn't work. Ah well, I got the blue icy outline :D

Well,  if you want,   you can download scatterer and go into the configs,  you can take the settings and Proland for Duna and put them I  the configs for Mars and there you have a thicker atmosphere.  Hope that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

Well,  if you want,   you can download scatterer and go into the configs,  you can take the settings and Proland for Duna and put them I  the configs for Mars and there you have a thicker atmosphere.  Hope that makes sense. 

alright, will try that. :)

I took a look at it, but there are three separate SSRSS files in the zip folder, two of which appear to be duplicates of each other, and the instructions, while cleverly worded, do not clarify which files I actually need, and which identically-named folder contains the files I'm looking for. After several glances, I think I'll have to pass. I may want it, but I have no idea how to install it.

6 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

I took a look at it, but there are three separate SSRSS files in the zip folder, two of which appear to be duplicates of each other, and the instructions, while cleverly worded, do not clarify which files I actually need, and which identically-named folder contains the files I'm looking for. After several glances, I think I'll have to pass. I may want it, but I have no idea how to install it.

I suggest you to re-download the mod, it's weird you have more than one SSRSS folder. I'm currently using the mod without issues and with A LOT of pleasure.

2 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

ill break it down Barney style

Click on the zip file/ click SSRSS/ Click SSRSS/ you will see the gamedata folder/ install all of that. 

Pick what resolution of SVE you want/ Install in gamedata

download RSS textures https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases install in gamedata

Download Sigma Dimensions https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/tree/Development install in gamedata

If you want to use the optional rss textures, pick your resolution and drop it in your RSS textures folder

If you want o Inclinination, drop that SSRSS into your gamedata folder

13 minutes ago, Berlin said:

ill break it down Barney style

Click on the zip file/ click SSRSS/ Click SSRSS/ you will see the gamedata folder/ install all of that. 

Pick what resolution of SVE you want/ Install in gamedata

download RSS textures https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSS-Textures/releases install in gamedata

Download Sigma Dimensions https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/tree/Development install in gamedata

If you want to use the optional rss textures, pick your resolution and drop it in your RSS textures folder

If you want o Inclinination, drop that SSRSS into your gamedata folder

If that's all that's necessary, what are all the other files NOT labeled SSRSS for? There are at least 140 other folders in the zip file. Are they not supposed to be part of this download?

4 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

If that's all that's necessary, what are all the other files NOT labeled SSRSS for? There are at least 140 other folders in the zip file. Are they not supposed to be part of this download?

you will have to send me a pic. because I have no idea what you are talking about

2 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

Not all 140 plus, but you get the idea.

Many%20files_zpschqdvyer.jpg

ok well that looks like your DL was corrupted some how. Delete everything and try again. if you look, you will see there is exactly ZERO things in any of those folders. perfect sign that something isn't right

Edited by Berlin

I wanted to let all of you know that I just released a Contract Pack that is right in line with Stock Size RSS. It is a Historical Progression Contract System that takes the player through the history of human space flight.

6 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

I wanted to let all of you know that I just released a Contract Pack that is right in line with Stock Size RSS. It is a Historical Progression Contract System that takes the player through the history of human space flight.

Thats awesome! 

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

ok well that looks like your DL was corrupted some how. Delete everything and try again. if you look, you will see there is exactly ZERO things in any of those folders. perfect sign that something isn't right

[Re-downloading from Spacedock, here: https://spacedock.info/mod/826/Stock Size Real Solar System]

Are there any mods that I should be sure are not installed (for incompatibility or redundancy), before I begin attempting to install this one?

Update: whatever I downloaded, it's the same exact thing I got the first time, and therefore, useless.

Edited by SSgt Baloo

13 hours ago, SSgt Baloo said:

[Re-downloading from Spacedock, here: https://spacedock.info/mod/826/Stock Size Real Solar System]

Are there any mods that I should be sure are not installed (for incompatibility or redundancy), before I begin attempting to install this one?

Update: whatever I downloaded, it's the same exact thing I got the first time, and therefore, useless.

That's really stange.. This is what I get when I download from that link.

11a23c729099299dbc3e52f9f1f81d33.png

I'd recommend trying to use a different program to open the zip file. No guarantees that it'll work, but might as well give it a try.

Hey so has anyone ever seen this issue before? Right when the camera gets to about 100km I get this visual effect, then as the camera goes higher it slowly fades back to normal.

410D84FBDF6E21871B6E93931A16E9A817DA34BA

It's working. Kerbin is gone and now I'm launching from Florida.

Q: Are the following things normal or did I wrap things around the axle? It takes way more delta-vee to gain orbit (and orbital speeds are hyuje - about 7,000m's, plus or minus)! The visual enhancements aren't appearing, either. There's a sort of haze, but no clouds, and there are no lights on the night side of the planet. Suggestions about how to begin troubleshooting this will be gratefully entertained, but at least all my problems seem to involve missing visuals instead of glitchy behavior.

Edited by SSgt Baloo

4 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

It's working. Kerbom is gone and now I'm launching from Florida.

Q: Are the following things normal or did I wrap things around the axle? It takes way more delta-vee to gain orbit (and orbital speeds are hyuje - about 7,000m's, plus or minus)! The visual enhancements aren't appearing, either. There's a sort of haze, but no clouds, and there are no lights on the night side of the planet. Suggestions about how to begin troubleshooting this will be gratefully entertained, but at least all my problems seem to involve missing visuals instead of glitchy behavior.

No, you have forgotten to install Sigma dimensions 

18 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

No, you have forgotten to install Sigma dimensions 

I've just now installed it, but Mom (she'll be 93 this August) broke her hip a few days ago, and it's my turn to visit. I'll see if that fixes things when I get home.

Edited by SSgt Baloo

58 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

For clouds, all you have to do is drag the preferred sve resolution into your gamedata, for example: if you go into the folder that says PICK WHAT SVE YOU WANT IN HERE, and lets say you want the best looking clouds possible, click on ultra res and drag those two folders in your game data. And yes, you need Sigma installed. 

3 hours ago, sDaZe said:

For clouds, all you have to do is drag the preferred sve resolution into your gamedata, for example: if you go into the folder that says PICK WHAT SVE YOU WANT IN HERE, and lets say you want the best looking clouds possible, click on ultra res and drag those two folders in your game data. And yes, you need Sigma installed. 

The file in question was already in place. Is it supposed to go in the RSS-Textures folder (where it is now) or is it supposed to go in its own folder in Gamedata?

Edited by SSgt Baloo

6 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

The file in question was already in place. Is it supposed to go in the RSS-Textures folder (where it is now) or is it supposed to go in its own folder in Gamedata?

Nothing goes into the rss textures except the textures themselves it's it's own file

Edited by Berlin

Just now, Berlin said:

Nothing goes into the rss textures except the textures themselves

Let me get this straight then. Do the contents of the folder (8K, in this instance) go into the rss textures folder, or does it belong in Gamedata as its own folder?

Still no clouds, but the center of the planet is measured in kilometers and not megameters, like before, so there is that. :wink: