[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

How am I the only peron in the entire universe that apparently has to keep asking this same question.  When I install remote tech and go to the launch pad I get an ANNOYING popup that I cannot hide that says RT Queued Action.  How the bloody hell do I make it go away and what the heck is it for?????

57 minutes ago, ctbram said:

How am I the only peron in the entire universe that apparently has to keep asking this same question.  When I install remote tech and go to the launch pad I get an ANNOYING popup that I cannot hide that says RT Queued Action.  How the bloody hell do I make it go away and what the heck is it for?????

Havy you try to read manual ? More specific, part about flight computer ? You can also turn off signal delay, if that is too annoying and keep the rest of RT features, like requirement of active antennas and connection to ground station for proper command of probe.

8 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Havy you try to read manual ? More specific, part about flight computer ? You can also turn off signal delay, if that is too annoying and keep the rest of RT features, like requirement of active antennas and connection to ground station for proper command of probe.

Yes I have and there is nothing in it about that gui message.  After an hour of pulling my hair out I have found it is part of Action Groups Extendeds interface with remote tech.  This is at least the 3rd time I have stopped playing for a while then started up and then could not recall what mod was generating this popup.  I wish the OP would add a FAQ to point people to AGX when they see this message because all the user sees is "RT Queued Actions" in a gui that has no X or close button so there is  no way to get it opff your display and one instinctively thinks it's something coming from RT!!!

Edited by ctbram

2 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

They're working fine for me with 1.1.2, but there are several mods that have been updated for 1.1.3 that I haven't updated on my install yet, so you may be using different mod versions than me.

Well i see some are working and some are not myself.

Hello and good evening. I have a question about this great mod. All is working fine for me, but why i need connection to make a "tranfer crew" between two modules if no kerbal is in a command pod. Why can´t they move in my vessel.

Is this a bad feature of remote tech, or is this my poor handling?

Please help

8 hours ago, ctbram said:

Yes I have and there is nothing in it about that gui message.  After an hour of pulling my hair out I have found it is part of Action Groups Extendeds interface with remote tech.  This is at least the 3rd time I have stopped playing for a while then started up and then could not recall what mod was generating this popup.  I wish the OP would add a FAQ to point people to AGX when they see this message because all the user sees is "RT Queued Actions" in a gui that has no X or close button so there is  no way to get it opff your display and one instinctively thinks it's something coming from RT!!!

Install toolbar.

After having a closer look, all the probe cores have signal processing units, however 4 antenna are missing RT functionality; Comms dts m5, comms dts m7, communotron 32, and communotron 88 x. I'd really be thankful if anyone has a cfg or could put one together for me. I am terrible at writing them and would probably get the balance all wrong.

Again i am using vens stock revamp.

Edited by SmashBrown

@tomek.piotrowski - I have no idea who to ask, so I'll start with you.  Can I have permission to use the RemoteTech logo in the RemoteTech contract pack?  Here's how it would be used in game.  Also note that the contract pack itself is under the CC BB-NC-SA 4.0 license (I don't know who created the image, or if they were explicit in setting a license for its use).

On 7/23/2016 at 8:46 AM, SmashBrown said:

After having a closer look, all the probe cores have signal processing units, however 4 antenna are missing RT functionality; Comms dts m5, comms dts m7, communotron 32, and communotron 88 x. I'd really be thankful if anyone has a cfg or could put one together for me. I am terrible at writing them and would probably get the balance all wrong.

Again i am using vens stock revamp.

Same here, same situation.  Should just be a matter of changing the names of the stock in the stock config to match Ven's.  If that's it I'll make one tomarrow.
Edit:  Not that simple.  They have the same part names (duh).   I'll try to look into it.

Edited by autumnalequinox

12 hours ago, autumnalequinox said:

Same here, same situation.  Should just be a matter of changing the names of the stock in the stock config to match Ven's.  If that's it I'll make one tomarrow.
Edit:  Not that simple.  They have the same part names (duh).   I'll try to look into it.

Hang on i found a config file from someone, gimme a minute i'll get the link.

Edited by SmashBrown

7 hours ago, SmashBrown said:

Hang on i found a config file from someone, gimme a minute i'll get the link.

Thanks!  I just started writing configs (but I'm totally new to RT so I doubt they would have been balanced).  This saves major time.

8 minutes ago, LTL King said:

How do you configure the antenna's to have a longer range or are there antenna's somewhere for this. RSS

It depends on whether you have modded antenna or not. If they are, go into the compatabillity folder of the mod for remote tech. You should see a list of all the antenna or probe cores that support remote tech. If stock, go to the remote tech folder and right click on the RemoteTech_Squad_Probes config. There will be a list of those antennae that come with the game. Hopefully that answers your question.

Edited by Cdw2468

32 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

It depends on whether you have modded antenna or not. If they are, go into the compatabillity folder of the mod for remote tech. You should see a list of all the antenna or probe cores that support remote tech. If stock, go to the remote tech folder and right click on the RemoteTech_Squad_Probes config. There will be a list of those antennae that come with the game. Hopefully that answers your question.

1. It depends on whether modded or not. Hmmm. Not sure what you mean but for just 2 of the mods as already mentioned.

I have RT and RSS as just 2 of the mods. 

2. Which comparability folder.

I only have agencies parts plugins and textures. http://prntscr.com/bzc7wt

3. Right click on remotech_squad_probes and....

Edited by LTL King

Cdw2468

http://prntscr.com/bzca19

KR-14 at 60GM

http://prntscr.com/bzca64

KR-7 at 90GM

http://prntscr.com/bzca9w

Commtech-1

http://prntscr.com/bzcaoo

Commtech-1 at jupiter

and the largest antenna reflectron gx-128 at jupitor.

http://prntscr.com/bzcb4v

How am I supposed to reach Saturn Uranus Neptune and Pluto

Normally the Commutron 88 which normally reaches duna when kerbin and duna are on the same side barely reaches outside of Earth's SOI

2 minutes ago, LTL King said:

Cdw2468

http://prntscr.com/bzca19

KR-14 at 60GM

http://prntscr.com/bzca64

KR-7 at 90GM

http://prntscr.com/bzca9w

Commtech-1

http://prntscr.com/bzcaoo

Commtech-1 at jupiter

and the largest antenna reflectron gx-128 at jupitor.

http://prntscr.com/bzcb4v

How am I supposed to reach Saturn Uranus Neptune and Pluto

Normally the Commutron 88 which normally reaches duna when kerbin and duna are on the same side barely reaches outside of Earth's SOI

I'm describing a totally different situation, I'm sorry.

Go to the remote tech folder in game data and click on remote tech_antennas. There will be a list of all the antennas in the game and just scroll to the one you want to edit. There should be a field to edit "mode1OmniRange"

Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I'm setting up a relay network of ComSats and I'm running into a few issues.

So far, I have a "train" consisting of three satellites: ComSat 1, 2 and 3, in order from the first to the last. They are all always within line of sight of each other. Each has three long range, dish antennas. One of the three antennas on each satellite is targeted towards KSC. This is the configuration:

ComSat 1. Antenna #1: KSC. Antenna #2: ComSat 2. Antenna #3: None.

ComSat 2. Antenna #1: KSC. Antenna #2: ComSat 3. Antenna #3: None.

ComSat 3. Antenna #1: KSC. Antenna #2: None (ComSat 4 as soon as I'll launch it). Antenna #3: None.

As soon as KSC comes into view from ComSat 1, a connection between the two is established. Once it acquires connection, ComSat 1 immediately relays the signal to ComSat 2, so that it is connected as well, despite not being directly in KSC's line of sight. However, for some reason I find odd, ComSat 2 does not immediately relay to ComSat 3. It does so only when ComSat 2 is itself directly in KSC's line of sight; only then does it relay the signal to ComSat 3.

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong? I can send screenshots if it helps visualize the issue. Cheers!

19 hours ago, Frida Space said:

Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I'm setting up a relay network of ComSats and I'm running into a few issues.

So far, I have a "train" consisting of three satellites: ComSat 1, 2 and 3, in order from the first to the last. They are all always within line of sight of each other. Each has three long range, dish antennas. One of the three antennas on each satellite is targeted towards KSC. This is the configuration:

ComSat 3. Antenna #1: KSC. Antenna #2: None (ComSat 4 as soon as I'll launch it). Antenna #3: None.

As soon as KSC comes into view from ComSat 1, a connection between the two is established. Once it acquires connection, ComSat 1 immediately relays the signal to ComSat 2, so that it is connected as well, despite not being directly in KSC's line of sight. However, for some reason I find odd, ComSat 2 does not immediately relay to ComSat 3. It does so only when ComSat 2 is itself directly in KSC's line of sight; only then does it relay the signal to ComSat 3.

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong? I can send screenshots if it helps visualize the issue. Cheers!

A picture is worth a thousand words. Also on bottom left click the < to show where dishes are pointed and the 1 next to to show dish connections and1 showing omni antenna connections is separate pics.

I use the long 5Mn onmi directional antenna to connect to KSC and 2 dish antenna's. 1 to point to the 2 sats on either side.

So it would be

comsat 2

dish       omni        dish

comsat 1   omni    KSC    omni    comsat 4

dish     omni       dish

comsat 3

Have you checked out http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/tutorials/keo/

and http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/tutorials/c16network/

For a geosynchronous orbit you may want 3 dish antennas. 1 to point at each sat on each side and 1 to point at KSC

As you can't get each 1 to be precisely the exact same orbital period they will gradually float away and towards each other over time. Scott Manley did a video on it.

Even if you did go in and edit the save file and make them perfect. They will still eventually drift.

On 7/30/2016 at 0:33 AM, Cdw2468 said:

You're in the wrong folder. Go to GameData>RemoteTech>RemoteTech_Antennas

Can you give a little more information. I don't code. Don't know what the numbers mean in the file. Not sure exactly which line to change and how to change it without breaking it.

I'm still trying to figure out what Mn means on the range in game vs Kilometers. Seeing as Kerbal uses the Kilometer system.

Edited by LTL King

49 minutes ago, LTL King said:

Can you give a little more information. I don't code. Don't know what the numbers mean in the file. Not sure exactly which line to change and how to change it without breaking it.

I'm still trying to figure out what Mn means on the range in game vs Kilometers. Seeing as Kerbal uses the Kilometer system.

First part: I assume you've found the right file to edit. This file should be a list of all the antennas in the game. You need to find which antenna you want to edit the range on. Once you've found it, the field you want to edit is called Mode1OmniRange. This is the range of your dish or your omni antenna. All you have to do is input the number, in meters, you want the range to be. You don't have to worry about breaking the game in my experience. It will cap out where nessisary.

Second part: Remote Tech uses meters like bytes of data. The scale goes like your computer storage: Kilometer, Megameter (Mm, not Mn), gigameter (Gm), and Terameter (Tm)

Hope I answered you well enough, sorry for your trouble with me. Tech support is not in my future:blush:

19 hours ago, Frida Space said:

AFAIK, RT needs two-way links; if you don't have a dish on Sat 2 pointed back at sat 1, I'm surprised sat 2 is getting a connection at all without being in range of the KSC.

You don't really need dishes just to relay around one planet anyway.  The Communotron 32 omni will reach nearly halfway to the Mun.  I eyeballed a Kerbin network using only those on 5 sats at 600km altitude that works perfectly; could have done it with 4 if I'd been even a little more careful timing my launches.  You only need dishes to go to the Mun or beyond.

I always used to just use AntennaRange because RT seemed daunting to me.  I thought you needed to actually point antennas perfectly and keep orbits 100% accurate.  So after trying RO and now playing RO-lite I decided to go all in.  And my conclusion is that it isn't so daunting after all!  I like that features can be turned off.  It's basically AntennaRange squared.  Same principals but more complexity, not a completely different mod.  I've put up my first com-sat constellation and it works great and feels good. :)

I recently installed RT for my KSP and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. I did a lot of research on constellations before trying to make one of my own. I was wondering if I could get opinions on mine.

My goal is to be as efficient as possible. I see people making a 3- or 4-sat constellation around Kerbin, and then tossing extra sats wherever they're needed after that point. I wanted to use less sats to see if I could still get near 100% coverage. I currently have 3 sats around Kerbin for near 100% coverage of the planet AND moons. At least in principle this works. They all have 3 C-88-88s and 1 C-32 (because that's what I got unlocked in career for now). All 3 sats listed below use the 88-88s to communicate with each other and the active vessel.

• Sat1: Kerbostationary Orbit directly above the KSC with orbit period of 1 sidereal day (5h59m9.43s), 0 inc, 0 ecc.
  • Sat2: Kerbopolar Orbit with orbit period of 1/2 sidereal day (2h59m34.71s), 90 inc, 0 ecc. Mean anomaly set so Sat2 is 90 degrees offset from the position that would have both Sat1 and Sat2 closest to each other. Bonus: set longitude of ascending node such that the orbit is parallel to the terminator for a long period of time where you don't need to worry about no sunlight. It's not permanent, but it is useful.
  • Sat3: SOI Orbit (79 Mm orbit), 45 inc, 0 ecc.

Sat1 and Sat2 together give 100% coverage of Kerbin over seemingly long time periods. Perhaps years? Not sure. I fast forwarded one Earth-year (dunno what that is in Kerbin-years) and everything was still lined up. Sat3 is added to give coverage at nearly every point around both moons. On the non-planetside of the moons, there may be temporary signal blackouts, but, depending on your altitude around those moons and the position of Sat3, that shouldn't happen often. Mitigate by placing a sat around each moon. I'm hard-pressed to find any spot in the Kerbin-system that I don't have a consistent signal.

Edited by KerbalExplorer