tomek.piotrowski

[1.7, 1.3.1] RemoteTech v1.9.2 [2019-04-14]

Recommended Posts

Hi, I have remote tech v 1.8.9 on a KSP 1.3.1 and RO/RP-1 install, and the flight computer just doesn't care about engine fuel setup and limited ignitions when doing manoeuver nodes, any ideas?

Edited by kurgut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 8:27 AM, Zeiss Ikon said:

I'm trying to set up an RO/RP-1/RSS career on 1.3.1, including Remote Tech.  The problem I'm having is that I never, ever have connection to send commands to my vessels.  I've been able to use MechJeb's autostage to stage the booster and get a homebrew sounding rocket to about 197 km, but I have no control over anything -- can't even "Analyze Telemetry".  Oddly (I presume due to a bug somewhere), if I build a bone-stock A-4, I can control it in pitch/yaw/roll until the batteries run out (within limits of air for the fins to work against).

I may have just spotted the problem -- something in either RP-1 or KSC Switcher has established Mission Control in eastern Colombia or in Brazil near the Colombian border (can't see political borders in the Tracking Station).  This is clearly out of range from the omni antennae, either the ones built into the Aerobee and procedural probe cores, or the stock-alike dipoles.

Unfortunately, there are no launch sites within omni range of this (interior South America) location; the nearest, Kourou (in what used to be French Guiana -- don't instantly recall the current name), is still multiple thousands of km away.  I'm also going to post in the KSC Switcher thread, if I can find it, but would I be correct in thinking this is probably the issue with my Remote Tech never having connection?

Yah, it is possible that the standard omni range is too short in RO/RP1. I believe there are few range-boost configs coming with RO/RP1. You may have to ask around on what config as I never use RO/RP-1 before.

 

On 6/11/2018 at 4:15 AM, kurgut said:

Hi, I have remote tech v 1.8.9 on a KSP 1.3.1 and RO/RP-1 install, and the flight computer just doesn't care about engine fuel setup and limited ignitions when doing manoeuver nodes, any ideas?

Sorry but this bug was fixed in RT 1.8.10.1 which is for KSP 1.4.

P.S. Here's an unofficial RT 1.8.11.131 compiled from latest develop for KSP 1.3.1. Enjoy, folks!

P.S.S Seem multiple RO players are asking about the old throttle bug in KSP 1.3.1 so I make RT 1.8.11.131 official now. See below

Edited by TaxiService

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, @TaxiService, but it was KSC Switcher.  I must have had a version conflict somewhere (wrong version of KSC Switcher, I'm guessing).

Last night I did a clean reinstall following Bornholio's spreadsheet as closely as possible (some things now get added earlier because CKAN grabs them when you install related mods) -- and everything seems to work.  My multiple launch sites now have omni comms, presumably to be replaced with powerful dishes over time (I've only looked at the first couple weeks of 1951, so far), and there are a bunch of ground stations showing that aren't connected to launch sites (Canary Islands and Natal, Brazil, for instance).  Instead of no connection on the pad, it now looks like I'll be able to use built-in or attached omnis on spacecraft at least to LEO, likely as far as the Moon.

Edited by Zeiss Ikon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

It appears that some bits are failing here :

 - SAS button from the stock GUI doesn't respond to mouse click I've seen another post, think was on Reggit where T shortcut might be used instead, and I confirm this is still working

 - Toolbar in Map view is covered by a black band... :

GYeFGNV.png

 

Any idea?

Edited by Demcrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 1:10 AM, Demcrew said:

SAS button from the stock GUI doesn't respond to mouse click

intentional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok maybe I've missed this information and I'm sure many players have asked already, so, sorry for that.

But for the black label on the screenshot, any idea ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Demcrew said:

Ok maybe I've missed this information and I'm sure many players have asked already, so, sorry for that.

But for the black label on the screenshot, any idea ?

Yah, the SAS clicking has to be disabled as it can't be hooked up for signal delay purpose.

On the black label, got any texture-saving mod in your installation (see this issue)? It happens when two or more such mods mess with same textures so much that KSP could not load some textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running the 1.8.1.131 version for ksp 1.3 linked above. Does anyone know how to get the contracts to work with contract configurator? Is there a specific CC_remotetech.dll file I need?

Edited by DocRockwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 12:10 AM, Demcrew said:

Any idea?

I have the same problem (but I can now interact with GUI, and black toolbar, so better) , the issue is I have multiple textures managements running at the same time: nvidia (from my computer), active texture management, texture replacer. But I need them for keeping running my mods, so let's keep going :)

10 hours ago, Demcrew said:

But for the black label on the screenshot, any idea ?

just above, so you should check in your output log, or your mods installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DocRockwell said:

I'm running the 1.8.1.131 version for ksp 1.3 linked above. Does anyone know how to get the contracts to work with contract configurator? Is there a specific CC_remotetech.dll file I need?

Oops, last Contract configurator 1.23.3 for KSP 1.3.1 was compiled against RT 1.8.8. New RT 1.8.11.131 may not work well with CC 1.23.3 unless CC is recompiled against it (I have no idea how).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Oops, last Contract configurator 1.23.3 for KSP 1.3.1 was compiled against RT 1.8.8. New RT 1.8.11.131 may not work well with CC 1.23.3 unless CC is recompiled against it (I have no idea how).

I grabbed the CC_remotetech.dll from the latest release of CC (compiled for ksp 1.4.x and RT 1.8.10 if my memory serves me) and I'm getting the contracts now. Not sure if it's working properly though, I just put up 4 sats in geostationary orbit, each with a parabolic dish and omni antennas. The "Direct connection to Comm Sat xx" requirement isn't being satisfied (can the direct connection be achieved with omni's so the dish can be freed up to point at Earth or at active vessels?), and the communication coverage just fluctuates between 0% and 20%.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DocRockwell said:

I grabbed the CC_remotetech.dll from the latest release of CC (compiled for ksp 1.4.x and RT 1.8.10 if my memory serves me) and I'm getting the contracts now. Not sure if it's working properly though, I just put up 4 sats in geostationary orbit, each with a parabolic dish and omni antennas. The "Direct connection to Comm Sat xx" requirement isn't being satisfied (can the direct connection be achieved with omni's so the dish can be freed up to point at Earth or at active vessels?), and the communication coverage just fluctuates between 0% and 20%.

 

Good to hear your workaround on CC_remotetech.dll.

The CC logic on communication coverage is kinda fuzzy, last time I heard from CC thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah despite the black label I'm able to click on the toolbar in the mapview.

This config I'm playing with right now has pretty much not any graphic mods. I first thought this was because of BetterTracking Station made by Dmagic, but turned was out of cause.

The only texture management mod I'm using is TextureReplacer, I'll try remove it see how it goes and will let you know.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RemoteTech 1.8.11.131 for KSP 1.3.1 released

(Seem multiple RO players are asking about the old throttle bug in KSP 1.3.1 so I make RT 1.8.11.131 official now)

This release is RemoteTech 1.8.11 recompiled for KSP 1.3.1.

What are fixed/changed:

  • Nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this had been asked elsewhere, I could not find it with a search

How can I add the new launch sites -- Desert and Woomerang as ground stations?  It appears that if I turn on occlusion by planets there isn't a station within LOS to those launch pads so I get no connection.  thanks for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 12:10 AM, Demcrew said:

Hi all,

It appears that some bits are failing here :

 - SAS button from the stock GUI doesn't respond to mouse click I've seen another post, think was on Reggit where T shortcut might be used instead, and I confirm this is still working

 - Toolbar in Map view is covered by a black band... :

GYeFGNV.png

 

Any idea?

I can confirm that the issue comes from TextureReplacer.

After removing it, the default RemoteTech toolbar appears and works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, is that normal that probes don't have integrated omni antennas always on? Is there a patch for that, or maybe I have to edit the settings? (I'm used to RO settings, so I'm a little lazy adding antennas to every probe :) ).

Thanks!

EDIT: reinstalled remotetech fixed that.

13 hours ago, Demcrew said:

I can confirm that the issue comes from TextureReplacer. 

After removing it, the default RemoteTech toolbar appears and works fine.

Nice, thanks! :)

On 6/11/2018 at 3:11 PM, TaxiService said:

so I make RT 1.8.11.131 official now

Sweeet, thanks :)

Edited by kurgut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 7:47 PM, spacebaby said:

Sorry if this had been asked elsewhere, I could not find it with a search

How can I add the new launch sites -- Desert and Woomerang as ground stations?  It appears that if I turn on occlusion by planets there isn't a station within LOS to those launch pads so I get no connection.  thanks for the help!

Please add a ground station template within 'GroundStations' block to RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in your save folder. The example below is the KSC.

STATION
{
    Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
    Name = Mission Control
    Latitude = -0.13133150339126601 //change
    Longitude = -74.594841003417997 //change
    Height = 75 //change
    Body = 1
    MarkColor = 0.996078014,0,0,1
    Antennas
    {
        ANTENNA
        {
            Omni = 30000000
            Dish = 0
            CosAngle = 1
            UpgradeableOmni = 4E+06;3.0E+07;7.5E+07
            UpgradeableDish = 
            UpgradeableCosAngle = 
        }
    }
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

New player here, I installed RemoteTech because I like the added bit of realism with probes, but there's something I don't understand completely - before installing the mod, my probes would connect to various places (bases?) across the globe as I got out of the range of the KSC, or at least it'd look like it on the global map, however after RemoteTech, it seems that the only place/base I can connect to is the KSC itself. Is there a reason behind that? Can I build different bases across the globe?

Thank you in advance! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, winterchillz said:

Hello everyone,

New player here, I installed RemoteTech because I like the added bit of realism with probes, but there's something I don't understand completely - before installing the mod, my probes would connect to various places (bases?) across the globe as I got out of the range of the KSC, or at least it'd look like it on the global map, however after RemoteTech, it seems that the only place/base I can connect to is the KSC itself. Is there a reason behind that? Can I build different bases across the globe?

Thank you in advance! :)

Check the SETI RemoteTechConfig v1.3.0.0. It adds some ground stations, changes the KSC range to cover the whole system and sets Signal delay  to false by default (can be changed in game). The other way is make some bases and land them (or use hyper edit) to cover a small range of kerbin for omni antennas and maybe active vessel and planetary dishes.

Edited by Nik kal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a way to get only the antenna parts without the whole mechanix?

EDIT: Nevermind found out^^

Edited by konsti156

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I have last version version of remote tech  1.8.11.131 with KSP 1.3.1, and I would like to have omni antenna integrated in all probes cores at start in career, so I did this cfg, but It doesn't seems to work.., can you advice me? Thanks :)

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech]: FINAL
{
    !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

    %MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive]
    {
        %TechRequired = None
        %OmniRange = 160000
        
        %TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 5.0
        }
    }
}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2018 at 3:57 AM, kurgut said:

Hi, I have last version version of remote tech  1.8.11.131 with KSP 1.3.1, and I would like to have omni antenna integrated in all probes cores at start in career, so I did this cfg, but It doesn't seems to work.., can you advice me? Thanks :)

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:AFTER[RemoteTech]: FINAL
{
    !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

    %MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive]
    {
        %TechRequired = None
        %OmniRange = 160000
        
        %TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.3
            %PacketSize = 2
            %PacketResourceCost = 5.0
        }
    }
}

Hi, this is incorrect. Change MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] block to MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] block

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
    %Mode0OmniRange = 0
    %Mode1OmniRange = 25000
    %MaxQ = 6000
    %EnergyCost = 0.13

    %TRANSMITTER {
        %PacketInterval = 0.3
        %PacketSize = 2
        %PacketResourceCost = 15.0
    }
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Hi, this is incorrect. Change MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] block to MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] block

Thanks a lot! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.