blowfish

[1.7.3] B9PartSwitch v2.9.0 (July 30) - the big UI update

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Skystorm said:

@blowfish I believe I have tracked down a nasty little bug in v1.4.0.  I've had some problems with parts exploding instantly the moment I placed them on the launchpad.  It seems there was a bug introduced in the following commit related to managing crash tolerance, except that you are accidentally setting maxTemp instead.  Additionally, it appears that the same problem may exist for skinMaxTemp just above it.

Github Commit: https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9PartSwitch/commit/717d81dcf48c66559adf2aa96816535ae97af85a

Look at lines 492 - 495 (shown below) in method UpdatePartParams() of file ModuleB9PartSwitch.cs:


if (CrashToleranceManaged)
{
    part.maxTemp = (CurrentSubtype.crashTolerance > 0f) ? CurrentSubtype.crashTolerance : part.GetPrefab().crashTolerance;
}

I'm figuring this should say "part.crashTolerance = " instead of "part.maxTemp = ".

Ugh, good catch.  Same issue with skinMaxTemp.  That's what happens when you copy and paste and don't pay too much attention

B9PartSwitch v1.4.1 is released, which should fix the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had also the problem that huge parts of my space station, instantly explode after loading - when I opened it out of the tracking station, as well when it reached the 2,3km mark while in another craft. I was just going to downgrade back to 1.3.0 when 1.4.1 was released and fixed the problem!

Many thanks @blowfish & @Skystorm!!!

Edited by Toomuch77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Toomuch77 said:

I had also the problem that huge parts of my space station, instantly explode after loading - when I opened it out of the tracking station, as well when it reached the 2,3km mark while in another craft. I was just going to downgrade back to 1.3.0 when 1.4.1 was released and fixed the problem!

Many thanks @blowfish & @Skystorm!!!

''I had also the problem that huge parts of my space station, instantly explode after loading''. Bro, I know that feeling... Thank god it didnt take out another portion of the station as well! On the upside, I get to do more shuttle launches! Yepee!

CM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B9PartSwitch v1.4.3 is now Available

  • Recompile against KSP 1.1.3
  • Remove some code which is unnecessary in KSP 1.1.3

This update really shouldn't change anything, but updating the .version file will allow CKAN to index and AVC will stop giving unnecessary warnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't showing up in CKAN for me, even with the filter set to "all" instead of "compatible"—when I try to add Near Future Construction to my game, CKAN complains that it can't find this, and I can't find it looking manually either.

Nevermind.  For whatever reason, even though CKAN was set to show all mods, not just "compatible" ones, it doesn't list this when I have my 1.1.2 copy selected, but does when I switch to my 1.1.3 copy.

Edited by SilverlightPony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SilverlightPony CKAN is going through some turmoil right now, and that's probably the source of the issue.  All indications suggest that it will be resolved soonish, but in the mean time you should probably not rely on CKAN to install mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this mod compatible with stock parts only? I can't seem to change the type of fuels when I right-click them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

Is this mod compatible with stock parts only? I can't seem to change the type of fuels when I right-click them.

It doesn't do anything by itself.  It just provides a way for other mods to enable part switching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blowfish said:

It doesn't do anything by itself.  It just provides a way for other mods to enable part switching.

The description in the OP strongly implies otherwise.  I suggest updating the "about" section to make this clear—i.e., change "B9 Part Switch is a plugin that allows many aspects of parts to be switched in the editor, similar to Firespitter and Interstallar switchers." to "B9 Part Switch is a plugin that allows other mods to switch or swap many aspects of parts in the editor, similar to Firespitter and Interstallar switchers (note that this only enables other mods to have this functionality; it does not do anything by itself)."  or something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

The description in the OP strongly implies otherwise.  I suggest updating the "about" section to make this clear—i.e., change "B9 Part Switch is a plugin that allows many aspects of parts to be switched in the editor, similar to Firespitter and Interstallar switchers." to "B9 Part Switch is a plugin that allows other mods to switch or swap many aspects of parts in the editor, similar to Firespitter and Interstallar switchers (note that this only enables other mods to have this functionality; it does not do anything by itself)."  or something similar.

I think you're right.  I've updated the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ۱۳۹۵/۵/۴ ه‍.ش. at 10:26 PM, blowfish said:

I think you're right.  I've updated the OP.

@blowfish Hmm, I have a question

long time ago, I was fiddling with a station ring mod with tons of attach nodes all around it, I tried JSI Utility to toggle those nodes on/off , well, everything was ok until you would add tweak scale to the game. the problem was this, you would toggle some nodes off (like around the outer side of the torus) then change the scale (for example to 50%) and the moment you would toggle those nodes back on, they wouldn't be in proper place, instead, they would show up in their original place as if the scale of the part is still 100%

so the question is, what would happen with your mod for toggling nodes on/off in this situation.

also, for toggling nodes on/off, do i need any extra mod or your dll would be enough?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

@blowfish Hmm, I have a question

long time ago, I was fiddling with a station ring mod with tons of attach nodes all around it, I tried JSI Utility to toggle those nodes on/off , well, everything was ok until you would add tweak scale to the game. the problem was this, you would toggle some nodes off (like around the outer side of the torus) then change the scale (for example to 50%) and the moment you would toggle those nodes back on, they wouldn't be in proper place, instead, they would show up in their original place as if the scale of the part is still 100%

so the question is, what would happen with your mod for toggling nodes on/off in this situation.

also, for toggling nodes on/off, do i need any extra mod or your dll would be enough?

thanks

My recollection is that the node switching worked fine with Tweakscale.  My guess as to the problem with JSI Utilities is that it actually deleted the node, then re-added it without considering the scale.  B9PartSwitch just hides the node, so Tweakscale should still be able to operate on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

woot, damn you give a candy to a child and say stay away from it :D now i can't wait for 1.2 to give another try to my stational construct mod :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sir i know that this is not looked upon nicely, but considering that i want to start my own mod, is there a chance that you upload this little (/big) mod for 1.2 so that i can start on my own mod?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

sir i know that this is not looked upon nicely, but considering that i want to start my own mod, is there a chance that you upload this little (/big) mod for 1.2 so that i can start on my own mod?

thanks

Actually yes.  I was really just waiting for the need to release to be there, and here it is!  I'll try to push it out later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I discovered a bug where the resource amounts in the part list tooltip don't display correctly.  I should have a fix shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are the b9 turbofan pod engines animated for this version of ksp (1.2) the fan doesnt spin and the reverse thrust is compleatly missing

just wondering if you could use the stock engine setup to fix that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, airwolfpiskin said:

are the b9 turbofan pod engines animated for this version of ksp (1.2) the fan doesnt spin and the reverse thrust is compleatly missing

just wondering if you could use the stock engine setup to fix that

B9 is not updated for KSP 1.2, so don't expect things to work.  But you probably have an outdated version of Firespitter.  None of what you're seeing involves B9PartSwitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2016 at 11:39 AM, blowfish said:

B9 is not updated for KSP 1.2, so don't expect things to work.  But you probably have an outdated version of Firespitter.  None of what you're seeing involves B9PartSwitch

i managed to fix the part switch issue i had with the pilons.

and ill see if there is a newer version of firespitter.

i also had to update several mods manually so ill check if i messed up that too

thanks for responding btw

i apreciate it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.