10/6/2016 Spacecraft Friday - The Crazy fans crazy choises edition

OeVBDOq.png

Standard disclaimer: said:

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I am not official in any way, shape, or form. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

Let's start of this weeks SCF by saying that, i'm not very good with SSTO's, nor am i with rockets so that's why there aren't any of those around.

Plus, it's more easy to judge the quality of crafts that i'm familiar with.

But with that said, let's get on with the crafts.

NOTE: I put these in a random order, so there is no best or worst.

On fifth place we have:

I don't know that how much power that thing has but dam, i,m really interested to see the potential of that piston engine.

Now we are one step closer to making our own UCS (ultimate collector series) WW1 biplanes :D.

upZ5Ara.jpg

But let's hope we wont have to make a tree point landing like this guy :P.

On fourth place we have:

It's a very nice and stable VTOL indeed, but it did have some issues flying on normal plane mode. It felt like it was struggling to keep it's altitude.

It's also very nice looking :).

But, since i wanted to see this thing at it's full potential, i did a small 1 minute fix to make it even better.

Here are the results of that test.

What i did to fix it was, that I put a couple hidden canards on the front where the intakes are, put the authority limit to 150 on the elevators and enabled the inboard flaps for pitch and put the limiter to 150.

After those fixes it turned from a jet that struggles to fly, to something that can do a loop de loop no problem.

All and all, i had a lot of fun flying around with this thing :).

On third place we have:

A very nice and simple and good looking replica of one of the most famous aircrafts from the pages of aviation history.

It's also very, VERY fast. I was able to fly at a speed of 1200 m/s on my test flight :confused:.

Here is my test of it.

I really like the way how he's used a MK-1 cockpit as the "camera" for this one :). Let's just hope our living camera doesn't end up puking on the lens, it might ruin the pictures a bit.

It is also a pretty nice thing to fly (a little over responsive on roll tough), but it certainly is not a stunt plane.

On second place we have something a little different:

Now that is what you call impressive :0.0:, with a mobile launch platform and everything.

I know that just how hard these kind of things are to build, with me being a builder of mobile launcher for an 80 ton ICBM.

Anyway, that is certainly the way to go if you want to add a bit more style to your mondaying satellite launches.

On First place we have the HE-51 from:

This thing was a ton of fun to fly :D

Now as much as he said that it's hard to fly (flying it was about as difficult as taking a nap), id say that the problem is over resposivness (starts to loose too much speed when pulling up). the flight was a lot smoother and fun after i put the limiter on all control surfaces to 50.

And it's always a plus to have a working ejector seat. It also has a pretty neat looking cockpit interior, shame we don't get to see it without using camera mods.

And here is my test flight of it.

I have to say that the Kerbal loading system is quite...uum...interesting.

It's quite interesting that Jeb was able to survive even tough the entire ejector seat exploded after me jettisoning it 100m off the ground.

And there it is for you, this weeks Spacecraft Friday. I hope you enjoyed it :wink:.

Edited by kapteenipirk
typo in the title

WOW first place? There's no way I beat some of these guys! Thanks though!

Being over responsive is sometimes a side effect of being very maneuverable, and supermaneuverable.

Edited by He_162

1 hour ago, Majorjim said:

Thanks for doing this man. I am not sure I agree with putting them in place order though.

Some interesting choices there too.

let's just say that i like all of them just as much. The place order thing is quite dumb i agree. I'll need to remember not to do that if i end up doing this again.

1 hour ago, He_162 said:

WOW first place? There's no way I beat some of these guys! Thanks though!

Being over responsive is sometimes a side effect of being very maneuverable, and supermaneuverable.

No problem.

Yep, i've had experience with that before.

Fun fact: due to my saves being so stuffed up with crafts, my game crashed about 4-5 times while i was testing those crafts and a couple others. Guess i'll need to do some cleanup.

12 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I don't have a mk1 cockpit camera? There is a mk1 cockpit, a mk1 passenger compartment for the radio guy and a lander can in a cargo bay with a ladder for getting in and out if you didn't purchase my airstairs accessory.

Oh, so that's what it's there for. I really taught the landercan inside the cargobay was supposed to be a "camera" of sorts. Quess i should have read the manual first.

8 hours ago, Wonderbreadninja said:

Thanks for the mention, guys!  Everything looks great!

No problem :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.