Pressing harder on the keys should change attitude faster

9 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

*sniff sniff* I smell an opportunity to be a KILLER APP

On 12 July 2016 at 6:57 PM, klgraham1013 said:

Seriously?  You're using a digital keyboard?  Everyone knows tube keyboards type the best.

That's true. Plus you get a lovely warm 'clunk' sound whenever you press a key. Way better than the tinny 'click' you get with digital keyboards. Although, for the best results you really need a gold-plated USB jack for better signal fidelity between computer and keyboard.

1 hour ago, KSK said:

That's true. Plus you get a lovely warm 'clunk' sound whenever you press a key. Way better than the tinny 'click' you get with digital keyboards. Although, for the best results you really need a gold-plated USB jack for better signal fidelity between computer and keyboard.

You forgot the 18-guage silver-plated 99.9999999% copper Litz-braided USB conductor cables to add crispness and speed to the inputs.

(Used to hang on audiophile boards a lot so I know the gratuitous lingo. :P )

The OP is narrow minded at best. Pressure sensitive keyboard? What are you, some kind of peasant?

Games should just know what I want to do in them. I shouldn't have to use ridiculous things like controllers and monitors. Better yet, I shouldn't even have to be on a computer to play them at all! They should just work! Why do we have these useless power cables everywhere?! I don't have a power cable. Neither should my computer!

is jokes my precious

1 hour ago, Greenfire32 said:

The OP is narrow minded at best. Pressure sensitive keyboard? What are you, some kind of peasant?

Games should just know what I want to do in them. I shouldn't have to use ridiculous things like controllers and monitors. Better yet, I shouldn't even have to be on a computer to play them at all! They should just work! Why do we have these useless power cables everywhere?! I don't have a power cable. Neither should my computer!

is jokes my precious

You practically just described the mindset of the IT industry.

On 12/7/2016 at 0:35 PM, THX1138 said:

A much needed UI fix would rotate my craft more quickly when I press the keyboard keys harder because clearly the situation is quite urgent.

@THX-1138 You are better off using a joystick for rotation or any other movement.

There, all done.

27 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Seriously, I would like it if the longer you held a key, the more rotational force is applied.  So you can just do a short tap on the keyboard and move you craft very slightly, but after about one second of holding the key, the craft will be trying to rotate as fast as possible.

That's exactly what it does in fine-control mode. Don't know if it eventually gets all the way up to maximum torque though.

Thread 10/10 would read again

popcorn-blank.gif

But seriously, we're all being narrowminded. Why stick with RCS and SAS variable inputs? Imagine the possibilities.

If I mash Z harder, the craft goes faster.

If I mash B harder, the craft decelerates faster.

If I slam on the pitch enough, the craft goes to higher/lower altitude.

This way my cat could play KSP. And really, isn't that what we all want? Cats able to function in modern society despite their disadvantages? You disagree? What are you, some kind of felinist?

1 minute ago, Jovus said:

IS THIS BETTER?

you discriminatory human

Next upcoming patent: rainbow keyboards that vary the colour of the text depending on the pressure of the keyclick...

5 hours ago, Greenfire32 said:

is jokes my precious

I AM ONE WITH THE MACHINE! I CAN CONTROL THE ROCKET WITH MY MIIIIIIIIND!

I think this thread needs to be moved

Edited by Brownhair2

58 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Next upcoming patent: rainbow keyboards that vary the colour of the text depending on the pressure of the keyclick...

Well, my logi kbd can already change it's key colours... just for fun it's probably not that hard to have it get brighter as you hold a key longer, and then insert the result as text colour :P

This thread is a replike black hole. I spent 23 "likes" in the pat minute and a half.

Back on topic, Why would this be necessary? Pulling the throttle in a lane harder won't make it pull up any faster (typically... :rolleyes:).

2 hours ago, Jovus said:

If I mash Z harder, the craft goes faster.

If I mash B harder, the craft decelerates faster.

Alternately, you could use the Shift and Ctrl keys. :wink:

Edited by Mjp1050

1 minute ago, Mjp1050 said:

Alternately, you could use the Shift and Ctrl keys.

What are you doing, trying to encourage moderation?

Probably a good idea; this thread needs some moderation.

12 hours ago, Andem said:

This thread is a replike black hole. I spent 23 "likes" in the pat minute and a half.

Back on topic, Why would this be necessary? Pulling the throttle in a lane harder won't make it pull up any faster (typically... :rolleyes:).

It was a joke for God's sake, man.

On 7/12/2016 at 0:43 PM, Kerbart said:

What about screaming? For computers equipped with a microphone (laptops, webcams) you could measure the sound level.

Don't be silly, you can't make a rocket go faster by screaming!

That's not how it's done.  You have to make "whoosh" noises.

(Works even better if you mash the Z key really hard.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.