Devnote Tuesday: We couldn't think of a title this week

SQUAD

5 hours ago, RW1984 said:

Ok I'm delighted you guys are making 'solid progress' on the European ps4 release. However I'm baffled as to what you're making progress on.  Can you please just tell us what's holding the release up? Seems to me it can't be that substantial as it was cancelled last minute and European Xbone owners can purchase it. 

They already explained that the certification process for PS Europe is different from the one for the US (and obviously it from the Xbox One's). You can not get a game out on a console without those. 

7 hours ago, RW1984 said:

Ok I'm delighted you guys are making 'solid progress' on the European ps4 release. However I'm baffled as to what you're making progress on.  Can you please just tell us what's holding the release up? Seems to me it can't be that substantial as it was cancelled last minute and European Xbone owners can purchase it. 

Such is the way of bureaucracy. The EU is essentially getting in the way between you and Squad. It's their job; if they don't keep you from doing what you want they won't look like they're getting anything done.

Sarcasm* aside, Squad is surely doing everything they can to speed the process, but it is quite likely completely out of their hands.

*Even though it's true I said it in a sarcastic way.

12 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Such is the way of bureaucracy. The EU is essentially getting in the way between you and Squad. It's their job; if they don't keep you from doing what you want they won't look like they're getting anything done.

KSPexit!  The time is now!

On 7/20/2016 at 4:31 PM, kiwi1960 said:

And .... I know it won't happen, but way back in .90 someone released tracks for rovers... they could take a licking and keep on ticking. The best rover I ever built had these tracks, and I'd like to see them added to stock, or at least, a modder coming up with a 1.2 version of them. That is a wish... nothing more and nothing less.

But .... I'd wheely wheely love to see the wheels fixed... we wheely need them working... wheel, I think so anyhow... but wheel wait and see.

At least, I'm not going to blame my design skills anymore... nor am I going to blame Squad... but it is a bug... so...... here is hoping they are fixed.

(walks away singing...)

"The wheels on the rover go round and round..... round and round..... the wheels on the rover go round.........."

Have you tried Kerbal Foundries? IDK if it's updated past 1.0.5, but that sounds like what you describe Although the impact and heat tolerances for the parts in that mod are absurd and i could probably use them to land on Eve without parachutes, engines, or heatshields

7 hours ago, DaMachinator said:

Have you tried Kerbal Foundries? IDK if it's updated past 1.0.5, but that sounds like what you describe Although the impact and heat tolerances for the parts in that mod are absurd and i could probably use them to land on Eve without parachutes, engines, or heatshields

No, that was my point.... not updated. :(

Regarding the telemetry mod: 

Beyond stoked for it. I never play the game without the inspiration for it installed, AntennaRange by our own Toadicus. It's just an inferior game without it, frankly.

-It gives all antennas a real purpose, not just a cosmetic one. You actually have to use the correct antennas now. 

-It gives an extra layer of challenge (that some actually do enjoy) where you have to set up four satellites per planet before you have reliable communications to and from it. This massively increases the realism, makes you really have to plan out missions, and even opens up fun new ways to return science back to Kerbin, instead of just instantly transmitting it for free over tremendous distances.

-The fact that probes can become uncontrolled and the fact that Line of Sight means something now is quite realistic and tragedies like having your antenna burn off mid-flight are now possible. This, depending on your attitude, can become quite immersive. 

-It gives another dynamic to colonies and manned missions in general. Pilots for instance become invaluable because they can take over when your SAS telemetry is obscured, or they can take off when the Line of Sight is obstructed.  

Overall, a massive benefit to the game. Especially since its toggle-able :wink:

BRING ON THE TELEMETRY MOD!!!!

3 minutes ago, OddFunction said:

Regarding the telemetry mod: 

Beyond stoked for it. I never play the game without the inspiration for it installed, AntennaRange by our own Toadicus. It's just an inferior game without it, frankly.

-It gives all antennas a real purpose, not just a cosmetic one. You actually have to use the correct antennas now. 

-It gives an extra layer of challenge (that some actually do enjoy) where you have to set up four satellites per planet before you have reliable communications to and from it. This massively increases the realism, makes you really have to plan out missions, and even opens up fun new ways to return science back to Kerbin, instead of just instantly transmitting it for free over tremendous distances.

-The fact that probes can become uncontrolled and the fact that Line of Sight means something now is quite realistic and tragedies like having your antenna burn off mid-flight are now possible. This, depending on your attitude, can become quite immersive. 

-It gives another dynamic to colonies and manned missions in general. Pilots for instance become invaluable because they can take over when your SAS telemetry is obscured, or they can take off when the Line of Sight is obstructed.  

Overall, a massive benefit to the game. Especially since its toggle-able :wink:

BRING ON THE TELEMETRY MOD!!!!

Telemachus?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.