James M

Console Patches Update Discussion

Question

Thank you so much for the update! Its great to know our issues are being acknowledged and resolved. :)

Moderator edit, since this post became the OP for the discussion:

This thread is for discussion of the console updates announcement, which you can read here: 

Discussion has been moved to a separate thread so that users can easily see the latest official updates in the above thread.

507 answers to this question

Overlapping threads have been merged. 

I hope that all the work that SQUAD have put into the console version really pays off! I can't wait until the issues have been fixed and I can download it from the Xbox Store :D

Just checking in on the Console update discussion.

Has any developer chat discussed the ability to drag a fuel line from a Mun refinery to a landed ship? (PS4 console)

Game changer if it gets added.

I suppose somebody will now tell me it's already possible...... sigh... all those crashed refineries...

On 9/10/2017 at 7:44 AM, GrouchyDevotee said:

Just checking in on the Console update discussion.

Has any developer chat discussed the ability to drag a fuel line from a Mun refinery to a landed ship? (PS4 console)

Game changer if it gets added.

I suppose somebody will now tell me it's already possible...... sigh... all those crashed refineries...

Thats not going to be a thing for us for a VERY long time (if ever). Aside from the obvious re-port theyre doing, they would rather fix the existing bugs first before introducing new material.. And therefore more bugs.

Maybe this wasn't the right place to ask... Or if it's been asked before and I don't know where.... Either way I apologise if that is the case. This is my first post on these forums.

I know KSP is getting a re-port on console and I have no issues with that or any timeline. I purchased KSP on Xbox when it first came out. I played and enjoyed it fully while generally accepting that it wasn't receiving updates and would stay in the state it was in. My friend ended up moving to PC for the updates and mods. Now I'm excited for the re-release... However. I'm wondering if I will be provided with a update to my version to re-download the game when it's released or if I'll have to purchase the game again?

I'm curious because most people on Xbox seem to think it will be an update to our current game. where as, to me it seems it will be a new game entirely and won't be compatible with my current games code, which leads me to believe I may have to rebuy it which would be upsetting.

(As a mod must approve this comment, if you know and want to help me out you can PM me and just remove this comment.)any answer would be appreciated.

39 minutes ago, Messy Goo Shoes said:

I'm wondering if I will be provided with a update to my version to re-download the game when it's released or if I'll have to purchase the game again?

Oh, you'll get it for free! Took me a while to find a quote on that, but here:

On 31/05/2017 at 9:32 AM, UomoCapra said:

We’re continuing to work closely with Blitworks on the updated version of KSP for consoles, which will be available on the Xbox and PSN digital stores when it is complete. This will be a free update for anyone who already owns KSP on Xbox or PS4

:)