linuxgurugamer

[1.3] Sensible Pumps -- solving an annoying problem of range safety

Recommended Posts

Reviving a useful mod:

Ever had a rocket snap in half on you while in flight? I know you have. Ever noticed how the engines in the snapped-off part keep running while there's still fuel in the remaining stage? I know this happened to you as well.

Ever wish the pumps in an uncontrolled piece of debris would behave like real pumps and stop feeding fuel into the engine? I know I did, so I made this little plugin.

Usage:

Just install. It will just work, by adding itself into every part that has engines with ModuleManager. Engines which are part of vessels which cannot be controlled, i.e. are debris, will immediately shut off, and do so only once. This will correctly observe engines which cannot be shut off, i.e. solid fuel rockets.

If this behaviour is, for whatever reason, not what you want on a particular engine, for example, you're making a liquid rocket meant to be used as a dumb projectile, you can toggle it in the editor by right-clicking on the part.

Source code

Github: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SensiblePumps

Downloads:

Github: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SensiblePumps/releases

http://spacedock.info/mod/1047/Sensible%20Pumps%20Continued

License:

The license for the code -- the entire silly half-page of it -- is GPLv3. ModuleManager is bundled with the plugin according to it's license permissions.

 

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

 

 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

Thank you kindly!

No problem, I spent more time packaging it up than recompiling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No problem, I spent more time packaging it up than recompiling it.

that easy? damn...seems like black magic to me this whole compiling/recompiling thing :D

 

Edit: @linuxgurugamer Just tried it, seems something is wrong, i cant see the toggle button in vab/and it wont work in game.

maybe something is wrong with *.CFG file? FOR[SensiblePumps] shouldn't it be NEEDS??

here is the whole cfg

Edit 2: Yeap seems something is wrong with the *.cfg, tried the one from the old version it works.

just letting you know.

Spoiler

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]|@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]:FOR[SensiblePumps]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SensiblePumps
    }
}

 

Edited by dtoxic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some had made a PR, which I merged, and when I tested it in flight, it seemed to work.  Strange.

Anyway, you are mostly correct, but just remove the FOR.  Since this patch is included with the mod, no need to add an extra check there.

Here is a correct cfg:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]|@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SensiblePumps
    }
}

Update imminent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer is there a possibility to make Sensible pumps add it's config after all the patches are applied to various engines?

Sensible Pumps seems not to recognize KW Rocketry with all the patches being applied on load (i think that's the problem, i might be wrong) 

also some other mod's that add engines cant recognize sensible pump again i think it's because of the patches being applied.

Would adding AFTER to cfg in sensible pumps solve the problem?

if need be ill update the post with mod's that have this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

@linuxgurugamer is there a possibility to make Sensible pumps add it's config after all the patches are applied to various engines?

Sensible Pumps seems not to recognize KW Rocketry with all the patches being applied on load (i think that's the problem, i might be wrong) 

also some other mod's that add engines cant recognize sensible pump again i think it's because of the patches being applied.

Would adding AFTER to cfg in sensible pumps solve the problem?

if need be ill update the post with mod's that have this problem.

KW is due for a massive update soon, which will solve a lot of that.

Please list the mods that you know of, and i'll look at the configs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

KW is due for a massive update soon, which will solve a lot of that.

Please list the mods that you know of, and i'll look at the configs

Great will do asap!

 

Edit: Ok here are some that i use, there might be more.

Atomic Age,Cryogenic Engines,Near Future Propulsion, HGR+ Community fixes, also some Stock engines wont work, and Tantares but that mod is also being overhauled so might be good to wait for the release like KW

Edited by dtoxic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2016 at 3:52 PM, dtoxic said:

Great will do asap!

 

Edit: Ok here are some that i use, there might be more.

Atomic Age,Cryogenic Engines,Near Future Propulsion, HGR+ Community fixes, also some Stock engines wont work, and Tantares but that mod is also being overhauled so might be good to wait for the release like KW

for testing purposes, can you be a bit more specific regarding the stock engines?  ie:  which engines it doesn't work?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

for testing purposes, can you be a bit more specific regarding the stock engines?  ie:  which engines it doesn't work?  

Sure...

24-77 Twitch,48-7S Spark,Rapier,Dawn (ion engine),Juno,J-90 Goliath,J-33 Wheesley,J-404 Panther,J-X4 Whiplash,KR-2L,Twin-Boar,Ant,Spider,O-10 Puff,S3-KS-25 Vector,Mammoth,T-1 Toridal Aerospike.

Also all of the Boosters have sensible pump applied witch in my opinion should not have.

if you need anymore info just shout :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok.  I hope to be able to look at this in the next few days, in the middle of a major push at work and working on a large addition to an existing mod right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ok.  I hope to be able to look at this in the next few days, in the middle of a major push at work and working on a large addition to an existing mod right now

no problem keep up the good work and thx :)

Edited by dtoxic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2016 at 3:45 PM, dtoxic said:

Would adding AFTER to cfg in sensible pumps solve the problem?

In the meantime, why don't you see if adding the AFTER would solve the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

In the meantime, why don't you see if adding the AFTER would solve the problem?

Sure, just one question because i am not that good at MM patches, would this be the correct formatting?

 

Spoiler

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]|AFTER:@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SensiblePumps
    }
}

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

Sure, just one question because i am not that good at MM patches, would this be the correct formatting?

 

  Hide contents

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]|AFTER:@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SensiblePumps
    }
}

 

 

Try this:

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SensiblePumps
    }
}

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try this:


@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = SensiblePumps
    }
}

 

 

Will try on both Moded and Stock, will report back in a minute

EDIT: Nope,same as before on both installs.

but could the MM be made so that it applies sensible pumps to "category = Engine" or would that make sense? or would that mess things up, because there is a lot that goes into engine category

Edited by dtoxic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The after is only for after a mod, final, while not recommended, is at the end

Yeah i am reading right now on MM thread to get a better understanding of how it works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.2.2:

Updated for 1.3

Well isn't that a coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup.  I had to think a minute before releasing, was a little concerned about the version numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Sensible Pumps work automatically with Smart Parts?  That is, if a liquid engine on a stage doesn't have a command module to control it but does have a Smart Part providing, does Sensible Pumps disable pump shutdown for that stage?  Or does the player have to disable pump shutdown manually while in the VAB/SPH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2017 at 9:24 PM, Jacke said:

Does Sensible Pumps work automatically with Smart Parts?  That is, if a liquid engine on a stage doesn't have a command module to control it but does have a Smart Part providing, does Sensible Pumps disable pump shutdown for that stage?  Or does the player have to disable pump shutdown manually while in the VAB/SPH?

No, it doesn't work with SmartParts, sorry

New release, 1.2.3:

  • Updated for KSP 1.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey linux you should check sensiblepumps and KWRocketry Rebalanced 3.2.3 the sensiblepumps mod is not added to KWRocketry at all,

so when you have the time have a look at it,ill try and figure it out and will let you know if i find a working solution

https://imgur.com/a/2sUh4

here is a pic with some of the engines, all of them dont have sensible pumps

Edited by dtoxic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now