[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

On 5/11/2018 at 6:23 AM, Nicky21 said:

- Bug report -

There is a bug with the new KK sites. It does not generate a crash but forces me to close the game. I play with the Galileo Planet Pack.

Sometimes ( quite often ) when i am in either the research center or the mission control and i click on something, the screen goes blank and the loading symbol appears in the bottom right. it sometimes takes me nowhere and i see the planets icon in the bottom right spinning for minutes until i decide to alt f4- it. It sometimes takes me to the vab, but while i can scroll trough the components, i cant build anythign or exit the vab.

Writing this report it strikes me that i probabily have 2 UIs open at teh same time, the mission control and the vab, but I get limited mouse control over either.

Either way, uninstalling KerbalKonstructs kills this bug.

I have this same problem, had to uninstall the mod, for me it happens in mission control, everytime i click on a tab inside it, like "active" it suddenly opens the VAB without anyway of leaving it, i can use the console to leave it but this just makes the mission control unusable, im using it with Galileo's planet pack in KSP 1.4.3. 

Another problem i have, which i don't know if it is like that in the pack, but with galileo's installed all bases are always open, no matter which options i select, i can't also close them.

Edited by thiagobaisch

6 hours ago, tonimark said:

@Galileoit says no supported modules found! what does this mean or how to fix it

I've been having this issue too. Unfortunately, for me, it only displays if I have a Kerbal Konstructs addon added (such as KerbinSide). In addition, none of the buildings I place down actually save, and say if I save a building and then realize I made a mistake, I can't select it and edit again, nor can I view ANY of the statics placed on Kerbin. That list is just, well, blank.

Due to the way Dropbox is working, I can only upload my modded .log file. I will try to get a stock .log file uploaded sometime soon.

For clarification's sake, I tested both Issue 1 and Issue 2 following the steps. I noticed it with my mods list and later tested it alone and it still occurred.

• Reproduction steps: (for issue 1)
    • Update to 1.4.4 with Making History expansion pack
    • Install KerbinSide Remastered, or any other mod that adds more statics for KK, in addition to KK.
    • Load game and create/load a new save
    • The additions will not exist, such as KerbinSide Remastered taxiways.
    • Push Ctrl + K
      • it won't work
    • If KerbinSide Remastered is installed, and no other statics mods, then it will only bring up a window that says "no supported modules found", similar to what tonimark has.
  • Reproduction steps: (for issue 2)
    • Update to 1.4.4 with Making History expansion pack
    • Install ONLY Kerbal Konstructs
    • Place a static anywhere
    • Attempt to delete the static (it will not delete)
    • Enable colliders
      • You can now drive on it and such
    • Try to reselect it or view all/local instances
      • You can view it, and if colliders are enabled, drive on it and land on it, etc, but you cannot edit it again, because you cannot select it again
    • Save and quit
    • Reload the save file
    • Go to where you placed your static
      • It will not exist anymore, it was not saved

You'll have to roll back to KSP v1.4.3. KK and Kerbin Side don't work with KSP v1.4.4 yet....

Right click on KSP in Steam library, go to properties then find the tab to enroll in the beta program and select your prior game version....then let it download and rollback to the earlier version.

Warning: Your current persistent save game may not load with an earlier version of KSP if you already were playing in the new version....so I hope you manually backed up your saves before updating, or have an old save that you didn't load while on version 1.4.4

This answer is also on the prior page from the guy who manages this mod....he is on vacation and can't fix it right now...

Edited by JoE Smash

There are multiple other mods that need to be significantly worked on for version 1.4.4 of KSP. 

I believe Extraplanetary Launchpads may have recently been updated.

Not sure about kopernicus or mods requiring kopernicus. I read a week ago when KSP version 1.4.4 came out that if you were using Kopernicus it could significantly corrupt your save game.

You need to remember that mods are made by regular people (for the most part), that mod the game for fun in their spare time. They don't have access to the game's patch notes or code before a new version is released. So it will take time after a new version is released to fix mods if there were significant changes to the code of the game.

If you absolutely must update all your games as soon as updates are released, then I recommend you don't mod your games and just play the stock unmodded game. If you want to mod your game then don't update your game until the mods you want to run have also been updated....

That's my advice....

PS. Also always back up your save games before updating any game and/or before modding it....

11 hours ago, tonimark said:

@Galileoit says no supported modules found! what does this mean or how to fix it

It means you have KAS installed and you open the Kas menu instead of the kk statics editor. 

Change the hockey of Kas to something else in its.cfg file 

kk is NOT working with ksp 1.4.4 and will not for at least two more weeks.

im on vacation for away from my computer, so there is nothing I can do. 

I'll have a look at the El change log, a maybe there is a clue what needs to be fixed on my side, but still, I cannot do anything before I return.

If someone is willing to help, please feel free to release a bug fix until I'm back.

27 minutes ago, tonimark said:

yep i have kerbin side installed with ksc++ and nope

i have found in the gthub that kk may work perfectly but their keys noflig with kerbal attachement system and pop ups the kas debug menu instead of kk

A little tip for developing anything for KSP: Don’t have unnecessary mods installed. If you want to build a KK base, only have KK installed.

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

Kk is not working on 1.4.4 and will not work for at least the next 14 days. 

Some changes within ksp broke kk quite badly, so it dies directly on startup.

Use 1.4.3 or 1.3.x if you want to use kk. 

Oh, I thought he knew that because someone had already brought that up just above his comments. :/

Edit: it was you that brought it up lol.

Edited by Galileo

On 2/18/2018 at 8:24 AM, Ger_space said:

This should also work on custom planets (although untested), as they are internally set up the same way as stock. KK just adds more PQS_Mods to the planet setup and then forces the planet to rebuild itself. The rebuild of the planet sphere is quite resource intensive, thats why you need to use the apply button to make the changes visible.

I was just wondering if anyone had tested this and got it to work? I've been trying to get map decals to work on a Kopernicus/Sigma rescaled Kerbin and they don't seem to be applied.

ETA:
Tried installing to a test game. Without Kopernicus map decals work fine, with it they don't work.

EETA:

Ignore that, it does work, it just seems to need some tweaking and playing with.

Edited by Citizen247

6 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

I was just wondering if anyone had tested this and got it to work? I've been trying to get map decals to work on a Kopernicus/Sigma rescaled Kerbin and they don't seem to be applied.

ETA:
Tried installing to a test game. Without Kopernicus map decals work fine, with it they don't work.

EETA:

Ignore that, it does work, it just seems to need some tweaking and playing with.

Galileo uses mapdecals for his GPP planet pack, so I know it's working. They need a minimum size, which can vary from planet to planet. 

125m works only for stock Kerbin, other planets might need bigger sizes, but I never testet that.

I have an issue with this mod installed with Galileo's Planet Pack, in the game, all bases are always open, and even changing difficulty settings i can't make them "closed" after the start of career mode, so it kind of "removes" that aspect of opening new bases with resources and i don't like that.

Edited by thiagobaisch

8 hours ago, thiagobaisch said:

I have an issue with this mod installed with Galileo's Planet Pack, in the game, all bases are always open, and even changing difficulty settings i can't make them "closed" after the start of career mode, so it kind of "removes" that aspect of opening new bases with resources and i don't like that.

This is not an issue with kk, but maybe with GPP how the bases are setup. If they have a open value of 0 they will be always open. 

11 hours ago, thiagobaisch said:

They are all open by design. If you don’t like it, feel free to change it in the cfgs, but I will not.