StarCrusher96

[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

I still have the KSS 0.7 (part 1) with clouds. With my install, the clouds initially work but if you exit to the main screen and then try to enter back into the game, the clouds will disappear. After this you must restart KSP. Otherwise, if you just downloaded KSS, the clouds are currently missing because of copyright issues. Clouds are being redesigned and will be reintroduced in Part 2 of KSS 0.7 :) 

Oh okay that makes more sense

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

How do you got clouds ? There are no 0.7 clouds at the moment.

I don't i was just wondering whether or not i'd installed the wrong thing but nevermind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

I still have the KSS 0.7 (part 1) with clouds. With my install, the clouds initially work but if you exit to the main screen and then try to enter back into the game, the clouds will disappear. After this you must restart KSP. Otherwise, if you just downloaded KSS, the clouds are currently missing because of copyright issues. Clouds are being redesigned and will be reintroduced in Part 2 of KSS 0.7 :) 

That happens sometimes. It usually fixes itself once you get close enough to a body for the clouds to render close-up :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badge said:

Is Voon supposed to look this? In the teaser videos it didn't look quite as blue. Also how do you install tropical Laythe? Is it a outdated config or can i still install it?

 

https://gyazo.com/2bd733b04eefd33b9dbe14c2e729bd79

To install tropical Laythe, identify the location of Laythe in the KSS folder. Then, copy the folder containing the tropical laythe textures and replace the textures allready in the KSS folder. This also is what you would do for the Duna optional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Kelnis supposed to mirror TRAPPIST-1? Man, I'm loving this mod. Combined with Research Bodies, there's so much to do and find. It's actually kind of overwhelming. I've barely done contracts (the tourism ones are now ridiculous) since I got enough money and science to go interstellar. I've been sending a combination of manned and unmanned crafts (with great ISRU capability) to map out the stellar systems, and there are still a bunch of planets (even a few stars) that I haven't visited yet. I can't even be sure if I've discovered most of the planets/moons/stars yet.

I don't know if I would like it at all if I didn't also have Interstellar Extended (that's a huge part of reaching places in a timely manner and having enough ISRU capability to visit many worlds with a single craft), but as far as I can tell, this expansion has, by a wide margin, offered the biggest increase in gameplay of any mod I've used. I can't imagine how much work this has taken, and it's amazing. Looking forward to part 2 very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

To install tropical Laythe, identify the location of Laythe in the KSS folder. Then, copy the folder containing the tropical laythe textures and replace the textures allready in the KSS folder. This also is what you would do for the Duna optional.

Then I must be blind...  I've looked all over the KSS folders with no success.  Even did searches in their folders for 'Laythe' and 'Tropical'.  I've got 0.7 Part 1, though I don't have the Kelnis system installed yet.  (School has kept me QUITE busy.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RobFalcon said:

Then I must be blind...  I've looked all over the KSS folders with no success.  Even did searches in their folders for 'Laythe' and 'Tropical'.  I've got 0.7 Part 1, though I don't have the Kelnis system installed yet.  (School has kept me QUITE busy.)

Try KSS/KopernicusFiles/VanillaPlanets/Jool/PluginData and you should see Laythe_Biome.png, Laythe_Color.dds, Laythe_Height.dds, and Laythe_Normal.png. I'm not a modder and don't really know what I'm doing, but if you link me to the mod you're talking about, I might be able to help you out if that isn't enough info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Badge said:

Is Voon supposed to look this? In the teaser videos it didn't look quite as blue. Also how do you install tropical Laythe? Is it a outdated config or can i still install it?

https://gyazo.com/2bd733b04eefd33b9dbe14c2e729bd79

Voon should not look like that. Make sure all your mods are up to date (scatterer, Kopernicus, KSS), and try again. The bug is a result of the ring shadow bug which is fixed for 0.7.

3 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

To install tropical Laythe, identify the location of Laythe in the KSS folder. Then, copy the folder containing the tropical laythe textures and replace the textures allready in the KSS folder. This also is what you would do for the Duna optional.

It doesn't completely work like that. Tropical Laythe wasn't released in Part 1 (along with Terraformed Duna), and copying just the textures would create some major bugs, too.

2 hours ago, Zero132132 said:

Is Kelnis supposed to mirror TRAPPIST-1? Man, I'm loving this mod. Combined with Research Bodies, there's so much to do and find. It's actually kind of overwhelming. I've barely done contracts (the tourism ones are now ridiculous) since I got enough money and science to go interstellar. I've been sending a combination of manned and unmanned crafts (with great ISRU capability) to map out the stellar systems, and there are still a bunch of planets (even a few stars) that I haven't visited yet. I can't even be sure if I've discovered most of the planets/moons/stars yet.

I don't know if I would like it at all if I didn't also have Interstellar Extended (that's a huge part of reaching places in a timely manner and having enough ISRU capability to visit many worlds with a single craft), but as far as I can tell, this expansion has, by a wide margin, offered the biggest increase in gameplay of any mod I've used. I can't imagine how much work this has taken, and it's amazing. Looking forward to part 2 very much.

In KSS, we do have parts made to take a craft interstellar, which is pretty efficient. Just look for the plasma engine and helium tanks, and you may want a few radiators, too.

1 hour ago, RobFalcon said:

Then I must be blind...  I've looked all over the KSS folders with no success.  Even did searches in their folders for 'Laythe' and 'Tropical'.  I've got 0.7 Part 1, though I don't have the Kelnis system installed yet.  (School has kept me QUITE busy.)

You're not blind. Tropical Laythe and Terraformed Duna aren't in Part 1, and will be released in Part 2 along with an optional "Red Jool" :wink:

32 minutes ago, Zero132132 said:

Try KSS/KopernicusFiles/VanillaPlanets/Jool/PluginData and you should see Laythe_Biome.png, Laythe_Color.dds, Laythe_Height.dds, and Laythe_Normal.png. I'm not a modder and don't really know what I'm doing, but if you link me to the mod you're talking about, I might be able to help you out if that isn't enough info.

As I said, copying just the textures will have some bad effects, as biomes, oceans, and many other things will bug out. They'll look different, but have the same properties as the normal Laythe and Duna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheSpacePotato said:

*Snip.*

You're not blind. Tropical Laythe and Terraformed Duna aren't in Part 1, and will be released in Part 2 along with an optional "Red Jool" :wink:

*Snip.*

Ah.  That makes me feel better, actually.  :)  Will continue to stand by!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Badge said:

Is Voon supposed to look this? In the teaser videos it didn't look quite as blue. Also how do you install tropical Laythe? Is it a outdated config or can i still install it?

https://gyazo.com/2bd733b04eefd33b9dbe14c2e729bd79

Seems like you’re using outdated KSS data? Tropical Laythe is also outdated and won’t work properly. Don’t start combining 0.6 and 0.7 data. It took months to make all the changes and combining them will certainly break your game.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Seems like you’re using outdated KSS data? Tropical Laythe is also outdated and won’t work properly. Don’t start combining 0.6 and 0.7 data. It took months to make all the changes and combining them will certainly break your game.

can you fix the problem by replacing the config for Tropical Laythe with a hypothetical optional config? This might fix the biome part of the errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

can you fix the problem by replacing the config for Tropical Laythe with a hypothetical optional config? This might fix the biome part of the errors.

It is fixable but I'm not fixing Tropical Laythe as long as it isn't 're-released'. Messing around with KSS is at your own risk. (see page 1)

Tropical Laythe will be back in part 2. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

It is fixable but I'm not fixing Tropical Laythe as long as it isn't 're-released'. Messing around with KSS is at your own risk. (see page 1)

Tropical Laythe will be back in part 2. 

so, we are not allowed to have Tropical Laythe till we wait an undisclosed time for part 2? Should I just make a fix for the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

so, we are not allowed to have Tropical Laythe till we wait an undisclosed time for part 2? Should I just make a fix for the problem?

There is no problem? Just be patient and I don't allow fixes sorry. 

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 
CC BY-NC-ND

Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UranianBlue said:

so, we are not allowed to have Tropical Laythe till we wait an undisclosed time for part 2? Should I just make a fix for the problem?

It's not that you're not allowed to have Tropical Laythe, it's that there isn't a version of Tropical Laythe available for 0.7. And you could try to fix that, but it would be considered stealing KSS content, which isn't legal since KSS is licensed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Laho - new clouds

LAHOCLOUDS.png?dl=1

Woah... very foggy :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Laho - new clouds

LAHO.png?dl=1

LAHOCLOUDS.png?dl=1

Are you sure those aren't real pictures of Titan? They look too real. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

so, we are not allowed to have Tropical Laythe till we wait an undisclosed time for part 2? Should I just make a fix for the problem?

You can wait for 0.7 Part 2 like how you wait for the next iPhone, or the next episode of a TV show. Patiently. Because you know a lot of work goes into those things.

KSS takes a lot of work. Be grateful it exists at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

You can wait for 0.7 Part 2 like how you wait for the next iPhone, or the next episode of a TV show. Patiently. Because you know a lot of work goes into those things.

KSS takes a lot of work. Be grateful it exists at all.

Maybe the continued updates on the TRAPPIST One system can be delayed for other priorities then? Maybe @StarCrusher96 could work on the pulsar planet system and fix Tropical Laythe if those were the priorities.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

Maybe the continued updates on the TRAPPIST One system can be delayed for other priorities then? Maybe @StarCrusher96 could work on the pulsar planet system and fix Tropical Laythe if those were the priorities.

 

Updating existing systems is always higher priority than making new systems. Tropical Laythe is already high priority which is why it's slated for 0.7 part 2, the very next update scheduled to be released.

We never confirmed a pulsar planet system, so stop asking for it.

Edited by Greatness101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Updating existing systems is always higher priority than making new systems. Tropical Laythe is already high priority which is why it's slated for 0.7 part 2, the very next update scheduled to be released.

We never confirmed a pulsar planet system, so stop asking for it.

If KSS isn't going to add in a pulsar planet system, I can always go back on the changes I made on my flight complication mod. And if KSS won't add in a pulsar planet system, I can always make my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

Maybe the continued updates on the TRAPPIST One system can be delayed for other priorities then? Maybe @StarCrusher96 could work on the pulsar planet system and fix Tropical Laythe if those were the priorities.

KSS has its own path where it wants to go in the future, and as of right now a pulsar system isn't high priority. We have other systems that need to be released, and then tweaked, and so on. Tropical Laythe is being released with the other optionals, and it's being planned for Part 2 because we have new optionals (Red Jool, for example). The Kelnis System is more or less finished now, the only things it's lacking are the groundscattering and sciencedefs, along with a few tweaks. The Kerolon System also needs to be completed, because it's been in-dev since 0.3.5, meaning that its completion is well due. We also have to work on a whole new star system to release in Part 2, since some of the Kerolon planets are being moved out to make some more room, and the new system needs more than just 2 planets. After that is planets around Kerbos, planets around Korlon, more planets around Kormin, a rogue planet, improvements to the existing systems, visuals and biomes for all of these, compatibility with more planet packs, full lore implementation, sciencedefs for all of them, and much, much more. We're not just going to stop at "good enough" on these planet systems, as most planet pack creators do. @StarCrusher96 works long and hard on KSS, along with studies, so I really don't think he needs someone telling him his schedule is all wrong. If you want to make your own pulsar system, go ahead, because right now that's not our top priority, it's finishing what's on our plate right now.

Edited by TheSpacePotato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings, 

Some parts that this mod adds are missing, except for the helium tanks.  I've even checked the manufacturer's tab, but it only shows those tanks. Are these dependent on some other mod, or known to be incompatible with some? The rest of the mod works fine though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.