Jump to content

[1.12.3] OMICRON - Flying Space Car - Release 0.6.6.6


Climberfx
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Omicron's not flying today... But that's not a bad thing.

@Climberfx I'd like to request some side ramps if it's not too much trouble.Trying to climb out of a car leads to kerbal death and I don't want to add a rear ramp as it means I can't mount an engine or have the nice tapered back end.

CABSeDs.jpg

3uvKKhk.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Omicron's not flying today... But that's not a bad thing.

@Climberfx I'd like to request some side ramps if it's not too much trouble.Trying to climb out of a car leads to kerbal death and I don't want to add a rear ramp as it means I can't mount an engine or have the nice tapered back end.

CABSeDs.jpg

3uvKKhk.jpg

Cool car. Try to use the stairs... (side Omicron ladder)
 

Edited by Climberfx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Hello, ClimberFX

Sweet design - I added this to my list of mods I "must have" but first Ive got to figure out something odd.

I have downloaded it from Curse, unpacked it, was faced with another omnicron.zip file and a omnicron folder - inside omnicron folder was 2 more folders, _macoSX and omnicron

the Zip file is yet another version of same 2 folders under the Omicron folder.

Do I need all of those files?

I ask cause I keep getting a crash that ive narrowed down to the Vtol part file (after extensive testing by deleting all mods and adding mods 1 by 1, then deleting individual part files 1 by 1) very tedious testing to be sure.)

but I wanted to make sure before I reported it to anyone and not just say "it causes crashes fix it" soo I put in the time/effort to figure out which thing caused it (and then i find I can just check the dang output log... for clues)

Right when the game hits the Vtol part file the whole thing crashes. if I delete the Vtol part file everything else works (no matter what mods I use just about - and I use a heavy list of mods when I play- but I did test with just bare min mods of yours and its dependents)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Omicron/Parts/O_vtol_engine/O_vtol_engine'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
Invalid value length for Vector3! Field availableAngles2, value 45, 30, 15, 0 on object of type Firespitter.engine.FSVTOLrotator
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
Crash!!!

Hope this information helps find a fix? cause I really want to try those neet Vtols you have and I saw in the videos :)

Dunewolf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, Dunewolf said:

Hello, ClimberFX

Sweet design - I added this to my list of mods I "must have" but first Ive got to figure out something odd.

I have downloaded it from Curse, unpacked it, was faced with another omnicron.zip file and a omnicron folder - inside omnicron folder was 2 more folders, _macoSX and omnicron

the Zip file is yet another version of same 2 folders under the Omicron folder.

Do I need all of those files?

I ask cause I keep getting a crash that ive narrowed down to the Vtol part file (after extensive testing by deleting all mods and adding mods 1 by 1, then deleting individual part files 1 by 1) very tedious testing to be sure.)

but I wanted to make sure before I reported it to anyone and not just say "it causes crashes fix it" soo I put in the time/effort to figure out which thing caused it (and then i find I can just check the dang output log... for clues)

Right when the game hits the Vtol part file the whole thing crashes. if I delete the Vtol part file everything else works (no matter what mods I use just about - and I use a heavy list of mods when I play- but I did test with just bare min mods of yours and its dependents)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Omicron/Parts/O_vtol_engine/O_vtol_engine'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
Invalid value length for Vector3! Field availableAngles2, value 45, 30, 15, 0 on object of type Firespitter.engine.FSVTOLrotator
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
Crash!!!

Hope this information helps find a fix? cause I really want to try those neet Vtols you have and I saw in the videos :)

Dunewolf

Strange that appear two folders, but i can understand, i believe it is because i use Mac Osx. But you need only one folder, the Omicron folder to play, put it on your Gamedata folder.

So, the thing you are having in the vtol engines, i believe is because you don't have or have an older version of firespiter plugin.

You can download the new one directly from the autor, on his github page: 

http://snjo.github.io

Just download it and put im place of the old one if you already have it, or create a firespiter/plugin subfolder on gametdata and put it there. Almost sure it will work!

Good Game!

p.s.: son i come back to evolve on the mod, for now i'm to busy in my work!

 

Edited by Climberfx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1.3 compatibility:

Until i update the Omicron completely, here is the link of the file module mirror fixed (the one that chashed in 1.3), just delete the old one and put this in place. The original was on plugins subfolder of Omicron, named "ObjectTools.dll". Deletes this, and then put the one in the link below on same place. I just changed the file name. Now it is "ModuleMirror.dll"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92vw3aolsx1i4zc/ModuleMirror.dll.zip?dl=0

Edited by Climberfx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Very cool mod Climberfx. Question though... how do I attach your wheels? When they are aligned correctly with the ground, there is a flap (inside) that is lower than the tire which, of course, gets caught up on the ground. I'm not seeing it in your videos so I figure I'm attaching it wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, shuggaloaf said:

Very cool mod Climberfx. Question though... how do I attach your wheels? When they are aligned correctly with the ground, there is a flap (inside) that is lower than the tire which, of course, gets caught up on the ground. I'm not seeing it in your videos so I figure I'm attaching it wrong?

Thanks Shuggaloaf.

Here goes the how to put Omicron Wheels for you.

Hope that helps.

Description bellow Youtube video.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Climberfx said:

Here goes the how to put Omicron Wheels for you.

OK well at least I know I'm not crazy. Thanks for the video. That is how I was attaching them. Apparently my wheels are bugged out. I do not get the context menu when right clicking and cannot raise/lower wheels in flight. This is what I see... Notice the extra door hanging down there?

D1ksseo.jpg

 

 

EDIT: I noticed that I missed installing KSPWheel. I downloaded and added to my GameData folder and was sure that would fix my issue... nope. Still the same as before. :-/

Edited by shuggaloaf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shuggaloaf said:

OK well at least I know I'm not crazy. Thanks for the video. That is how I was attaching them. Apparently my wheels are bugged out. I do not get the context menu when right clicking and cannot raise/lower wheels in flight. This is what I see... Notice the extra door hanging down there?

D1ksseo.jpg

 

 

EDIT: I noticed that I missed installing KSPWheel. I downloaded and added to my GameData folder and was sure that would fix my issue... nope. Still the same as before. :-/

You for sure need KSPWheels to use omicron wheels animation.

I already try it here with lattest KSPWheels plugin, and still work on 1.3.

This video i made for you, in KSP 1.3 on OSX.

Windows should do the same.

What are you getting?

Have you installed module manager 2.8.1 too?

And Firespiter (download only the plugin) -> (http://snjo.github.io) . This one is needed to use Vtol engines animations.

Here are the ones i put too:

 

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 12.41.41

 

Smokescreen for the neat smoke/fire particles...

 

Edited by Climberfx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

You for sure need KSPWheels to use omicron wheels animation.

I already try it here with lattest KSPWheels plugin, and still work on 1.3.

This video i made for you, in KSP 1.3 on OSX.

Windows should do the same.

What are you getting?

Yeah I installed KSPWheel and it didn't help. I'm still on 1.2.2 and I'm using v0.5.2 of your mod. I'm using the KSPWheel that was made for 1.2.2. (version 0.9.4.15)

Windows 7, 64 bit.

I think that's what you're asking?

Edited by shuggaloaf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, shuggaloaf said:

Yeah I installed KSPWheel and it didn't help. I'm still on 1.2.2 and I'm using v0.5.2 of your mod. I'm using the KSPWheel that was made for 1.2.2. Windows 7, 64 bit.

I think that's what you're asking?

It was made for 1.2.2, so that should not get you trouble...

On my KSP 1.2.2 install,i have only KSPWheels 0.9.2.11

Every version of my mod have this working on KSP 1.2.2

Have you checked module manager and firespiter?

Edited by Climberfx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

Have you installed module manager 2.8.1 too?

And Firespiter (download only the plugin) -> (http://snjo.github.io) . This one is needed to use Vtol engines animations.

I'm still on module manager 2.7.5, maybe that's the issue. I will try to get the new version and see if it helps.

4 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

It was made for 1.2.2, so that should not get you trouble...

On my KSP 1.2.2 install,i have only KSPWheels 0.9.2.11

Every version of my mod have this working on KSP 1.2.2

I'll try MM 2.8.1 1st and if no luck I'll try downgrading KSPWheels to 0.9.2.11.

Thanks for all your help! I'll let you know how it goes...

 

 

EDIT: Hmmm, looks like 2.8.1 is for KSP1.3. I should prob stick with 2.7.5. I'll try goign back to the older version of KSPWheels

Edited by shuggaloaf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, shuggaloaf said:

I'm still on module manager 2.7.5, maybe that's the issue. I will try to get the new version and see if it helps.

I'll try MM 2.8.1 1st and if no luck I'll try downgrading KSPWheels to 0.9.2.11.

Thanks for all your help! I'll let you know how it goes...

I don't think that is the module manager version, because it was running in older versions too.

The only one i do not know for sure is KSPWheels new versions, besides the last one and that i tell i have in 1.2.2.

Let me now the results...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

I don't think that is the module manager version, because it was running in older versions too.

The only one i do not know for sure is KSPWheels new versions, besides the last one and that i tell i have in 1.2.2.

Let me now the results...

Just tried KSPWheels 0.9.2.11. Same results. I'm going to try with a 100% fresh install and see if that helps. I had tried with a fresh install + only 4 mods but let me try just omicron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shuggaloaf said:

Just tried KSPWheels 0.9.2.11. Same results. I'm going to try with a 100% fresh install and see if that helps. I had tried with a fresh install + only 4 mods but let me try just omicron.

You need, omicron, firespiter, smokescreen and KSPWheesl to have all parts working.

Takecommand is important too if you wanna take of with kerbals inside from SPH/VAB.

Smokescreen if not installed, the mod will work, but without particles on vtol engines...

Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

You need, omicron, firespiter, smokescreen and KSPWheesl to have all parts working.

Takecommand is important too if you wanna take of with kerbals inside from SPH/VAB.

Smokescreen if not installed, the mod will work, but without particles on vtol engines...

Good luck!

Well I just tried it from a fresh install. Only omicron, firespitter, kspwheels and mod manager. Still the same for me. didn't bother with smokescreen since it only affects VTOL animations.

I guess I just wasn't meant to have working wheels :-/ In any case, the other parts are still usable and I don't want to keep bombarding the thread with my posts so I'll just go ahead and accept my fate now. :-) Thanks for all your help and keep up the great work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, shuggaloaf said:

Well I just tried it from a fresh install. Only omicron, firespitter, kspwheels and mod manager. Still the same for me. didn't bother with smokescreen since it only affects VTOL animations.

I guess I just wasn't meant to have working wheels :-/ In any case, the other parts are still usable and I don't want to keep bombarding the thread with my posts so I'll just go ahead and accept my fate now. :-) Thanks for all your help and keep up the great work!

In your place, i would give a try and talk with Mr Shadowmage from KSPwheels, he may solve your problem.

Just ask nicely, he knows my mod, i think he will be glad to help you too.

Cheers mate!

Edited by Climberfx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm not great at computer stuff; I read through the thread and I understand there is a way to make this mod playable on 1.3. I'd really love to try it out because it looks very cool and very innovative; I was wondering if someone could just give me a quick outline on how to make it work. Thanks, keep up the great work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 12:36 AM, paneledberry said:

Okay, so I'm not great at computer stuff; I read through the thread and I understand there is a way to make this mod playable on 1.3. I'd really love to try it out because it looks very cool and very innovative; I was wondering if someone could just give me a quick outline on how to make it work. Thanks, keep up the great work

Hey Paneledberry.

It works on 1.3, you just need to update de mirror module, i put in this post here:

I will finish it yet, need to implement the new parts i did, and make some others, like control panels, etc...

Soon!

Edited by Climberfx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...