[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

I've noticed a huge issue, and I *think* it is the PhysicsRangeExtender. I'm noticing that at higher altitudes, my ships start to almost, "shake" and have odd visual spasms. It also seems to be screwing with the orbit trajectory a bit. This could just be mod interference, but I just wanted to know if anyone else experiences this.

Edited by Yoshidude

11 minutes ago, cisagent said:

Missiles arent doing any damage, is this a known glitch or just me?

Impossible to say without a log. Please see the how to get support link below in my signature,  And unlike many, do attempt to provide at least some of the information required

1 hour ago, Yoshidude said:

I've noticed a huge issue, and I *think* it is the PhysicsRangeExtender. I'm noticing that at higher altitudes, my ships start to almost, "shake" and have odd visual spasms. It also seems to be screwing with the orbit trajectory a bit. This could just be mod interference, but I just wanted to know if anyone else experiences this.

7 hours ago, Yoshidude said:

Get the latest version of PRE. And read the OP from the link sent by @SpannerMonkey 

17 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Impossible to say without a log. Please see the how to get support link below in my signature,  And unlike many, do attempt to provide at least some of the information required

Aaaand that's what I get for not using the latest version. :/

21 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'm a little confused on how I convert the notepad document to a file and send it to you through dropbox (never used dropbox before) but I'll just give you what I have until I figure it out.

KSP: 1.2.2 Windows 64bit

Problem: Missiles do no damage, it looks like they explode before impact.

Mods installed:

BDarmory

Destruction Effects

Kerbal Konstructs

Kerbinside

(STILL DID NOT WORK BEFORE THESE EXTRA MODS WERE INSTALLED)

Reproduction Steps:

Build any vehicle with missiles attached

Lock missile on target

Fire missile at a target (another vehicle) and watch as the missile explodes just before contact causing no damage, no countermeasures are used.

Log:

Confused on how to convert it to file/ send it.

EDIT: I downloaded and installed PRE and the problem seems to be gone.

Edited by cisagent
Edited for clearer explanation.

One thing that I don't really like about this is that you can't lob shells. Everything has to be within line-of-sight. I haven't seen any sign of bullet drop. (or if there is, it doesn't make the sort of arc that they normally would). 

If I could lob shells, then I could hit things on top of mountains or over hills.

Image result for artillery shell arc

I know that it's because of the current limitations of the mod, but I'd really like to see the ability to lob shells become a reality in the future.

25 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

I know that it's because of the current limitations of the mod, but I'd really like to see the ability to lob shells become a reality in the future.

Hi, the BDA turret system can fire a fairly (very )high arc if set up correctly,  have you tried for example one of the mk19 grenade launchers in PEW or SMA , you seriously grow old waiting for those shells to land.   The major limitation for long range artillery is that there  is no (that i'm aware of ) top down sighting facility(or mod) so aiming becomes a bit sketchy , but it's far from broken or unusable .

I should add as a ps. That bullet drop is a configurable option, and 99% of all turrets have it allowed, however, this brings us back to set up, if the projectile and turret has the usual big bang set up then , the shell is likely to be too light  traveling too fast, with in some case microscopic deviation angles, then you're unlikely to see much of it.  ALso relevant is the range, how many people here stage surface scenarios that cover 30km, not many, and if you want to see the guns work properly you need range.  example below

N5uKuHf.gif

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Whenever I use it I can never get any range like that. The shells disappear before they can start to go down. Is there a way to extend the range for the shells before they despawn/are deleted?

Also, by lobbing shells I was talking about having a very high angle on the gun and having it go up in the air, make a sharp arc, then go down.

11 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Whenever I use it I can never get any range like that. The shells disappear before they can start to go down. Is there a way to extend the range for the shells before they despawn/are deleted?

Also, by lobbing shells I was talking about having a very high angle on the gun and having it go up in the air, make a sharp arc, then go down.

13 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

BDA turret system can fire a fairly (very )high arc if set up correctly,  have you tried for example one of the mk19 grenade launchers in PEW or SMA , you seriously grow old waiting for those shells to land.

22 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

How you made the explosion effect and damage ?

Unity and KSP particle emitters and a smattering of animation produce the FX (smoke flames etc)  The damage (kinetic impact/ heat input) is controlled completely by code.  There is no terrain or kerbal damage,  only damage to parts and destructible buildings.

11 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

Can you made one for my Sonic bomb ?

Not really as i find FX are very subjective, meaning, that what looks awesome to me may look awful to you.  I have danced this dance before and did not enjoy it one bit, as the end result  was so far removed from what I consider decent and appropriate.

It's worth noting that all if not most of the explosion FX currently working in KSP (including Squads  are derived from the Unity Detonator package available on the asset store

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

What I'm talking about is you're having artillery firing either at the island or from the island in that photo. I'd reckon that the island is at bare minimum 30 kilometers away (judging by the size and the curvature of the horizon). All of my shells disappear before they can get into that range. I'm pretty sure it's a thing to reduce lag, since having all of the missed shots going on for 100 or so kilometers would lag the game, since computers don't like having to track thousands of persistent moving objects. Is there any workaround?

Just now, Raptor22 said:

What I'm talking about is you're having artillery firing either at the island or from the island in that photo. I'd reckon that the island is at bare minimum 30 kilometers away (judging by the size and the curvature of the horizon). All of my shells disappear before they can get into that range. I'm pretty sure it's a thing to reduce lag, since having all of the missed shots going on for 100 or so kilometers would lag the game, since computers don't like having to track thousands of persistent moving objects. Is there any workaround?

I think @SpannerMonkey(smce) is using an "special" version of BDArmory. You can download it from here https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDArmory/tree/RBDA

10 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I think @SpannerMonkey(smce) is using an "special" version of BDArmory. You can download it from here https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDArmory/tree/RBDA

Indeed that shot is from RBDA, couldnt recall if it was public yet or not..    However I still stand by my assertion that stupidly high arcs are possible in stock BDA , but it needs the turret set up to support it,

Hold on... It says bahaturret, but it's still under the BD armory folder.

It does not appear to be public, since the latest release in that directory was from november of last year.

I have to download the master folder.

I even tried googling "BD armory RBDA" and nothing showed up, so I'm guessing that it's not been made public yet.

Do I put the "BD armory RBDA folder in my directory, or do I put the "Bahaturret" folder that's inside of it in there. Additionally, do I delete the other BD armory file (the one from the release here)?

Ah. Now that I've looked at it, it appears that it's just the source code that's in that file. Everything is a .CS file, and the file structure is way different than that of the one in the release.

While the one in the release has folder such as "Agencies", "asset bundles" and "Models", this one has "Animation" "Properties" and "Codemap". Considering that I've never seen these type of files, I'm assuming that it's the source code for unity (or whatever you guys use).

If you could work on making a proper release for that at some point, that would be great.

11 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

"BD armory RBDA"

Hi to use RBDA from the download open the distribution folder , once you unzipped the archive, open the gamedata folder and drop the contents into KSP GameData. Yes it is a BDA alternative and the two BDA and RBDA should not be used together.  I think one of the reasons it is in not such an accessible form is that on the whole it offer's far more than the average user will ever need. and there may possibly some issues for players on lower end machines   Very few players are interested in true over the horizon engagements, even though many have wished for it, most prefer the up close and personal style of combat.

Alright then. Thanks. Luckily I have both a beefy PC and like longer-range (more realistic) combat.

Does it include the physics range extender (or some sort of similar file)? If so, is there a possible way to adjust it (in case I need to lower it). On the topic of physics range extender, do I use it with this version?

4 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Alright then. Thanks. Luckily I have both a beefy PC and like longer-range (more realistic) combat.

Does it include the physics range extender (or some sort of similar file)? If so, is there a possible way to adjust it (in case I need to lower it). On the topic of physics range extender, do I use it with this version?

You can download the latest version of PRE from  here https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases . It it has an icon called PRE during flight. You can use to adjust the range.