Mac user. Start up loading screen stuck at 50%

I'm using a 2015 MacBook Air with the latest version of OS X. No mods. I'm new to KSP and am not particularly computer savvy either, nor am I a gamer...so you may need to hold my hand through this. This is only my second time trying to start the game. Anyway, when I left click on the KSP icon, the loading screen appears and the loading bar stays at 50%. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

10 hours ago, NSEP said:

I dont know much about Mac's but what does it say on the loading bar? There should be a directory name thing showing on the bar.

It doesn't say anything about what's loading. Instead, it only shows random jokes, like "Herding Kerbal ground crews", "Pointing front end towards space"...stuff like that.

48 minutes ago, Acid Tommy said:

It doesn't say anything about what's loading. Instead, it only shows random jokes, like "Herding Kerbal ground crews", "Pointing front end towards space"...stuff like that.

Oh ok, the post by @sal_vager might be usefull

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.