eve aerobreaking problem

Hi,

video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aufpva2qpuq4fek/vlc-record-2017-02-26-19h31m42s-2017.02.26-19.26.mp4-.mp4?dl=0
the above video shows the last orbit of an eve aerobreaking manouver, at first u can see the ship(completely out of fuel) cannot keep its alignment with his axis, I mean with the prograde vector,
..dont know how to explain...
Then u can see that I press F9 and I try again but this time I start the rotation and I can safely reach low speeds, even if at the end the ship was loosing its alignment again.

As it's not the first time that this happend to me...
My questions are: why it happend? how to avoid it w/o rotating? How can I prevent the misalignment?
Maybe have I to add more mass between the shield and the last engine?

Edit: look this pls: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7eid3i1czkruzd/vlc-record-2017-02-26-20h24m47s-2017.02.26-20.24.mp4-.mp4?dl=0
Why the antenna brokes if it's covered by the inflatable shield?

Edited by antipro

The problem is that the heatshield is super draggy and the back end is hardly at all. So the craft flips to fix this instability when you get into thicker atmosphere. 

The fix is to make a lot of drag at the rear of the craft. 

RCS or reaction wheels will not cut it. 

Try putting maybe 8 to 16 air brakes on decouplers (so you can dump them on the surface) attached to the rear of the craft. Make absolutely sure that when they are deployed they are within the occlusion shadow cylinder from the circumpherence of the heatshield or they will almost instantly burn up. 

The mission as it stands is very likely a bust. 

Edited by Foxster

Thx all, adding 6 air brakes on the ship tail helped a lot, anyway I have to redesign another ship, that one doesnt lift off neither from kerbin.
I'm trying to plant a Flag there but it's so hard.
Why the gravity of eve is so unrealistic? Venus has 0,9 Earth G, why eve has 1,7 kerbin G?

2 hours ago, antipro said:

Thx all, adding 6 air brakes on the ship tail helped a lot, anyway I have to redesign another ship, that one doesnt lift off neither from kerbin.
I'm trying to plant a Flag there but it's so hard.
Why the gravity of eve is so unrealistic? Venus has 0,9 Earth G, why eve has 1,7 kerbin G?

Because its Eve - not Venus. It's not supposed to be a model of our solar system. 

Eve is supposed to be difficult to land on, its probably the most challenging planet in the system.

I have been out to Jool and landed a crew on a moon there, but I have not even landed a probe on Eve.

Of course it did not help that the one probe I did send didn't have a probe-core :confused:

12 minutes ago, Acolyte said:

Eve is supposed to be difficult to land on, its probably the most challenging planet in the system.

I have been out to Jool and landed a crew on a moon there, but I have not even landed a probe on Eve.

Of course it did not help that the one probe I did send didn't have a probe-core :confused:

Kinda easy landing there :/ ...it's the going back up again that is the hard part:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.