Studying due to KSP

Kamik423

I am not quite sure, whether this is the right subform for this, but:

I am studying a special aerospace computer science class at University in Germany (I am German) for half a year now. I have noticed that multiple people did something similar, the latest I know of is the topic of this tweet by Scott Manley:

kMss3vw.png

So my question is: Who else has beed guided and inspired by KSP to study/work in something space/science related?

For me it really opened up a whole world of fun and interesting stuff. After starting to play the game I started reading loads of Wikipedia, watching a lot of science YouTube and finally decided to devote my study to this.

I am incredibly grateful to the creators of this game for making something so magnificent and interesting it can influence people's whole life on this level. Thank you!

Kamik423

Edited by Kamik423

KSP got me learning orbital mechanics, graphics programming, and game dev. I used to be really interested in space as a kid but didn't know how to dive deeper. After playing with KSP I got the intuition needed to dig through the equations to make simulations of orbiting bodies. Now I have the confidence to make my own game inspired by KSP!

KSP reignited my passion for space, and I'm now pursuing an Aerospace Engineering degree in the US. I also learned some programming and game dev due to my attempts at modding (this has made Calc 3 a bore as a I already know vectors from my game dev experience). 

Ksp really made my knowledge of spaceflight and the science involved increase. My understanding of orbits mechanics went from "?" to "Well doing this does this". My understanding is not perfect, but it has increased a lot. Then I read "Failure is not an option, and my knowledge of space flight increased. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.