[1.12.3] Spectra Visual Compilation 1.6.2 "Horizons" (26th July 2022)

HafCoJoe

damn.. I've had this installed for a day or two now and Spectra is probably the best visual mod I've ever seen. Stunning graphics! Kerbin looks especially beautiful.

One thing though, I like the sun flare but I think it's a bit too much. If I want to use the default scatterer one, do I just remove the "Sunflares" folder from the mod? - I've looked a bit at it now and I guess it's just the "ghosts" that I don't like, will it work even if I only remove the Ghost 1, 2, and 3 png's?

Other than that, amazing job!

35 minutes ago, Tochno said:

damn.. I've had this installed for a day or two now and Spectra is probably the best visual mod I've ever seen. Stunning graphics! Kerbin looks especially beautiful.

One thing though, I like the sun flare but I think it's a bit too much. If I want to use the default scatterer one, do I just remove the "Sunflares" folder from the mod? - I've looked a bit at it now and I guess it's just the "ghosts" that I don't like, will it work even if I only remove the Ghost 1, 2, and 3 png's?

Other than that, amazing job!

Thank you! :) That should work yes, though I haven't tried that myself. I suggest trying both, they shouldn't cause any glitches outside of the Sunflare possibly not appearing. If anything you can go into the Sunflare .cfg file and manually delete the lines for all the ghosts.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

16 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Thank you! :) That should work yes, though I haven't tried that myself. I suggest trying both, they shouldn't cause any glitches outside of the Sunflare possibly not appearing. If anything you can go into the Sunflare .cfg file and manually delete the lines for all the ghosts.

Alright. Removing the ghost pngs did cause the sunflare to disappear as you suspected would happen. I also tried removing all the lines from Sun.cfg that mentioned ghosts, which sort of worked. But there were still some larger ones left. Taking out the pngs from the folder did not work, the flare disappeared again. :P

I ended up just using the default scatterer one by removing the sunflares folder.

Thanks for all your help. I gotta say that it's amazing of you to still be so active on this page.

Haha thanks, old habits die hard. I first created a forum account around v0.22 (~2012) and I still check the forum every day :P The KSP forum, Reddit, and Imgur are the three tabs I immediately open when I login.

Hi there - great mod! Been using it for some time, but as my ships are getting complex I'm hitting some FPS issues. I notice in the "Ways to improve performance.txt" file, you suggest removing scatterer. So, I did, but now Kerbin is covered with a thick blue haze.

Spoiler

zQNnqbB.png

If I add scatterer back, things go back to normal. Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks!

Edit: Running KSP 1.8.1 on macOS 10.15, with Spectra and dependencies updated with latest versions from earlier today.

Edit: Nevermind. Hilariously, I had StockVisualEnhancements sitting in my GameData folder all this time. Moved that out of the way, and I think things are ok. I wonder what other bizarreness that caused? Good times.

Edited by salajander
derp

2 hours ago, AnFa said:

How do I add city lights?

If you install via CKAN there will be a recommendation to install 'KSPRC CityLights'. You may need to open CKAN's settings and set compatible KSP versions to 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10 for EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements to show up since it hasn't been updated yet.

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

If you install via CKAN there will be a recommendation to install 'KSPRC CityLights'. You may need to open CKAN's settings and set compatible KSP versions to 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10 for EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements to show up since it hasn't been updated yet.

I don't like using CKAN. Any other way?

5 hours ago, Some kerbonaut said:

This 1.10 version of this mod dosen't work.

It works perfectly, I'm using it right now. Repeating your posts won't achieve anything either, read the "how to get support" sticky if you want support.

5 hours ago, Some kerbonaut said:

followed the installation video

What "installation video"? I see no installation video in the OP. I do see a recommendation  to install via CKAN though...

Mint mod BTW, and it doesn't even eat all my VRAM like AVP does :P

Edited by steve_v

6 hours ago, Some kerbonaut said:

This 1.10 version of this mod dosen't work. I downloaded all the mods and even followed the installation video and nothing has changed in my game,is there a way to fix this,if anyone knows how to fix this please reply

That installation video is a bit out of date sadly. That said if you followed the video and it does not work, you must have missed something. Installing is as simple as clicking the links in the first folder and downloading/installing them, and then dropping the files from folder 2 into GameData just like you did with the first links. I recommend installing with CKAN though if you are having troubles, it even has a list of recommended mods to install at the same time which I made myself. 

6 hours ago, AnFa said:

I don't like using CKAN. Any other way?

Yes, but it isn't pretty. The CityLights addon is simply a config file that only installs one folder from Proot's KSPRC mod; the 'city lights' folder. To do it manually, download KSPRC, place it in your GameData folder like any other mod, and then delete everything it except the 'CityLights' folder at ''GameData/KSPRC/CityLights'. Example images

5 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

The CityLights addon is simply a config file that only installs one folder from Proot's KSPRC mod; the 'city lights' folder.

Does this mean that we don't need all of the dependencies of KSPRC -- e.g., "Kopernicus" and "Kopernicus Expansion"?

3 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Does this mean that we don't need all of the dependencies of KSPRC -- e.g., "Kopernicus" and "Kopernicus Expansion"?

Yes, you do not need the other dependencies of KSPRC. Kopernicus is also not updated to 1.10.x

1 hour ago, Some kerbonaut said:

also,is CKAN a mod that you just put into your gamedata folder, and if it is which files will you need to put in the gamedata folder because it showes multiple CKAN files on the download website

It's an .exe file, so a separate program and not like a normal mod you put into GameData. You can check the wiki for install and user guides.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 hours ago, Some kerbonaut said:

EVE technically isn't updated for KSP 1.10.x which means that CKAN is not installing it because it is flagged as incompatible. It still works but you have to tell CKAN you want to install outdated mods.

Go into Settings in CKAN and open 'Compatible KSP versions' and check the boxes for 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10 like so:
X7cLIEn.png

Do this and try again and it should work :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Some kerbonaut said:

still love how Spectra looks, but it just dosen't work.

Like I said (me and many others  in this thread), spectra works just fine. It looks better than sci-fi IMO too, with similar performance.
Suit yourself though. If you aren't going to explain how you installed it or post any logs, there's not much anyone can do to help you.

8 hours ago, Some kerbonaut said:

Thanks for the help,but don't worry,I tried out sci-fi visual enhancements and I really like it!I still love how Spectra looks, but it just dosen't work.

What's more confusing to me is that you were able to install sci-fi visual enhancements but you weren't able to install Spectra; they're basically the same mod but with different textures/settings :confused: I am glad you got something working though :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe