Jett Quasar's Star Wars Replicas

I finally got to play around with your Coruscant Transport and your U-wing last night, and wow! Those are truly things of beauty, absolutely marvelous work. Having a bit of trouble with the hinge on Palpatine's Shuttle though, did v.1.3 break it?

8 hours ago, SkunkTwerks said:

I finally got to play around with your Coruscant Transport and your U-wing last night, and wow! Those are truly things of beauty, absolutely marvelous work. Having a bit of trouble with the hinge on Palpatine's Shuttle though, did v.1.3 break it?

The Shuttle wings are very tricky.  There needs to be a very specific set of flight conditions in order for them to open and close.  The Hero of the Kerbal Empire video details exactly what you need to do for it to work.  I've tested it in V1.3 and it is fine.

- Jett

I signed up for Kerbal-X on February first of this year and as of today I have had just over 10,000 downloads of my stuff... WOW!
No automatic alt text available.

Of course the majority of the downloads were on my Star Wars replica craft.

- Jett

Edited by Jett_Quasar

@Jett_Quasar I made a TIE/D Defender prototype based off of your TIE fighter designs. It's rather unstable and was a pain to make, but if you don't move it around a whole lot it can fly very well and very fast - up to 2700 m/s (6000 mph) in the atmosphere. I managed to fly it out all the way to Minmus. Pictures coming soon. 

On 11/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

@Jett_Quasar I made a TIE/D Defender prototype based off of your TIE fighter designs. It's rather unstable and was a pain to make, but if you don't move it around a whole lot it can fly very well and very fast - up to 2700 m/s (6000 mph) in the atmosphere. I managed to fly it out all the way to Minmus. Pictures coming soon. 

That's great, I'm looking forward to seeing those pics.

Meanwhile, I've posted some other stuff on my Kerbal-X Star Wars Hangar

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

- Jett

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

love it!, maybe soon

https://gfycat.com/PastUglyDugong

There's no doubt the legs can be made to move, but it's such a large and heavy vehicle that I'm skeptical it wouldn't break itself apart trying to walk.  That design definitely looks promising though.

- Jett

19 minutes ago, Jett_Quasar said:

There's no doubt the legs can be made to move, but it's such a large and heavy vehicle that I'm skeptical it wouldn't break itself apart trying to walk.  That design definitely looks promising though.

- Jett

I was going to have to build some vehicle for it to be fitted to regardless, and I thought to myself ages ago that it would be fun to see if I could get yours to move. But yeah, weight will be a definite issue, also balance, though enough reaction wheels will balance anything

17 hours ago, Jett_Quasar said:

Special thanks to MajorJim! for the AT-ST craft.

Cheers mate, even though it onnly appears for a moment. That thing has a killer part count.. Awesome video man, it felt so star wars-y and I loved the humor of it too. Great work mate.

Thanks to everyone for the support and feedback, keep it coming.  Today I uploaded the AT-AT craft file to Kerbal-X AND uploaded another Star Wars video (although it has been posted before I had to "fix" it so my friends in Europe and Asia could view it)

No automatic alt text available.

You can download all craft files from my Star Wars hangar on Kerbal-X

In my testing it requires a lot of SAS to keep it from falling over, but my mechanism is one taken from a real walking example and moves the foot in the required cycle, then it needs to bedriven from one wheel with the driver attachment points in the right place. It will work, for a while, long enough probably for some epic video

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.