Davian Lin

[1.7.3] Graphics Enhancements Assembly (GEA)

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Davian Lin

This appears to be a modpack.  I generally don't like my mods to be included in a modpack, since it can get outdated very quickly.  Specifically, LoadingScreenManager, which you included here, already has been updated since you included it in this pack.

You also didn't even request permission to include it.

And if you wonder why I waited until now to mention this, I only became aware of the modpack and it's contents this morning.

Please remove it, and make it either a dependency or a recommended mod in CKAN.

I would also strongly recommend that you do the same with all the other mods, and just include in this mod either a CKAN file to make it easy for users to install, add them all as dependencies in CKAN, or at least ask permission of the other mod authors.

Modpacks aren't a very good idea, it is better to include in your mod only the new files and include the others as dependencies.

 

I second this. As a Kerbal Star Systems dev, I am aware of @Davian Lin's less than savory past with the team and the 'permission issues' that stemmed from it. :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Davian Lin

This appears to be a modpack.  I generally don't like my mods to be included in a modpack, since it can get outdated very quickly.  Specifically, LoadingScreenManager, which you included here, already has been updated since you included it in this pack.

You also didn't even request permission to include it.

And if you wonder why I waited until now to mention this, I only became aware of the modpack and it's contents this morning.

Please remove it, and make it either a dependency or a recommended mod in CKAN.

I would also strongly recommend that you do the same with all the other mods, and just include in this mod either a CKAN file to make it easy for users to install, add them all as dependencies in CKAN, or at least ask permission of the other mod authors.

Modpacks aren't a very good idea, it is better to include in your mod only the new files and include the others as dependencies.

 

I will remove your mod. I'm sorry. :(

Others' permissions looking at this moment.

Most of all moders whom gave to me a permission are have same licence such as LSM. But OK, I'll remove it.

Edited by Davian Lin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Davian Lin said:

I will remove your mod. I'm sorry. :(

Others' permissions looking at this moment.

Most of all moders whom given to me a permission are have same licence such as LSM. But OK, I'll remove it.

You weren't breaking any licenses (from what I could tell), but proper etiquette, especially after all the recent discussions about modpacks, says that you should ask permission, if possible.  And in this case, it was certainly possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I did manage to get SOME mod to work by using CKAN (stock enhancement whatever). I didn't find GEA on CKAN.

while it's your problem I did find it very convenient to download everything in one package although I do believe I had LoadingScreenManager already which might have caused conflict with itself.
It might be worth checking it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shachar2like said:

well I did manage to get SOME mod to work by using CKAN (stock enhancement whatever). I didn't find GEA on CKAN.

while it's your problem I did find it very convenient to download everything in one package although I do believe I had LoadingScreenManager already which might have caused conflict with itself.
It might be worth checking it out

I don't bother with CKAN, it is more of a hassle than it is worth. But listing stuff as dependencies is great for people like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spacedock download seems to be broken when i try to download it fails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.04.2018 at 8:11 PM, Hunony said:

spacedock download seems to be broken when i try to download it fails

It was a server's error. SpaceDock working right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Davian Lin said:

It was a server's error. SpaceDock working right now.

ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graphics Enhancements Assembly V7: New Age is HERE!!!
This huge final release includes (since V6.2):

  • Real plume to engines from DLC
  • The new logo in the MainMenu
  • New flags for more enjoyable game
  • Surface glows (again!)
  • Edited clouds at Kerbin, Duna, Laythe and Jool
  • The new comps of the terrain surface
  • Jool rings
  • Improved sunflare
  • Edited scatterer atmospheres at atmospheric planets
     
  • Visor's reflections still not working with KSP 1.4.x
  • You can see textures of the surface glow at n km
  • Don't use Dx11/12/OpenGl with this pack, please
  • Removed LoadingScreenManager

DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK

Enjoy!:D
CpZvAq7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Davian Lin said:

Don't use Dx11/12/OpenGl with this pack, please

Does that mean we have to run it in directx 9 with the" -force- d3d9" command?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, commanderbunbun said:

Does that mean we have to run it in directx 9 with the" -force- d3d9" command?

You will get a broken icons in the VAB/Hangar. (With Dx11/12/OpenGL)
UPD: I can't read, haha
Nothing, KSP in default uses Dx9

Edited by Davian Lin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, commanderbunbun said:

Does that mean we have to run it in directx 9 with the" -force- d3d9" command?

You don’t have to force dx9. It’s the default for ksp already

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Davian Lin revisiting this mod has made the stock system look really beautiful and worth playing again. It also runs very smoothly, no glitching, and doesn't use a lot of RAM. Btw, if you included in a skybox, I think that would be the cherry on top. Good work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 1:19 AM, The-Doctor said:

@Davian Lin revisiting this mod has made the stock system look really beautiful and worth playing again. It also runs very smoothly, no glitching, and doesn't use a lot of RAM. Btw, if you included in a skybox, I think that would be the cherry on top. Good work

Yay, thx!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i very like this mod. but one thing i'm having problem is the scatterer... i hope there will be some fix for this...

the problem is the same as others. :) not loading or giving glitchy texture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, anzei19 said:

i very like this mod. but one thing i'm having problem is the scatterer... i hope there will be some fix for this...

the problem is the same as others. :) not loading or giving glitchy texture

Thx, I'll try to fix it as soon as. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GEA V7M1
-Update for KSP 1.4.5-

  • Added a new sunflare
  • Added duststorms to Laythe (visible from orbit)
  • Added the new EVAvisor
  • Fixed atmosphere glow
  • Changed high terrain textures on Kerbin
  • Changed low terrain textures on the Mun

    DOWNLOAD
    cNPbicx.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 4:57 PM, Davian Lin said:

GEA V7M1
-Update for KSP 1.4.5-

would you mind to clarify your OP comment on:

[NOT RECOMENDABLE WITH KSP 1.4.x]

?

Edited by Speadge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 4:14 PM, Speadge said:

would you mind to clarify your OP comment on:

[NOT RECOMENDABLE WITH KSP 1.4.x]

?

*****  OpenGL or Dx11 are HIGHLY RECOMENDABLE to avoid memory problems! ******
[NOT RECOMENDABLE WITH KSP 1.4.x]

Dx11 and OpenGL are not recomendable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ventzi said:

*****  OpenGL or Dx11 are HIGHLY RECOMENDABLE to avoid memory problems! ******
[NOT RECOMENDABLE WITH KSP 1.4.x]

Dx11 and OpenGL are not recomendable

Dx11 and OpenGL are recommended, but this pack has abnormal texture dimensions that dx11 and OpenGL don’t agree with. The fix must come from the dev of this mod as the problem is here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, Davian Lin said:

GEA V7M1
-Update for KSP 1.4.5-

  • Added a new sunflare
  • Added duststorms to Laythe (visible from orbit)
  • Added the new EVAvisor
  • Fixed atmosphere glow
  • Changed high terrain textures on Kerbin
  • Changed low terrain textures on the Mun

    DOWNLOAD
    cNPbicx.png

Can you clarify which of the mods in the package are required dependencies and which are not? For example, I don't really like scatterer, and if possible I remove it from my builds. In addition, it is clearly sags FPS, and also causes some bugs in the program. It would be nice if there was a direct reference to mandatory dependencies without which GEA work is impossible, and secondary dependencies that each user will set based on their preferences.

The mod is beautiful and I would like to play with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.