rsparkyc

[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.54 June 15

My RP-1 on 1.6.1 install seems to be working. I used the golden spreadsheet and did a few local builds.

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, JohnMcLane said:

But there seems to be a problem with the RP-1 contracts not showing up.

I installed Rp-1 in 1.6.1, no problems so far. RP-1 Contracts show in new game settings, but if i add Raidernicks US Probes pack, the contracts disappear. With probe pack dependencies and without US Probe pack contracts are there... will test if thats the same in 1.3.1

Edit: with RP-1 V1.0 the problem wasnt there i could play with the US probes pack and had Contracts available. With V1.1.1 the problem appeared.

Can someone confirm that or do i have the problem alone? LOG: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1seFb7BhtHsZJJ6m7fAMRSJM2JkDKXM-L

SOLVED: deleted the RN_US_Probes->Rn_Scansat.cfg and it works again.

Edited by JohnMcLane
Attached KSP Log

I have a question concerning the WIP 1.6.1 installation guide:

What do the symbols next to the lists in the guide stand for? I see stars, thumbs up, i symbols and warning symbols. What do those represent?

Second question concerns the backports: Are those supposed to get some download links for the modified versions of those mods? Are the links given in the golden spreadsheet applicaple for usage here?

If I can figure out the correct installation, I look forward to a new RP-1 game to play. Thanks a lot guys for such a great tool to play and nerd.

8 hours ago, BerthNerd said:

What do the symbols next to the lists in the guide stand for? I see stars, thumbs up, i symbols and warning symbols. What do those represent?

You can hover over them on ckan an get the info: stars are dependencies, thumps up are recommendations and i symbols are suggestions.

8 hours ago, BerthNerd said:

Second question concerns the backports: Are those supposed to get some download links for the modified versions of those mods? Are the links given in the golden spreadsheet applicaple for usage here?

Backports are mostly for 1.3.1 because some mods are only getting further developed on the newer versions of the game, like 1.6 and 1.7. And the team wanted some of there functionality so they backported them to work with 1.3.1.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

I installed Rp-1 in 1.6.1, no problems so far. RP-1 Contracts show in new game settings, but if i add Raidernicks US Probes pack, the contracts disappear. With probe pack dependencies and without US Probe pack contracts are there... will test if thats the same in 1.3.1

Edit: with RP-1 V1.0 the problem wasnt there i could play with the US probes pack and had Contracts available. With V1.1.1 the problem appeared.

Can someone confirm that or do i have the problem alone? LOG: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1seFb7BhtHsZJJ6m7fAMRSJM2JkDKXM-L

SOLVED: deleted the RN_US_Probes->Rn_Scansat.cfg and it works again.

I'm not seeing this in a clean install of KSP 1.3.1 and installing RP-1 v1.1.1 with all the RO/RP-1 recommends and raidernick's US part packs (FASA, Probes, Rockets, US and Soviet Solar Panels, and Skylab). Is this something that pops up later in the contracts for RP-1 or does it exist right from the start of a new career?

Also looking back at your previous post reporting this problem, are you using CC 1.27.2 on KSP 1.6.1? Because if so, that is your problem more than likely. CC 1.27.2 is a backport of CC 1.27.1 (that's why the version file still says 1.27.1) for KSP 1.3.1, using it on KSP 1.6.1 will probably break things. Try using CC 1.27.1, not the backport, and see if it works with the ScanSAT config. You shouldn't need backports on 1.6.1 (although the 1.6.1 install guide is a WIP so that may change), from the looks of this: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/Installation-for-1.6.1-(Very-WIP) you should be able to install everything on CKAN except RSSVE and KerbalRenamer.

Edited by draqsko
hyperlink didn't like ending parenthesis

1 hour ago, draqsko said:

I'm not seeing this in a clean install of KSP 1.3.1 and installing RP-1 v1.1.1 with all the RO/RP-1 recommends and raidernick's US part packs (FASA, Probes, Rockets, US and Soviet Solar Panels, and Skylab). Is this something that pops up later in the contracts for RP-1 or does it exist right from the start of a new career?

Also looking back at your previous post reporting this problem, are you using CC 1.27.2 on KSP 1.6.1? Because if so, that is your problem more than likely. CC 1.27.2 is a backport of CC 1.27.1 (that's why the version file still says 1.27.1) for KSP 1.3.1, using it on KSP 1.6.1 will probably break things. Try using CC 1.27.1, not the backport, and see if it works with the ScanSAT config. You shouldn't need backports on 1.6.1 (although the 1.6.1 install guide is a WIP so that may change), from the looks of this: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/Installation-for-1.6.1-(Very-WIP) you should be able to install everything on CKAN except RSSVE and KerbalRenamer.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked, i used CC 1.27.2 for 1.3.1 and 1.27.1 for 1.6.1. I am not sure why this is... if its not a common problem i am glad. I dont use Scansat, so i dont care if i dont have the scansat option on the us probes.

If there is something more that i can figure out i let you know...

2 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

Thanks for the reply.

I checked, i used CC 1.27.2 for 1.3.1 and 1.27.1 for 1.6.1. I am not sure why this is... if its not a common problem i am glad. I dont use Scansat, so i dont care if i dont have the scansat option on the us probes.

If there is something more that i can figure out i let you know...

Do you have ScanSAT installed, only seeing FilterExtensions for it but no DLL? I see you have MKS installed. That config only cares about 3 things, ScanSAT, RSS, and KolonyTools (which is MKS related). I don't have MKS installed yet so maybe that is the issue. Or maybe the fact that ScanSAT isn't loaded and mine does have it loaded. Perhaps the changes for the resource scanner in MKS would break something in ScanSAT's RP-1 contracts which might crash the whole thing even if you aren't using ScanSAT.

Oh another thought occurred to me, check your Community Resource Pack, and Real Fuels. The KolonyTools call backs are changing stuff that is typically defined in CRP, and Real Fuels comes packaged with the CRP version to be used with it (and your KSP version) I believe.

Posted (edited)

I accidentally posted this on the RO thread but it should probably be here

Has anyone thought that when you are tooling you should be able to buy a range.  IE I want to buy tooling from 2m to 2.5m dia and lengths 4m to 20m is more expensive but cheaper then individually tooling a 2x4, 2x15, 2x20, 2.5x4, 2.5x20.  This way if you want slack you can tool 1.9 to 2.1 dia which would be priced equivalently to what we have currently.  I dont enjoy doing the math to oversize a tank so I can under size it for now and stretch it later.  I am also a little pifed that if I have tooling for a 2x20 tank I should be able to make any tank under 20m on the same tooling but if I want larger then it would require new tooling.  If it is a matter of tooling being occupied then you shouldn't be allowed to have multiple of the same tank an a rocket without purchasing tooling for each tank.  I have also though if you buy a tank 4 in 4mx30m you should get a 4mx30m 3, 2, and 1 for free or min tooling cost.  I kind of feel that when upgrading tooling from say tank 3 to tank 4 you have to pay full price.  I could see tank 4 being at the same level as balloon.  I could see the argument for making a Tank 1 on balloon tooling but I also see balloon tooling being too specialized for making tank 1.

Also I think someone needs to take a look at the R7 verners.  First they need a test flight config.  Second their TWR and ISP are ridiculous.  Put one on a balloon tank as a kick stage and you can send a decent probe on a direct mercury/Jupiter flyby for under 60t launch mass.  Their mass may be fine but as a non stoic turbo pump exhaust I would expect a vacuum ISP of 200-250, not 319.  I cant seem to find any info on them.

Edited by Nich

Hi all,

I got a strange issue with my latest RP-1 installation. I cannot exit capsules while in space. I get the message "Module has no hatch". I can exit a landed capsule just fine, so I wonder if there is any technology or training I need to do? Astronaut Complex is upgraded to its maximum.

Thanks in advance

Which capsules are you using? Early capsules were not equipped with airlocks or designed with the ability to vent and repressurize, and RP now reflects that by disallowing exiting them off the surface.

2 hours ago, Blothorn said:

Which capsules are you using? Early capsules were not equipped with airlocks or designed with the ability to vent and repressurize, and RP now reflects that by disallowing exiting them off the surface.

That might be it, I tried with the very first Mercury / MK1 pod and did not succeed. However, using a Gemini capsule I could do a EVA. I like that RP-1 adds even more realism, however, I wished the messages would be a bit more meaningful.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

I seem to be missing the early controllable core.  First controllable core I have is the ranger block 1.  Which mod does that come from?

edit. found it but it is labeled Non RP-0?  Also my probe cores seem to be messed up.  When I do to the config page it is just blank.

Edited by Nich