Alt+f12 does not open Debug Menu

Just started 1.3 up from my Steam install (Windows 10).  The Alt-F12 debug menu won't open and I can't get into physics warp (Alt-, or Alt-.) however Alt-F4 still closes the program.

Any ideas what might be causing this? My 1.2.2 version is working just fine.

Thanks!

The debug and physics warp rely on the game's modifier key, whereas Alt-F4 is an operating system specific thing and will always work.

It's possible that your modifier key has changed somehow - check the MODIFIER_KEY section in your settings.cfg file. I don't have a Windows system handy to check, but on my Mac the modifier key looks like this

MODIFIER_KEY
{
        primary = LeftAlt
        secondary = RightAlt
        group = 0
        modeMask = -1
        modeMaskSec = -1
}

Do you have any applications that capture certain key strokes, for instance, NVidia Share from GeForce Experience, to capture or record game play?

GeForce Experience maps several Alt-Fx keys to its own functionality, and I think F12 was one of them; I don't remember since I re-mapped them all. I do remember that I couldn't get to Scatterer or Module manager until I remapped NVidia Share's keys from the alt-function keys to the alt-number keys.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.