dundun93

The BDA Dogfighter thread(currently in 1.2.2)

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Catergory: Stock+BDA Dogfights

@dundun93 Here it is! I'm aiming for this catergory to be a simple competition to dogfight fighters 3v3 with no ground bases or bombers.

Mods:

BD Armoury

Thats it.

Rules:

1. All planes must have a weapon manager and AI pilot.

2. To keep things vaguely realistic, planes have a limit of up to 4 1.25m engines of any type.

3. Plane have a limit of up to 6 missiles, however they can have no more than 4 of one type.

4. I don't want to limit creativity here, but for my computers sake planes have a limit of up to 300 parts each.

5. Each competitor can have only one plane design entered at a time.

Leaderboard:

To start this off I'm going to throw my MiG-17 Replica into the ring.

AwWqv4N.jpg

Will anyone dare to challenge this terror of the skies?

1.

2.

3.

Oh, by the way, could I enter this into the modern catergory?

PIW0RHz.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cijp3p14oye7ajr/McDonnell Douglas F_A-18C Hornet BD.craft?dl=0

It should work fine in stock aero, and the AI will be able to operate the stock hinges. Procedure for takeoff is normal, except you stage once before turning the engines on.

yep!

5 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Do you know how to make an F-4 cockpit in stock without ballooning the part count?

just enter it in mine then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The ASW X-18M VS the PLFP-II

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need help. I can't do all these entry's on my own. Can anybody help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can do any entries that don't have part mods besides BDA, but not really anything else. I guess if you really needed it I might be able to create another game folder with part mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I can do any entries that don't have part mods besides BDA

Same, although I usually stick with a single airframe and tweak it until it becomes obsolete.

2 hours ago, dundun93 said:

The PLFP-II and the fighter 3 are tied.

I've been test flying the PLFP against F3, and it beats it pretty much every time. Here's a 2V2 match up, don't mind the quasi lethal mid-air collision. The match was done in 1.3, but no major changes to BDA were made between that and the previous version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udpr39r6d72jmsu/KSP_x64 2017-08-07 19-38-32-595.avi?dl=0

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Fighter 3 update: https://kerbalx.com/53miner53/Fighter-3

I could help with the FAR category.

There is no FAR category. I don't have or like FAR.

I can't do anymore today. I'll do more Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dundun93 said:

There is no FAR category. I don't have or like FAR.

What about modern fighter jet, from @dundun92's challenge, which uses FAR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

What about modern fighter jet, from @dundun92's challenge, which uses FAR?

I'm not helping him with that thread. He isn't doing much in it anyway. my modern category doesn't have FAR and I don't like FAR anyway.

Edited by dundun93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

I'm not helping him with that thread. He isn't doing much in it anyway. my modern category doesn't have FAR and I don't like FAR anyway.

Then I need you to lock pitch control on all except the rear elevon 5 on Fighter 3. Or replace it with Fighter 2 in that category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

I'm not helping him with that thread

Likewise, if you want to beef the PLFP, set steer to 15.

 

Here's an updated PLFP-II 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vratu0t20f82zk/PLFP-II2 unarmed for 1.2.craft?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou3u6sjrxxf8pfc/PLFP-II2 for 1.2.craft?dl=0

Edited by NotAnAimbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You guys have to do the mods if you want to stay in the competition. I never said I would do it with FAR. I'm not playing KSP right now.

Edited by dundun93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dundun93 said:

You guys have to do the mods if you want to stay in the competition. I never said I would do it with FAR.

I'm not playing with FAR either, I only use BDA and stock for my craft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NotAnAimbot said:

I'm not playing with FAR either, I only use BDA and stock for my craft.

Then why are you asking me to change the elvon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dundun93 said:

Then why are you asking me to change the elvon?

 

9 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Then I need you to lock pitch control on all except the rear elevon 5 on Fighter 3. Or replace it with Fighter 2 in that category

I'm not Miner, and even then, you can disable pitch control for specific control surfaces. I've also provided updated versions with the AI pilot's steer factor changed, not the control surface's.

8 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

You guys have to do the mods if you want to stay in the competition. I never said I would do it with FAR. I'm not playing KSP right now.

I figured that since you said you were taking over the challenge, and using a mod to change BDA to be more realistic, the biggest mod for craft design and realism would still be in use so everyone can enter the fighter they made for the other challenge. I think that stock aero is close enough that Fighter 3 should still work with the elevon changes, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

I figured that since you said you were taking over the challenge, and using a mod to change BDA to be more realistic, the biggest mod for craft design and realism would still be in use so everyone can enter the fighter they made for the other challenge. I think that stock aero is close enough that Fighter 3 should still work with the elevon changes, though.

I'm not taking over @dundun92s thread. I wanted to make a new one. And if you want, maby you could host a Stock+BDA+FAR section?

20 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Likewise, if you want to beef the PLFP, set steer to 15

What do you mean by that?

20 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:
Edited by dundun93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dundun93 said:

I need help. I can't do all these entry's on my own. Can anybody help?

I have a nice beefy computer. I don't mind helping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, qzgy said:

I have a nice beefy computer. I don't mind helping

Thanks! 

What you could do now is do the updated fighter 3 VS the updated PLFP.

I just got scatter(on the lowest setting of course!) so mine will be I bit slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

Thanks! 

What you could do now is do the updated fighter 3 VS the updated PLFP.

I just got scatter(on the lowest setting of course!) so mine will be I bit slow.

Oh, btw, I don't have RBDA. Are we using that, or or is it fine if I just use normal BDA?

 

Also, don't have ven's stock part revamp. Not planning on installing it anytime soon.

Edited by qzgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sure! You can still do without them. I will do it For those who have ven.

Edited by dundun93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

2v2 best of 3 of the PFLP and the fighter 3 at 8km in normal BDA and stock aero. Winner: PFLP

Ok, the fighter 3 did crash into a building once. @dundun93, you make what you want of this. I just ran the matches.

Also gonna pit a craft of my design soon...

Edited by qzgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now