Stock building textures?

I'm planning on making some stockalike buildings for Kerbal Konstructs and I'd really like to use the stock building textures.

I know that there's a script that can rip the stock part models and textures. I was wondering if there was anything to do the same for the building textures?

Ive found some really low res copies on Artyom Zuev's gamasutra blog, but they're not ideal.

[snip]

The second best alternative would be to make your own textures that are 'stock-alike'.  There are many guides on the forum of how to do stock-looking textures, and quite a few forum members have it down to a science (art form?).

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

[snip] I would not have any problem making stock alike textures for this. I would still like to have a look at artyom/ahcookies/bac9's textures up close becasue they're a masterclass.
I get what you mean, similar to how lack used the stock parts for textures in SXT.
I feel like they would be a nice starting point to inform the look of the textures i would produce.

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

Hi folks,

Sorry, had to hide some content here.  Please review the add-on posting rules, specifically rule 8:

On 1/11/2017 at 10:20 AM, Frybert said:

8. Legal boundaries

You may not decompile, modify or distribute any of the .dll files or other files KSP comes with beyond content of the GameData folder. Follow the EULA. For assemblies, you may only use exposed public or protected members of classes, and you may not examine the code within any member.

No discussion is allowed in this forum that involves cracking open KSP assets forbidden by the above.  I understand that everyone meant well, just please be aware of what's out-of-bounds.

Thank you for your understanding.

To the original question from the OP:

10 hours ago, Omega482 said:

I'm planning on making some stockalike buildings for Kerbal Konstructs and I'd really like to use the stock building textures.

Sorry, it can't be done.  The only way to get at those textures would be to decompile, which per the above you're not allowed to do.  As @Shadowmage suggests, your best bet is to make your own stockalike textures.

Good luck with your project!  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.