Wich real life rockets do you think look kerbal

Talking about UR-700, we must recall its main payload - LK-700 moonship.
(Do you remember your moonships in KSP 0.18 ?)

Spoiler

lk70068.jpg85671-i_100.png280ff5c67f1bbd3b48777ee7b4d95b5c.jpglk700-1.jpgefcc2cdb412ae4194bd3325083b9ef5a.jpg

Also, UR-700 (after 1st stage separation) from another angle.
(from http://fai.org.ru/forum/topic/37753-ur-700/)

Spoiler

post-277-0-75576400-1428943325.jpg

P.S.
LK-700-like landing legs are available in KSP as

Spoiler

Edited by kerbiloid

1 hour ago, .50calBMg said:

The Delta III is a bit unusual.

000614delta3.jpg

Very 1.x Kerbal of my designs. 
Oversize fairing because of lower dV requirements in KSP and use of payload to finish orbiting (this is standard for RL satellites to but not finishing circulation)  
Oversize SRB who goes all the way to the start of fairing. 
However as they can adjust trust curve on Delta 3 SRB they don't need to drop them in pairs of 2. 

2 hours ago, .50calBMg said:

The Delta III is a bit unusual.

19 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Very 1.x Kerbal of my designs. 
Oversize fairing because of lower dV requirements in KSP and use of payload to finish orbiting (this is standard for RL satellites to but not finishing circulation)  
Oversize SRB who goes all the way to the start of fairing. 
However as they can adjust trust curve on Delta 3 SRB they don't need to drop them in pairs of 2. 

The actual reason for the Delta III's weirdness iirc is that they wanted to take a Delta II core and put a hydrolox stage on top, but because of Hydrogen's low density  it was incredibly impractical to make it the same diameter due to mass ratios, so they made it huge. It looked weird, so they took one of the first stage tanks and also hugefied it. It still looked weird, so they stuck a bunch of SRB's on it. It still looked weird.

Another reason for the weirdness is so that it could be the same height as the Delta II so they could easily use the same launch facilities.

Yeah, I know that's why it came about having the different diameter tanks, that makes sense. What doesnt make sense, however, was the Delta IV small, which had the Delta IV core and Delta II upper stage.

delta4_a.jpg

Would also like to point out that the LOX tank is placed below the LH tank in that pic...

Edited by .50calBMg

There's also all the Orbital rockets.  Considering that Orbital's business has been to refurbish surplus ICBMs into orbital launch vehicles, there is plenty of kerbal "put rockets together like LEGOs" designs.  I suppose the Antares rocket might be less Kerbal in that it places a solid stage above a liquid first stage (the liquid first stage isn't surplus ICBM, but was originally surplus N1).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.