Chinese Space Program (CNSA) & Ch. commercial launch and discussion

tater

Several engines finished their test run:

Institue 101, part of CASC's Sixth Academy, has completed three kinds of engines test run: https://weibo.com/?layerid=4856743631263597

YF-77's acceptance and calibration test for CZ-5's core stage in High Thrust Test Site (0:03~0:20), the engine for Next-gen Manned Rocket's third stage "ground environment torch ignition test" in Upper Stage Test Site (0:22~0:41), and an attitude control engine completed high-altitude simulation experiments.

Edited by steve9728

CNSA and the People's Bank of China made two kinds of Commemorative Coins about CSS:

50 Yuan made by 3g of gold

image.pngimage.png

10 Yuan made by 30g of silver

image.pngimage.png

via. http://www.cgccl.cn/common/pattern-detail?patternId=10001/http://www.cgccl.cn/common/pattern-detail?patternId=8003

I'm kinda like this silver one:lol:

Edited by steve9728

2 hours ago, steve9728 said:

CNSA and the People's Bank of China made two kinds of Commemorative Coins about CSS:

50 Yuan made by 3g of gold

image.pngimage.png

10 Yuan made by 30g of silver

image.pngimage.png

via. http://www.cgccl.cn/common/pattern-detail?patternId=10001/http://www.cgccl.cn/common/pattern-detail?patternId=8003

I'm kinda like this silver one:lol:

Nice coins!

Unfortunately I am too poor to buy it. 

And a too early happy lunar new year! 

Building launch pads in Djibouti? There are times when I am anxious about the 'conservative' of some organizations, but there are also times when I'm surprised by their 'boldness'.

When I look at the map of Africa, I see that Djibouti is the best solution if you really have to build a rocket launch site. But the problem is, if reusable rocket is still not available, the remains of the rocket will inevitably fall into neighbouring countries such as Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya. But if it is built in a neighbouring country with better geography, it is not as geo-safe as Djibouti. To be honest, Somalia would be a wonderful place to launch rockets, but unfortunately, you know...

Edited by steve9728

10 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Has anyone got news on Tianwen 1? Both the orbiter and probe weren't communicating anymore as of a few days ago.

Tianwen-1 is back online if I understand these correctly:

In fact, this is a common fault about the communication link is abnormally interrupted. As mentioned in the paper "Emergency disposal method of TT&C system acquisition under deep space long-time delay condition (《深空长时延条件下测控系统捕获应急处置方法》)" published on 25 Feb. last year, there were at least 17 times of emergency responses to abnormal communication link interruptions in deep space stations during the Tianwen-1 mission.

However, the one on the surface of Mars still not "up" yet. According to Jia Yang, the deputy chief designer of the Tianwen system, during a previous education speech to youth, the rover will wake up autonomously when both of the following conditions are met:

1. Solar panels generate energy>140W
  2. Temperature of energy equipment like the batteries >-15℃

What he said was they expect the rover will wake up on its own in December last year. But probably the weather on Mars isn't that good now. Still can't receive any message from Zhurong the rover.

The latest paper from Tianwen is "Detecting the Oscillation and Propagation of the Nascent Dynamic Solar Wind Structure at 2.6 Solar Radii Using Very Long Baseline Interferometry Radio Telescope". 

Edited by steve9728

Cool down after the launch in XSLC: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1FM41187U6/?spm_id_from=333.880.my_history.page.click&vd_source=6fef304b8d0c4737896e6b702ddfbfb3

Last time in Hainan launching the Tianwen-1. Everything goes well but the coconut grove next to the launch site was on fire:confused:

Edited by steve9728

CCTV: Because the Queqiao-1 relay satellite for Chang'e-4 mission is nearing the end of its life. CNSA is planning to launch a new relay satellite to moon in beginning of 2024 before the Chang'e-6 mission started. It can also provide signal relay for Chang'e-6,7, and 8.

The objectives of the Chang'e-6 mission are to break through lunar retrograde orbit design and control technology, lunar back smart sampling technology and lunar back take-off and ascent technology. Effective international cooperation will be carried out while realising the automatic sampling and return of the lunar back.

(The link is video of this news report from the CCTV's official weibo, It's fully Chinese of course)

6 hours ago, steve9728 said:

However, the one on the surface of Mars still not "up" yet. According to Jia Yang, the deputy chief designer of the Tianwen system, during a previous education speech to youth, the rover will wake up autonomously when both of the following conditions are met:

1. Solar panels generate energy>140W
  2. Temperature of energy equipment like the batteries >-15℃

What he said was they expect the rover will wake up on its own in December last year. But probably the weather on Mars isn't that good now. Still can't receive any message from Zhurong the rover.

The weather data from the Perseverance shows that the temperatures in recent days have hovered around max. -13~-20°C and min.-84~-87°C. Zhurong currently is at northeast of Perseverance about 1760km. It probably is a little colder than where the Perseverance at. The temperature difference at this distance would be about 10 to 15°C if we look at the situation on Earth.

Edited by steve9728

High-power Hall electric propulsion systems from 510 Institue of the CASC's Fifth Academy, was completed the first joint ignited test of 100 kW level Hall thruster with high power PPU prototype. "Measured thrust of 2.1N and specific impulse of 2980s were achieved at a stable power output of 50kW from single PPU prototype."

"In these tests, the performance test of high-power Hall electric propulsion system was also carried out using xenon and krypton for working substance respectively. The test results met the expected objectives. In the future, 510 will focus on the integration and lightweight design of high-power Hall electric propulsion system, heat load control and management, life evaluation and other technical directions to continue to carry out joint research and strive to achieve system-level product engineering applications as soon as possible."

Ignited by xenon:

image.png

And by krypton:

image.png

Edited by steve9728

The general manager of R&D department in Landspace, Deputy Chief Engineer of Juque-2 rocket, Dai Zheng (戴政) said in CCTV's news: we confirm that the fault occurs after the second stage engine cut off and the attitude was lost at that moment. The very first source of the failure is being further identified and we will improving the next rocket based on that, which is the Y2 rocket.

Edited by steve9728

Someone share that he took some photos from the National Museum of China in Beijing about the model of next-gen manned rocket, which was named as CZ-5DY before. It has a new name now: CZ-10!

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

In fact, the name of CZ-10 was once in the development programme but was eventually cancelled for various reasons, just like the Shuguang Project I shared before. It was planning to achieve 50~150t LEO capacity for heavy payloads or manned lunar landing project and made its first flight in 1975. Dreams are existed to be realised. Although it's likely that the design of the rocket in 1975 must have looked something different from today, but its original intent is now being realised.

Edited by steve9728

The second Chinese New Year for CSS: the Shenzhou-15 crew made a celebrate video

Spoiler

image.png

(Of course, if you define CSS 'strictly', this is the first Chinese New Year for the complete station. This is how some Chinese domestic media headlines are labeled, which I don't think is necessary anyway)

Zhang Lu: Now, the lights of the motherland are visible from the portholes. It's a joy, peace, and a steady happiness. Entering into long-term operation, the CSS manned by our three lads this year. We wore new clothes, ate dumplings and sent blessings: none of the tradition for celebrate the new year were missing!

Deng Qingming: I'm sure that there are many people who are as committed to their respective positions as we are at this moment. The new journey of the new era, with you and me and others, has a dreams and struggles, the efforts and sweat of every one of us. It will certainly be a vigorous force for building a modern and powerful country!

Fei Junlong: On the occasion of the Chinese New Year 2023, from our station  which 400 km from Earth, we wish our country peace and prosperity and happy new year to all the people of China!

*Together*: Happy New Year!

Two of the couplets are partially obscured and can't be seen. There'll probably updated full picture tomorrow or in the next few days. From top to bottom, left to right are:

(I don't think only translate it into 'fortune' or 'wealth' is accurate), the golden age for China, 福

The blessing from the heavenly palace, 

Fei Junlong's name, 福, China Space Station

Zhang Lu's name, 福, Year of 'Kui Mao' (癸卯年, A traditional form of Chinese chronology. That part honestly, I really need to be learned more thing on that. My stereotypical influence is that this thing can tell fortunes by some people), and the five characters at bottom are also the China Space Station.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:05 AM, steve9728 said:

Someone share that he took some photos from the National Museum of China in Beijing about the model of next-gen manned rocket, which was named as CZ-5DY before. It has a new name now: CZ-10!

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

image.png

image.png

In fact, the name of CZ-10 was once in the development programme but was eventually cancelled for various reasons, just like the Shuguang Project I shared before. It was planning to achieve 50~150t LEO capacity for heavy payloads or manned lunar landing project and made its first flight in 1975. Dreams are existed to be realised. Although it's likely that the design of the rocket in 1975 must have looked something different from today, but its original intent is now being realised.

I was thinking this might be the designation :D

7 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

I was thinking this might be the designation :D

Objectively speaking, I woudn't rule out this possibility. I found a book on the online used book trading site written by the retire cadre work department of CASC, on the history of Chinese space programme in the last century. This book is also the source of the story of CZ-10 in the last century. Hope there are more details if not illustrations as well.

On 1/2/2023 at 5:12 AM, steve9728 said:

"high enthusiasm always cools off in the face of reality."

Sigh*

Some latest progress from Wenchang commercial launching site construction:

Edited by steve9728

On 1/27/2023 at 5:06 PM, steve9728 said:

The official statement about this from Tianyi: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/TslGgI5UI_hGIYnVn3emgA

Translate:

We deeply regret the decision of the US Treasury Department to place Changsha Tian Yi Space Science and Technology Research Institute Ltd. (Hereinafter referred to as 'we') on the sanctions list.

As one of the pioneers of small commercial SAR remote sensing satellites in the world, we have always been committed to the mission of "making space accessible", developing the most cost-effective small SAR satellites, building SAR constellations, and providing one-stop total SAR data solutions. We have also provided nearly 20 pro bono disaster relief services under the framework of the Group on Earth Observations (GEO) for users worldwide, including the earthquake in Croatia, the volcanic eruption in Tonga, the floods in Bangladesh, the earthquake in Indonesia, the landslide in Brazil and the typhoon in Fiji.

We have checked our history of contracts and financial transactions and we and our subsidiaries have no business dealings with Terra Tech and the Wagner Group in Russia. We have signed undertakings and end-user agreements with our commercial customers to ensure that our products and services are used for civil and commercial purposes and not for any military purposes. We have also checked the list of end users provided by our customers in writing and have not found Terra Tech or the Wagner Group. We hereby declare that we have always complied with the laws and regulations of the relevant countries and regions during our business development.

We are actively communicating with all parties and making every effort to ensure that we are treated openly, fairly, and equitably and that we can safeguard our legitimate rights and interests through lawful means. At the same time, we will continue to strengthen our corporate compliance review and have an ardent desire to engage in active dialogue with all parties in a sincere, open, and transparent manner in order to resolve possible differences and misunderstandings.

In the future, we will continue to strictly comply with the laws and regulations of relevant countries in our research and development and operational activities, and provide the most advanced technology, the most reliable products, and the best services to build a better life for all.

Changsha Tian Yi Space Science and Technology Research Institute Ltd.

Jan. 29, 2023