Chevrolet C3 Corvette (updated!) v1.2

He_162

The 1968 - 1982 Corvette Stingray (this one is kind of a mix-up of all of them.)
Let me know if there is something I can change, or modify to make it look better!
(Full album in the KerbalX link, or here)
https://kerbalx.com/He_162/162-Corvette-v12
HAzV4kr.png
R1dAIpI.png
lVtwmCx.png
oZ4Fkga.png

Build log *old photos in the spoiler below.
-v1.2: Redesigned body, boost flaps, and propulsion system.
Better handling.

-v1.0: Release.

And what should I make next?

Edited by He_162

Nice ride! I would really like to find an actual use for that but unfortunately, cars are pretty useless in ksp. That doesnt mean that they wouldnt be cool! So small amounts of people actually do cars that whenever a good one pops up, it just steals all the attention. BTW Is that using kerbpaint? If it is, would you like to link the working mod to me?

7 hours ago, TehGTjr said:

Nice ride! I would really like to find an actual use for that but unfortunately, cars are pretty useless in ksp. That doesnt mean that they wouldnt be cool! So small amounts of people actually do cars that whenever a good one pops up, it just steals all the attention. BTW Is that using kerbpaint? If it is, would you like to link the working mod to me?

This is entirely stock, and can you tell me what use any rover has in KSP? Because this can fulfill all of them with minor modifications.

16 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Are you sure about that? ;-)

Haha, beat me too it.

@He_162 The looks are fine! It's a bit heavy though and the CoM is pretty far to the rear. Also the fuel tanks are positioned very low, at speeds above 110 m/s the car often hit the terrain. Also the boost flaps are positioned pretty low and a bit laggy.

I've made a modification you can build upon, if you're interested. If you're using Editor Extensions Redux you can simply surface attach an air intake to a fuel tank, then attach a Juno to the air intake. Slide them into place and presto. CoM is placed much more to the front so I increased spring strength to 2.0. Didn't touch other settings.

So the car looks cool, the handling can be improved. And the 16 Juno's give it a good acceleration but the mass of those things really hurts braking and cornering performance.

Download link.

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

@He_162 The looks are fine! It's a bit heavy though and the CoM is pretty far to the rear. Also the fuel tanks are positioned very low, at speeds above 110 m/s the car often hit the terrain. Also the boost flaps are positioned pretty low and a bit laggy.

I've made a modification you can build upon, if you're interested. If you're using Editor Extensions Redux you can simply surface attach an air intake to a fuel tank, then attach a Juno to the air intake. Slide them into place and presto. CoM is placed much more to the front so I increased spring strength to 2.0. Didn't touch other settings.

So the car looks cool, the handling can be improved. And the 16 Juno's give it a good acceleration but the mass of those things really hurts braking and cornering performance.

Download link.

Awesome! Thanks, I'll be testing this out!

Corvette has been updated! It looks much more like a corvette, and handles much much much better. It's a quality build from me now, and it should have been upon release, but it was rushed out into public eye too early.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.