S.A.S. Issues in general

S.A.S. Issues...

Everubody knows that in versions 1.3.0 and downwards there is a major glitch, one that everybody dreads... the famous S.A.S. Wobble glitch that occurs when you have too tall of a rocket. I was just wondering has this been fixed (because I have not played on K.S.P. 1.3.1 due to a broken computer, you can see my other post if you have knolage about building pc’s)? And if it has not been fixed, how do you get around the glitch, I found that if you put something to control your rocket closest to the engines than it will fix the glitch, but that is expensive, inconvenient, and it makes K.S.P. Rocketry harder than it needs to be. So:

P.C. Question form/post

Is there a way to fix the S.A.S. wobble glitch that occurs for tall rockets without adding a control point near the engines?

Edited by Ian Luedke

Hi Ian. I think the issue you are referring to is caused by the rocket flexing. This can usually be fixed by enabling "Advanced Tweakables" in the main settings menu, then right clicking the engine at the bottom the stack and clicking the button that says "autostrut" until it says "root part". This will make an invisible strut go right down the centre of your craft, hopefully reducing that unwanted flex. You can also try rigid attachments, which I believe is also one of the advanced tweakables.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.