Air Superiority Fighter Competition

3 hours ago, exbyde said:

Sorry, this is what happens, the roster changes, what was good yesterday is not as good today. In particular, Fighter 3 is great at putting other aircraft on defense because missile spam and radar, which throws more maneuverable aircraft into disarray, and the f3 sweeps. The f3 itself would probably get further if it was more maneuverable, but the delta dagger/delta dart design lends itself more to high speeds and efficiency than it does maneuverability, part of the reason why you see modern deltas as a canard (Eurofighter Typhoon, JAS-39, JAS-37) and also with steeper angled wings. 

Actually, F3Mk2 is at the edge between stable and unstable. I had to cut the canards during testing because it could relatively easily be as stable as I was planning without it, because of the 2nd set of engines at the tail. 

15 minutes ago, exbyde said:

800m/s means you'd cover the 15km missile gap in 20 seconds. Given the average fighter crosses the missile gap over 200m/s that would still bring things down to 15s.

there is just that the thing has 2 minutes of fuel at max throttle and refuses to turn

Hello again.  Wow so, I guess my previous craft didn't have enough teeth to consistently deliver the coup de grâce.  I have learned from experience, and have rectified that problem.  I present Resoup, a complete redesign incorporating various alien technologies, and endowed with triple vulcans what for the bullet hosery.

CNzilRL.jpg

Kerbals x link for Resoup

She might maybe could do with another box of 20mm?

12 minutes ago, l0kki said:

pak-3?

the ground-to-air missile 53miner53 puts on his aircraft that lose radar lock immediately after launch and just don't turn

2 minutes ago, MrChumley said:

Hello again.  Wow so, I guess my previous craft didn't have enough teeth to consistently deliver the coup de grâce.  I have learned from experience, and have rectified that problem.  I present Resoup, a complete redesign incorporating various alien technologies, and endowed with triple vulcans what for the bullet hosery.

CNzilRL.jpg

Kerbals x link for Resoup

I mean, you could have just put a vulcan and some AIM-120s on your design. or like 10 browning m2s. but this works too.

2 minutes ago, exbyde said:

the ground-to-air missile 53miner53 puts on his aircraft that lose radar lock immediately after launch and just don't turn

kek

tfw pak-3 was a german AT gun from early ww2

i mean i could just fill the thing with rcs and reaction wheels 

Edited by l0kki

19 minutes ago, l0kki said:

kek

tfw pak-3 was a german AT gun from early ww2

i mean i could just fill the thing with rcs and reaction wheels 

you could try it (next itme your at a computer) but run a few test laps against the mk3 or a ground-to-air missile system first. they're about the same

15 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

I tried to update F3Mk2 before it’s first battle to remove the pak-3s, but I guess I was too late.:rolleyes:

hey, it seems to be holding up well, pak-3s or not. Always a mk3

12 minutes ago, MrChumley said:

100_Emoji_grande.png?v=1480481062but did you put more ammo in or do you only have 12 seconds worth of ammo?

Edited by exbyde

9 minutes ago, l0kki said:

i got even more genius

solid rocket fuel booster plane

ai cant repurposed bovine waste with slower speed

Thats great except remember, i have to get your plane off the ground, 15km away and back for it to actually compete. So SRBs arent banned but there is no implementation

Edited by exbyde

Just now, exbyde said:

Thats great except remember, i have to get your plane off the ground, 15km away and back for it to actually compete. So SRBs arent banned but there is no implementation

pffft 

enough modding will give enough fuel

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

Why dont you just beat the f3 to the punch and make a plane that has more missiles and like 8 missiles per target?

But then I’ll add more missles and beat you again because missle spam doesn’t work against Sangrigor.

Edited by 53miner53

5 hours ago, exbyde said:

do you only have 12 seconds worth of ammo?

You are correct.  :blush: I updated ReSoup adding more missiles, and ammo for the 20mm.

And also have tinkering with the AI flight and weapons manager settings for the ReSoup, and Atmotoaster Mk2.

I reuploaded both of them to the same kerbal x page.  

Edited by MrChumley

4 hours ago, l0kki said:

strategic bomber with missiles lmao

see Eidahlil's monstron on page one. pretty much is that

2 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

But then I’ll add more missles and beat you again because missle spam doesn’t work against Sangrigor.

Not if you kill my computer!

41 minutes ago, MrChumley said:

You are correct.  :blush: I updated ReSoup adding more missiles, and ammo for the 20mm.

And also have tinkering with the AI flight and weapons manager settings for the ReSoup, and Atmotoaster Mk2.

I reuploaded both of them to the same kerbal x page.  

Sweet. i'll take a look at them...eventually. This week is honestly pretty horrendous for me, but after saturday i'll be free

4 minutes ago, Eidahlil said:

I was running some 1v1 test fights vs Sanngrior, and thought they looked pretty sweet. Who would win a 3v3 is rather inconclusive from the videos, so probably no spoilers.

So, since @exbyde is busy, here's some filler content. :D

Can you run a 3v3 of the EuroDart vs. Dronbast?

This is seriously the best plane I have ever made. Like wow. I'm actually surprised about it lol

EDIT: I think it becomes more and more flip happy as it burns through it's fuel. Craaaapppppp... :P

EDIT 2: it gets extremely flip happy very soon after takeoff/spending it's fuel. Trying to fix....

EDIT 3: FIXED! https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsh3o3itlmlcomj/AXON Fighter.craft?dl=0

Edited by Earthlinger

41 minutes ago, Eidahlil said:

Apparently, I cannot. BDA just floods the console with InvalidCastExceptions and Dronbast refuses to fire on the Eurodart. :D Investigating.

Ok. When you get it to work, make sure on the AI max speed is set to 800 and in the guard mode menu the sight distance is set to max, the gun range is set to max, and missiles per target is set to 2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.