[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond Development Thread [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

TheProtagonists

5 hours ago, MarethyuGamer said:

I think there might be a slight issue when trying to use it with GPP, because it uses cbNameLater in two configs, which I think makes all planet packs loaded afterwards think Sun is called Ciro and Kerbin is called Gael, not just visually but also internally. I might be talking out of my bottom here, but I know some other planet packs didn't work with GPP until I deleted that line.

Now that might be a problem to consider... But since GPP_secondary exists I don't think it would be that difficult to integrate with, or I can just make stars adapt to the change.

4 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

Final moon in the Eon system:

Kg40gWk.png

XH9uj7g.png

Iris, I guess the ice caps and rivers looks better now

Oh the random Entropy of thy universe! Those rivers, those CAPS, those bloody MOUNTAINS AND LAKES! *eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

2 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Oh the random Entropy of thy universe! Those rivers, those CAPS, those bloody MOUNTAINS AND LAKES! *eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Shush, it's because of quantum-entangled infinite improbability morhic matrix resonance field thingamajing. Just go with it :wink:

Though I feel I have to agree that you might want to slow down on these Eartlike planets. It's cool that there's more than one, and they look stunning, but having too many of them will decrease their importance and instead of the priceless jewel of the system they might become just another planet like others.

It's harder to make a rocky or icy moon visually appealing and distinguishible from others, but if you manage to do it it's worth more in my opinion.

(Afterthought: you could make some variance by introducing Earthlike planets covered in vegetation that doesn't use chlorophyl, but a chemical of some other colour. Icky, but would make them stand out from each other.)

Love these new ice caps.

Edited by MarethyuGamer

2 hours ago, MarethyuGamer said:

(Afterthought: you could make some variance by introducing Earthlike planets covered in vegetation that doesn't use chlorophyl, but a chemical of some other colour. Icky, but would make them stand out from each other.)

Well... as you can see in the star system list, I'm planning to do A LOT of Kerbin like worlds, and that's my intentional design, so if I ever decided to make a storyline out of this, I can actually talk about the nature of those worlds.

But you are completely right, I definitely need more land virations for them, so I should make more worlds with exotic color scheme like Yggdrasil... Thanks for the suggestion!

New update!

All 100 bodies' base config file is more or less complete!

and here's the look of the densely packed Traverse System

FvEAxdL.png

beautiful gradient isn't it? because it's the exact same one in my avatar

yuxygKl.png

and the system with the most moons: Sora System

Moons from the innermost: Mirai, Megumi, Nishimiya, Miyamizu, Lyria, Yukino, Rin and Frisk

Edited by TheProtagonists

~New planet: Bishamonten~

This is what it would look like...

HgiQAhe.png

JEQTMnj.png

if it weren't tidally locked...

which means...

This is what you will ALWAYS actually see:

68mJ4wm.png

...not very interesting

I think it's going to be mistaken as an ocean planet after applying EVE

Edited by TheProtagonists

5 minutes ago, CalvinWinz said:

I really like how this pack's coming, but I feel like it would total my memory beyond my threshold. Anyways, for the people that do have it, I hope you have an amazing time uncovering all of the various systems and planets! Maybe a series will arise.

I'm planning to put each star system in a different download so for everyone without enough RAM can choose which system they wish to load.

Of course, there will also be a core download containing only common files.

So worry not! I guess...

5 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

I'm planning to put each star system in a different download so for everyone without enough RAM can choose which system they wish to load.

That's good!

I know this question might have been asked a bunch, but will there be favorable compatibility for those 1.3.1 people? I know I can rollback my game, but some people don't want their mods, ya know, broke.

Edit: If this mod was built upon Kopernicus, will it still work with new versions of it, like 1.3.1?

Edited by CalvinWinz

4 minutes ago, CalvinWinz said:

I know this question might have been asked a bunch, but will there be favorable compatibility for those 1.3.1 people? I know I can rollback my game, but some people don't want their mods, ya know, broke.

As long as you have the correct Kopernicus matching the KSP version, this pack should work with 1.3 and 1.3.1, and maybe even the 1.2.2 Kopernicus backport.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.