The Screamin' Stuka (JU-87 Stuka Stock Replica)

Hello all! Here's a very special, and SCARY plane! That's right, It's the Stuka!

The JU-87 (or Stuka as it was called) was a German dive bomber developed by Junkers in the 1930s. The Stuka would dive at about 80 degrees, ditch the bombs and pull up afterward. This meant the bombs dropped by the Stuka were extremely accurate. It first saw combat during the spanish civil war in 1937, however, was more famously known for it's action during WW2. 

One of the special features of the Stuka was it's siren (this was really only used at the beginning of the war, due to soldiers being de-sensitized to the sound afterward), the siren itself was just a small, unpowered, propeller that made a sound the faster the aircraft went. The aircraft was also fitted with automatic dive brakes, so the plane would automatically pull up if the pilot blacked out due to large amounts of G-forces.

(The real plane is in the spoiler)

Spoiler

ju-87-stuka-28.jpg

This replica would not be possible without the advice of Azimech, and the original design for the bearing being created by MajorJim!

Anyway, here's my replica:

oFCOxGR.jpg

gaPPABo.jpg

fL3l4x9.jpgxJhJ7kr.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Top speed: 40m/s-ish, (to be honest, I never really tested the level flight top speed of this thing properly)

Top speed: 80m/s, however, if you try to go any faster, the propeller will break. (if this isn't the case, I may have uploaded the wrong craft file)

Takeoff speed: 22-24m/s (depends if you have bombs attached)

Climb Rate (I've actually put this in this time): 5-10m/s 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Instructions and Download

(Yes, I have copied and pasted this from my spitfire post)

1: Press space to decouple the propeller from the main craft.

2: Turn on SAS on the main craft (NOT THE PROPELLER)

3: Switch to the propeller 

4: Hold down Alt+E until the Roll bar in the bottom left is completely to the left.

5: Switch back to the main craft

6: Don't touch the controls, and it should take off when it gets to 23-24m/s.

7: Fly like normal, but be gentle when it comes to dives. Don't exceed 70m/s.

Tip: Lots of speed is lost whilst turning, so when turning, be sure you stay above 25m/s, otherwise you may stall, and may crash.

Download: Updated version (HERE)

Thanks for reading! If you'v read up to here, I'd love to hear what planes I should replicate next. Comment down below.

Edited by HolidayTheLeek
Updating download

8 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

I did not expect something that detailed when I clicked this post! You have done an amzing job of recreating that not very easy to replicate shape.

Any chance of a video of it in action?

Great work man, truly. :kiss:

Thank you!

I might as well make a video of it in action. Possibly tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.