Gimballing multiple nozzles?

What do you mean? Do you have multiple independent nozzles that you want controlled by the same gimbal module in the cfg? You'd need to have them separated by a 'wrapper' - basically just an empty gameobject, so they're not children of the same parent in the hierarchy. Then, you have the transforms as you normally would - a gimbalTransform, then a thrustTransform. They should be named identically (ie, both thrustTransform instead of thrustTransform1, thrustTransform2, etc)

I have had the same problem, the 2 thrusttransform need to be child of 1 or 2 gimbal object  and after you can add 2 modulegimbal to 2 different gimbal objects or add 1 modulegimbal to 2 different objects with the same name

Edited by Badsector

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

What do you mean? Do you have multiple independent nozzles that you want controlled by the same gimbal module in the cfg? You'd need to have them separated by a 'wrapper' - basically just an empty gameobject, so they're not children of the same parent in the hierarchy. Then, you have the transforms as you normally would - a gimbalTransform, then a thrustTransform. They should be named identically (ie, both thrustTransform instead of thrustTransform1, thrustTransform2, etc)

8 minutes ago, Badsector said:

I have had the same problem, the 2 thrusttransform need to be child of 1 or 2 gimbal object  and after you can add 2 modulegimbal to 2 different gimbal objects or add 1 modulegimbal to 2 different objects with the same name

My MASAMUNE Engine for Thermonuclear has four control flaps the need to follow the thrust gimbal, but only on one axis. Right now they have an individual gimbal for each flap. 

15 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

My MASAMUNE Engine for Thermonuclear has four control flaps the need to follow the thrust gimbal, but only on one axis. Right now they have an individual gimbal for each flap. 

I think I understand. Check this part cfg - I have gimbals that are restricted to specific axis'.  You will probably need to use a second dummy module.

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/blob/master/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Parts/Atlas/bluedog_Atlas_LR101_Radial.cfg

1 minute ago, Badsector said:

if is only aesthetic you can use FXModuleLookAtConstraint with 2 or 4 dummy empty over the same axis of the gimbal, on this way you can use 1 modulegimbal for move all 4 flaps over only 1 axis

That might be what I am looking for because I want to remove the unnecessary gimbal toggles in the flight scene right click part menu.

Idk if i'm able to explain it better , but if you have 2 dummy over axis X-Y of the gimbal and you want to move your flap over Y  you need to link it with the dummy on X, you have only to find the right position for place your dummy objects versus the center of the flap.

Edit

Other solution is have the flaps with the same name of the gimbal and have a fixed dummy with FXModuleLookAtConstraint that lock  the axis you don't need to move, but i don't know of it work

Edited by Badsector

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.