Using RCS to fine tune a manoeuver... in map mode?

PS4 Enhanced Edition, default controls, career mode, normal.

As far as being able to use RCS to adjust Peripsis or Apoapsis, I don't seem to be able to do this while in map mode.

I can zoom in on the craft I'm selecting, select SAS hold pro-grade, activate RCS, select linear mode, left trigger will give my craft a boost in the pro-grade... I can check this by toggling between map mode and the zoomed in mode, this process does work, but it's guess work as to how much change is occurring until I go back to map mode to check the numbers.

now if I stay in map mode left trigger gives me a rotation, but no pro-grade thrust. The control stick just changes my attitude with no change in pro-grade thrust. bumpers do nothing.

I can set manoeuvre node and if I'm able to get a fairly fine setting (not always easy on console)  I am able to follow the burn directions using RCS while zoomed into the craft.

But making a couple minor adjustments here and there doesn't seem possible using RCS while in map mode.

Am I just doing something wrong?

My guess is that map mode turns off your navball.  The navball needs to be visible in order to use RCS.  If I'm not mistaken the navball is removed when switching to map mode by default and needs to be changed in the settings.  Had a quick look on the main menu, before loading or starting a game, access the settings and unclick "Autohide Navball in Map View" near to bottom.

2 hours ago, overkill13 said:

My guess is that map mode turns off your navball.

Yup, I still have the nav ball on the map screen.

RCS light stays on during the transition from "close-up" to "map mode", and I can hear the RCS firing when in map mode...

I haven't been playing around with it all that much, but it would be nice to have in terms of fine tuning course corrections.

5 minutes ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

I can hear the RCS firing when in map mode

If you can hear it firing and see the values dropping but get no change in your orbit at all, then I'd file a bug report.

Actually I'd file one in either case but if it's "just" a control issue the it'd more likely be considered an enhancement request.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.