[1.3.1] Contracts Won't Complete

Trann

The title says it all and I'm not sure why.

The backstory: four pretty identical contracts to rescue crew from LKO; built a remote-controlled four-capsule ship that rendezvoused with each wreck and on-boarded the crew; luckily made a quick save before breaking orbit to splashdown; no matter how I bring them down (they all come down safe-and-sound) -- in the water off KSC, on the grounds of KSC, on the grasslands behind KSC -- and no matter how I recover them -- from the ship itself, from the Tracking Station, from the Space Center -- the crew are not flagged as "recovered" and so the contracts won't complete.

My usual trajectory is to bring them down around KSC.

fFz8OuL.png

5yml2Mz.png

Here's the mini-contract view...

RkeyEg5.png

...and here's the mission text (all four are the same and all show the saved crew as "Complete")

8ZcYtX2.png

So what am I missing here?

I'm getting close to hacking the persistence file and give myself a 25% bonus for my troubles.

EDIT: ALT-F12 lets me "complete" them so that's good enough.

Edited by Trann

Odd, there really should be no reason they won't complete. It looks like another bug.

I found similar reports in the bug tracker for tourist contracts not completing under similar circumstances:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/17982

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/17972

I haven't encountered this problem yet myself, but I would highly suggest that you please add your experiences to the bug tracker if you can. There does seem to be a lot of cleaning up to do in the new release.

Also, you don't need to hack the persistence file. In the ALT-F12 cheat menu there is a "contracts" section where you have the option to force individual contracts to be marked as complete.

1 minute ago, bewing said:

they don't ever get marked as "recovered" until they are safely in the Astronaut Complex

He mentioned that he tried recovering them from both the Space Center view and from the Tracking Station as well.

True.  And in past game plays, each "recover" from which ever view seems to immediately trigger the contract completion and the green lights flash on the mini-icon.  This does not happen.

This is also on 1.3.1 (I'll update the original post) and not related to 1.4.1 (I'm waiting for a patch: it doesn't launch for me).  Thanks for the effort of looking up those bug reports, however.

I wasn't aware of the F-12 option, so thanks @HvP for that assist!

Edited by Trann

23 minutes ago, bewing said:

The savegame from before reentry, please.

If this is 1.3.1, do you still want a savegame?  And this isn't a mod-free game (although it's a stable set I've played with for quite some time) so I may have to attempt to reduce it to a minimal set that loads without error.

31 minutes ago, Trann said:

If this is 1.3.1, do you still want a savegame?  And this isn't a mod-free game (although it's a stable set I've played with for quite some time) so I may have to attempt to reduce it to a minimal set that loads without error.

1.3.1? Well, that's surprising that you are seeing a contract bug there. Hmmmm. We are looking at a contract bug (or maybe two) in 1.4. So yeah, good point, I think you can hold off on the 1.3.1 savegame. There's too much of a possibility of a mod interaction messing up your 1.3.1 contract system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.