Launch site concerns.

Will stock auxillary launch sites be locked exclusively to DLC customers or will players like myself, who did not purchase the DLC, be unable to access them without mods?

Just a little concerned of mine, not sure where to put this (made account about 3 minutes ago), hoping a mod can sort that out with me if this isn't the right spot.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by TheTripleAce3
Amending word choice.

I don't know the answer to that, but bear in mind that alternative launch sites are only accessible via the Mission Builder. Other than Woomerang, there is no way to have alternative launch sites in the regular game, whether sandbox, science or career.

Edited by Klapaucius

This is probably the most relevant place for a post like this, yes.  I do not think anyone aside from Squad employees know the answer to this, but it would be cool if the extra launch sites made it into the stock game.  However, I think DLC features will, for the most part, stay DLC features.  Most of this is probably because the ability for players to make launch sites on other planets relies on the mission builder, which I can assure you will remain exclusive to the DLC.  As for the Woomerang launch site, I really cannot say if it will be added to the base game, but I don't really use it at all, since it is kind of boring.

25 minutes ago, HeliosPh0enix said:

This is probably the most relevant place for a post like this, yes.  I do not think anyone aside from Squad employees know the answer to this, but it would be cool if the extra launch sites made it into the stock game.  However, I think DLC features will, for the most part, stay DLC features.  Most of this is probably because the ability for players to make launch sites on other planets relies on the mission builder, which I can assure you will remain exclusive to the DLC.  As for the Woomerang launch site, I really cannot say if it will be added to the base game, but I don't really use it at all, since it is kind of boring.

In the patch 1.4.3 post it said that all modes of DLC will have access to auxillary sites soon to be introduced.

1 hour ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

or will f2p players like myself be unable to access them without mods?

There is no free-to-play version of KSP...

And DLC features will probably remain DLC features.

Edited by Greenfire32

1 hour ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

This whole posts approved by mods thing seems to be delaying the edit I made.

It has already been amended.

Yeah, new accounts have to have posts approved by mods. It's to prevent spam-bots and account-trolling.

No worries.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.