Wing angling and higher speeds?

I was watching a youtube video about the supposed su-41. I noticed it's wings are similar to the fuel filled ones in the game. The difference is it is angled forward a bit in essence. I was wondering if doing that to the wings in game actually has effect at high speeds on the stuff in game? I'm kind of assuming it does but is the logic in the game to take account the air surface in any direction. Or at least the forward direction to take account the effects at high speeds?

BTW, what is the plane on that front pic. It is really cool looking. I wish we had wings in game we could swivvle in multiple directions. Both sweepable back and forth and up and down like that. I would use those all over to adjust for altitude etc. 8)

Maybe they could make an in game tool to allow us to draw lines on the current parts to cut them and give them hinges. 8)

Then there is this. I wanted to look at the plane more but it's a gimp image for clickbaiting sadly... 8\ Might help with my flying backwards from orbit idea.

Edited by Arugela

3 hours ago, Arugela said:

I'm kind of assuming it does but is the logic in the game to take account the air surface in any direction. Or at least the forward direction to take account the effects at high speeds?

No, the logic in the game does not take direction into account. Wing sweep does not change anything. High speeds do not change anything.

If you want to change the game so that those things do have an effect, then you need a mod like FAR.

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Hey @bewing, how about when rotating a wing piece in the roll plane causes the center of lift marker to tilt in the pitch plane? Is that a display glitch in the SPH, or is there some weird force redirection in flight? 

To the best I can tell, the CoL movement from wing incidence or dihedral is not a glitch, but I have no idea why the aerodynamics would work that way.

4 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

I remember when russia had a infinitely ranged nuclear powered bomber. :rolleyes:

What is wrong with watching videos. I like how the plane looks. I was hoping it could help improve my in game planes. It sparks ideas potentially. Having wing sweeps and stuff added might help with efficiency and allow me to get more margins on my planes.

And, technically, they do. If you only mean earth, they just need to get it in orbit and they can make it hypothetically land anywhere. 8)

Edited by Arugela

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.