Game Upgrade Problems

Hello,

I use the 1.4.3 Standalone Version of KSP  with german language patch. The Problem is, in order to do the upgrade I have to switch back to original language and then I can start the patch program. Else I get an error that this is not a valid KSP folder. After the upgrade I would like to switch back to german but then it says the Version of KSP is not valid for the Language patch. So the only "Fix", more likely a workaround, is to Backup all Saves and so on, uninstall the Game and reinstall with full setup.

Is there any posibillity to make this easier? I dont want to reinstall the game for every patch or even download the language patch every time (twice).

I just want to start the game like all the other games, press the "update" button and get the update.

Greets,

Shoku

ps. my mods (Kerbal Engineer Redux and Kerbal Alarm Clock) are organized with the Twitch client.

Edited by Shoku

Are you getting the language patch for that specific version? Trying to use a 1.4.3 patch may not work with 1.4.4. Not entirely  sure on that.

Also just based on my and friends past experience, twitch client has a tendency to break the files in the game folder and usually is not worth the effort of fixing it. You do you tho.

Thanks for your answer, yes, I use the correct translation file (1.4.4). Downloaded directly after the update patch. And I used the 1.4.3 translation file to return to the english language before the update.

Okay, thanks for the hint, its a point to begin with. So I'll try to reinstall my game and insert the mods manualy for now. But it is not the solution to my wish for an easier update progress (download and install 3 files and click throgh the Website everytime).

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for my Very late answer. Thanks for the advice with CKAN, but it ist only for Addon management, right? Is there an option to easy update the game?

P.s. Just say you mean the KSP version :D I just landed here for a long time with my research :D

CKAN is just for mod management, but it is way more reliable than the twitch client. Recently, another user here in the forum got an issue with the twitch client which totally broke his game and every reinstall failed as well until twitch was removed from the pc.

I'm using the steam version so I cannot tell much about the standalone version but somehow it doesn't sound right what is happening there and I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this so I have to assume, it is not a common issue.

Let's try to call someone who should know about this...like @bewing :)

I admit that I never tested it -- taking a translated version of the game and applying the upgrade patch to it. However, if the upgrade patch was working properly it should ignore the Localization folder and overwrite it with the updated English translation for the new version. Yes, as said above it is necessary to use the correct version of the language patch after that to convert back to your intended language --  I see you said you did that. So the QA team is going to have to look at that set of steps to see if it works or not for them.

But even with your mods it is supposed to be a two step process. Apply the upgrade patch to any language that you are running. Then apply the updated version of your language patch.

I've tested Ckan now for my two mods, it looks very nice and easy. The only downside, I think, is, that it has to update the whole repository to check for updates. Would be nice if there is a "search for installed addons updates" option. But this have to go to git.

@bewing, I think, i will stay with the standard version for now. But I dont realy like the progress on the standalone version. It feels a bit abandoned without any fixes on the patcher. In addition since this or previous patch it does not even show if there is an update or news. It's like dead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.