Mk3 Cargo Bays with high ground plates! (Postponed indefinitely)

Kebab Kerman

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys like to see 7.5m Mk3 (Mk3XL) parts? (Will include 5m, 10m, and 20m parts, cargo doors, and multiple adapters, and are just enlarged Mk3 parts.)

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but in another mod
    • Just make the DS cargo ramp you walnut

8 hours ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Mod was updated 4 hours ago, my bad for not noting.

Spacedock has the updated version (0.0.9) , but the description there still says that it's 0.0.8 and an update will be uploaded "later."

Edited by JH4C
echo...echo...

On 9/16/2018 at 9:18 AM, JH4C said:

Spacedock has the updated version (0.0.9) , but the description there still says that it's 0.0.8 and an update will be uploaded "later."

Oh, whoops, fixing now!

EDIT: Fixed.

Also, I think I know why I couldn't get animations to work. I was still in debug mode. I feel like an idiot now...

Edited by Kebab Kerman

Ramp delayed, stupid thing won't package into the game, having some trouble I didn't have before. The animations are done, but the part just won't appear in the part list. I'm not sure why, but it just... Refuses to apprear.

@neistridlar Might you know why?

Edited by Kebab Kerman

1 hour ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Ramp delayed, stupid thing won't package into the game, having some trouble I didn't have before. The animations are done, but the part just won't appear in the part list. I'm not sure why, but it just... Refuses to apprear.

@neistridlar Might you know why?

First thing to do is check the console in Unity. Clear it, and export your part. you should get three "speech bubbles", no errors. next, check the logs in KSP, there is usually something there to give you a hint where things might be going wrong. I'm guessing if you don't get any errors when exporting in unity, then you probably get something in the logs about the model not excising, because of a typo in the config file path or something like that.

1 hour ago, neistridlar said:

First thing to do is check the console in Unity. Clear it, and export your part. you should get three "speech bubbles", no errors. next, check the logs in KSP, there is usually something there to give you a hint where things might be going wrong. I'm guessing if you don't get any errors when exporting in unity, then you probably get something in the logs about the model not excising, because of a typo in the config file path or something like that.

Ah, gotcha. I'll check it when I get the chance.

@neistridlar Alright, when I launched the game, I got this:

[LOG 15:30:05.072] Load(Model): Mk3HighGroundPlates/Parts/DSParts/DSramp/DSramp
[ERR 15:30:05.246] File error:
Failed to read past end of stream.
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer (Int32 numBytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadSingle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadAnimation (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.Read (.UrlFile file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

What does this mean?

Not sure entirely what it means, other than I guess your file is broken in some way.

45 minutes ago, Kebab Kerman said:

[ERR 15:30:05.246] File error:
Failed to read past end of stream.
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer (Int32 numBytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadSingle () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadAnimation (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartReader.Read (.UrlFile file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This stuff, I think I get on my install as well when I boot, but does not seem to affect anything, so I just left it alone.

Just to make sure you did check the stuff in unity first? Part tools will write a broken file if it does not succeed, so it is not always obvious that it failed.

19 hours ago, neistridlar said:

Not sure entirely what it means, other than I guess your file is broken in some way.

This stuff, I think I get on my install as well when I boot, but does not seem to affect anything, so I just left it alone.

Just to make sure you did check the stuff in unity first? Part tools will write a broken file if it does not succeed, so it is not always obvious that it failed.

Alright, should I try putting .mu at the end of the model file?

Wait...

I'm not supposed to put the model file name at the end of the file location in the config, am I...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

*Meanwhile, at the KSC*

Bob: Alright Jeb, get ready to-

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jeb: What the Kraken was that!?

*At Bop*

Kraken: Time to go destroy some-

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kraken: Ah, the sound of suffering... Beautiful.

I think I'm going to make some sacrifices to let off my anger

Edited by Kebab Kerman

12 minutes ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Alright, should I try putting .mu at the end of the model file?

Wait...

I'm not supposed to put the model file name at the end of the file location in the config, am I...

MODEL
        {
            model = foo/bar/name_of_the_model_with_no_extension
        }

It should be like that, no file extension, but you need to specify the name of the mu.

3 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

MODEL
        {
            model = foo/bar/name_of_the_model_with_no_extension
        }

It should be like that, no file extension, but you need to specify the name of the mu.

Oh, so how it is now is good. Alright, so... I bet it's broken. Honestly not sure how to fix it.

If it's not that, I'll try removing the model name and see if that works at all.

And if THAT doesn't work... I'm doomed. I might just ask you to do it again. I was so close, too...

2 minutes ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Oh, so how it is now is good. Alright, so... I bet it's broken. Honestly not sure how to fix it.

If it's not that, I'll try removing the model name and see if that works at all.

And if THAT doesn't work... I'm doomed. I might just ask you to do it again. I was so close, too...

Don't give up quite yet. Try removing the animation and see if that works, if it does, then we can start figuring out how to fix that, if not, it is probably something else that is broken. (And be prepared for a lot of trial and error, modding is riddled with pitfalls, and they are not always obvious, though it is rewarding when you finally figure it out).

2 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

Don't give up quite yet. Try removing the animation and see if that works, if it does, then we can start figuring out how to fix that, if not, it is probably something else that is broken. (And be prepared for a lot of trial and error, modding is riddled with pitfalls, and they are not always obvious, though it is rewarding when you finally figure it out).

Alright. I'll try it if the others don't work.

I don't think there should be any problems with part-tools versions. And I can't see anything wrong in the screenshot, though I usually put my animations on the root object. I don't think that is strictly necessary though. 

2LYQYNs.png

I think this might be easier to figure out if you just package up the entire unity project, and the config files, so I can have a look at them my self.

4 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

Ok, so, I took a guess at how your files are supposed to be assembled. And well, it works! so your models and animations at least work.

Alright, so I'm going to assume it's PartTools, then.

EDIT: Wait do you mean Blender, Unity, or KSP?

Edited by Kebab Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.