cybutek

[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

8 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Works fine for me, CKAN says the max. KSP version is 1.6.9.
Maybe you just need to hit the 'Refresh' button?^^

Deleting the CKAN directory and restarting it seems to have fixed it.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@jrbudda I never understood why in most cases KER does not recognize an encounter here:
v04OZV1.png

It happens very rarely that it shows an encounter ...

I finally got some time to look into this. What it comes down to is bad wording on my part. In the code, and the description, I called those 3 readouts time-til/separation at/rel speed at 'closest approach', but decided to label them time/sep/speed at 'Encounter'. This was misleading. The readouts expose the data available when you hover over the approach markers. When you have a SOI transition, there are no approach markers (on the first orbit patch anyway) so no data.

I'm renaming those 3 readouts to 'At Approach' instead of 'Encounter' to better clarify. Providing data about the next 'Encounter' (meaning SOI transition) would have to be a different readout.

In the future I will look into extending the 'closest approach' readouts to look into the next orbit patch and pull the periapse and report that, but for now it'll remain N/A if there's a SOI transition.

One thing that really grinds my gears is that the impact marker is always enabled by default. Now, running around with a kerbal, it always shows the impact marker, and i can't enter the KER settings/toolbar because kerbals dont have a KER system

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, jonassm said:

One thing that really grinds my gears is that the impact marker is always enabled by default. Now, running around with a kerbal, it always shows the impact marker, and i can't enter the KER settings/toolbar because kerbals dont have a KER system

Wow, I had no idea. I will fix that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jrbudda said:

Wow, I had no idea. I will fix that.

i fixed it.

• Like 2

I'm having a small issue with KER on 1.6. If I'm using two stages with monopropellant engines it assumes that there is some kind of crossfeed, so it shows as the previous stage uses the whole monopropellant. The stock readings show the correct value. Is there a way to fix it?

53 minutes ago, Darkherring said:

I'm having a small issue with KER on 1.6. If I'm using two stages with monopropellant engines it assumes that there is some kind of crossfeed, so it shows as the previous stage uses the whole monopropellant. The stock readings show the correct value. Is there a way to fix it?

Isn't monoprop a global drain?

14 minutes ago, jrbudda said:

Isn't monoprop a global drain?

I'd expect Monoprop to obey crossfeed rules, but I'd have to check.

Crossfeed is off. If I make exactly the same design with liquid fuel it works well. But with monoprop it shows it wrong.

29 minutes ago, Darkherring said:

Crossfeed is off. If I make exactly the same design with liquid fuel it works well. But with monoprop it shows it wrong.

I'm preeeeettty sure monoprop doesn't obey crossfeed rules on parts

7 minutes ago, jrbudda said:

I'm preeeeettty sure monoprop doesn't obey crossfeed rules on parts

Yup Just tested it. If you actually launch the monoprop ship there's nothing stopping you from just sitting there and burning all the monoprop with the first stage. It does prioritize the fuel tank in the same stage first, but you'd have to manually monitor the level and stage at the right moment for the stock dV values to be correct. KER and vanilla may differ, but both are right depending on your stage timing.