Radar

[1.4.5] Space Shuttle release 17.09.2018

Recommended Posts

I seem to have problems using SSS together with SSTU using ksp 1.3.1. I tried installing the newest SSTU on a clean install and that seem to work just fine. But when installing SSS all my SSTU-parts dissapear... 

 

Edit: Deleted the SSTU file from SSS and everything seems to work all fine! 

Awesome mod! 

 

 

Edited by MadsHjem1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 10:56 PM, MadsHjem1 said:

I seem to have problems using SSS together with SSTU using ksp 1.3.1. I tried installing the newest SSTU on a clean install and that seem to work just fine. But when installing SSS all my SSTU-parts dissapear... 

 

Edit: Deleted the SSTU file from SSS and everything seems to work all fine! 

Awesome mod! 

 

 

Working on that and the Cockpit at the moment. I believe the SSTU is sorted, just changed the names of the parts I used so as to not impact on SSTU files, however the plugin may cause problems for some people if they remain on older KSP versions.

I've moved the plugin back to it's original location under SSTU, so it will replace the plugin there, or people can leave it out and it will use their installed version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has then asked before, but every time I grab the Shuttle's crew cabin to begin a build, the nose landing gear automatically deploys and I can't get it to retract.  Is anyone else having this problem?  How can this be solved?

I also don't have an ability to attach the SRBs to the ET - the couplers/decouplers seen in YouTube tutorials about this mod are not present in my downloaded version.  There also is no pre-loaded, already built stack which the tutorials say comes with the mod.

Edited by ChrisG_NSF
Added more things that are missing from my dowloaded mod that are supposed to be with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this work with 1.5.1? Not sure if I am doing something wrong or the thing just doesn't like to launch, every time it tilts and crashes a few meters away from the launchpad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I've been absent of late, I've had a new addition to the family so it's taken some of my extra time away.

It was working for 1.5.1 for me when I last loaded Kerbal. If it doesn't then I'll need to update some of the mods for example the SSTU mod.

@ChrisG_NSF It sounds like you have an old version of SSTU mod installed. This package had it included in the download under the Shuttle folder, I've since moved this for future updates back to it's original location. PLEASE NOTE, that if updating the SSTU wheel plugin, it may break other mods that you have installed, however generally the later versions of plugins solve other issues. My advice would be to back up your Kerbal install first. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello! Thank you for returning the SSS, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Will the graphics be redone to a clearer and more detailed as it was before.

2. Will the manitators work in the cabin?

3. And the last opportunity for me is the skins of shuttles from Discovery to Atlantis, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 9:47 PM, ChrisG_NSF said:

Apologies if this has then asked before, but every time I grab the Shuttle's crew cabin to begin a build, the nose landing gear automatically deploys and I can't get it to retract.  Is anyone else having this problem?  How can this be solved?

I also don't have an ability to attach the SRBs to the ET - the couplers/decouplers seen in YouTube tutorials about this mod are not present in my downloaded version.  There also is no pre-loaded, already built stack which the tutorials say comes with the mod.

What version of KSP do you use ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I did not read the whole thread but I have 2 questions

1/ DId you fix that one camera that was not working ?  

2/ So during re-entry no more brick flying and "I will try spin that is a good trick " ?  

 

I know the shuttle had those 2 problems from my testing in the previous KSP versions. 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to tell you the bad news because the configurations you used for 1.4.5 no longer work in 1.5. He is ill-enters the atmosphere. What parameters have you changed for version 1.4.5 .cfg file ?

Edit: Oh, sorry about my mistake about the landing. Everything's fine. There is a problem that was previously shown in the video. It seems to me that the fact that in the External Tank too much fuel or else they're too heavy. On the one hand if you reduce the amount of fuel to reach orbit will disappear. And as for the Shuttle Booster I spent a single run it (something like Ares 1) and discovered that the Shuttle Booster does not have control (pitch, yaw, roll), though it is written in .cfg and he didn't respond in any way to my team. And one more important question about RSS config. I was very happy when it worked at 1.4.5, but it also has a problem as shown in the video and for some reason began to tip over when in the course of the atmosphere as it was before changing the pitch angle.

 

Edited by Briso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Briso,

I am not sure if you were replying to me. 

I was talking mainly about problem from KSP 1.2.2 and no RSS mod.   I knwo ther was issue with one camera was not working with RPM mod and the re-entry was hell with shuttle in stock Kerbal no FAR no RSS.  It was spinning like mad...

 

I am planning to try this new shuttle in KSP 1.5.1 as I started to play KSP again after a few monts break.

 

And one more thing. THat tail is not the right one for Discovery.. The current tial/texture of tail is more for Columbia. 

I was trying to mess with the config but somehow the SSTU texture switcher is not working.

Hmm it is bothering me to see  Columbia tail on my beloved Discovery...

Edited by Jovzin
edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 8:55 PM, Jovzin said:

Hello Briso,

I am not sure if you were replying to me. 

I was talking mainly about problem from KSP 1.2.2 and no RSS mod.   I knwo ther was issue with one camera was not working with RPM mod and the re-entry was hell with shuttle in stock Kerbal no FAR no RSS.  It was spinning like mad...

 

I am planning to try this new shuttle in KSP 1.5.1 as I started to play KSP again after a few monts break.

 

And one more thing. THat tail is not the right one for Discovery.. The current tial/texture of tail is more for Columbia. 

I was trying to mess with the config but somehow the SSTU texture switcher is not working.

Hmm it is bothering me to see  Columbia tail on my beloved Discovery...

Unfortunately, my attempts to make texture switching failed. I tried to use B9 Part Switch and Firespitter, but I failed. Conclude that you can't switch the texture of the tail as the switch is not working tail as the switch is not working.

Also all cameras work with rpm. The input to the atmosphere is now very balanced (not related to RSS).

I'll try to work with texture switching again. As soon as I get something, I'll let you know.

Edit: I was able to do texture switching. Although this not quite so. I switched to B9 Part Switch but the textures refuse to change, although the switching panel itself is present.

Edited by Briso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 8:55 PM, Jovzin said:

Hello Briso,

I am not sure if you were replying to me. 

I was talking mainly about problem from KSP 1.2.2 and no RSS mod.   I knwo ther was issue with one camera was not working with RPM mod and the re-entry was hell with shuttle in stock Kerbal no FAR no RSS.  It was spinning like mad...

 

I am planning to try this new shuttle in KSP 1.5.1 as I started to play KSP again after a few monts break.

 

And one more thing. THat tail is not the right one for Discovery.. The current tial/texture of tail is more for Columbia. 

I was trying to mess with the config but somehow the SSTU texture switcher is not working.

Hmm it is bothering me to see  Columbia tail on my beloved Discovery...

 

8 hours ago, Briso said:

Unfortunately, my attempts to make texture switching failed. I tried to use B9 Part Switch and Firespitter, but I failed. Conclude that you can't switch the texture of the tail as the switch is not working tail as the switch is not working.

Also all cameras work with rpm. The input to the atmosphere is now very balanced (not related to RSS).

I'll try to work with texture switching again. As soon as I get something, I'll let you know.

Edit: I was able to do texture switching. Although this not quite so. I switched to B9 Part Switch but the textures refuse to change, although the switching panel itself is present.

Breakthrough ! I did. I taught him how to switch textures. However, give me another day and I'll finish the job and you @Jovzin will finally get the tail off Discovery )

Edited by Briso
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any chance of updating the Energia and Buran? i really wanna use it for a 1.3.1 RO game im doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Briso  Thank you for the info. Btw who is not working on this shuttle you or Radar ?

I was trying to use some old configs from DECQ SSTU switches but yeah they were not working :(

Anyway I have a question.  Playing stock Kerbal ( for 100 times I started and somehow never had time to finish :D )   how do you feel the shuttle ascending and re-entry ?

I found out that with cargo like MKS orbital module it is so hard to keep it straight and mainly do some roll program :(  As soon as I start roll the shuttle starts to turn more to the left or right side and not keeping the straight whih is resulting in getting to orbit at 90 degree inclination :(    

 

At one mroe thing during re-entry I must say it is behaving much much more better than it was in 1.2.2 but still at around 29km altitude I am at that 40 degree pitch and Shuttle is starting to flip and let's try spinning that is a good trick :(   Until around 20km altitude when I manage to stable it.   So do I need to go from 40 to 0 degree pitch at around 35km altitude ?     And do you think the shutttle needs one more reaction wheel at the back or ?   Cause I am trying to find the issue with my ascent and roll program.  Even Mechjeb is having issues to do roll and keep the shuttle straight during ascent :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jovzin said:

@Briso  Thank you for the info. Btw who is not working on this shuttle you or Radar ?

I was trying to use some old configs from DECQ SSTU switches but yeah they were not working :(

Anyway I have a question.  Playing stock Kerbal ( for 100 times I started and somehow never had time to finish :D )   how do you feel the shuttle ascending and re-entry ?

I found out that with cargo like MKS orbital module it is so hard to keep it straight and mainly do some roll program :(  As soon as I start roll the shuttle starts to turn more to the left or right side and not keeping the straight whih is resulting in getting to orbit at 90 degree inclination :(    

 

At one mroe thing during re-entry I must say it is behaving much much more better than it was in 1.2.2 but still at around 29km altitude I am at that 40 degree pitch and Shuttle is starting to flip and let's try spinning that is a good trick :(   Until around 20km altitude when I manage to stable it.   So do I need to go from 40 to 0 degree pitch at around 35km altitude ?     And do you think the shutttle needs one more reaction wheel at the back or ?   Cause I am trying to find the issue with my ascent and roll program.  Even Mechjeb is having issues to do roll and keep the shuttle straight during ascent :(

Really start with the cargo difficult. There have already to ask Radar to something did. At the entrance into the atmosphere I use the angle 35 degrees. I also use Smart Ass. And yes must warn that switching implemented using firespitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 2:27 PM, Radar said:

As for the textures, I couldn't get them to work, I will play around some more but when time permits.

I've finally completed the texture switching setup, I hope as soon as the radar comes it will update its main link, but for now keep updating. Attention! Added a new dependency firespitter. Installation instructions: Add with replacement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a79ilea9iwueihc/Gamedata.rar?dl=0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much.

 

Now I am long user of Space Shuttle in KSP. I remember using Rocket2gun's shuttle and than it was Cephius's shuttle after that Dragoon001's shuttle and after that I think it was MikeNZ's shuttle  and now it is DECQ's shuttle. 

But somehow the shuttle that we have  now is such bad to control.  Like right now my ascent is such a horrible experience even with Mechjeb2.. As soon as I start to the roll program , the shuttle is going out of the center and trying to go left or right.  It is not keeping its nose straight in the center.   It feels something like you have flat tyre on one of your front wheels and it is automatically trying to turn left or right based on which tyre is bad on your front wheels.

I do not know why crap. I remember the old shuttles were much muych more stable during roll program. Like I was able to do 720 degree roll and shuttle was keeping its straight course without issues. 

Like in this video he is doing roll and the nav bal cross hair is still in center.  Rally do not know what could be the issue now :(

 

 

 

 

Edited by Jovzin
video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jovzin said:

Thank you very much.

 

Now I am long user of Space Shuttle in KSP. I remember using Rocket2gun's shuttle and than it was Cephius's shuttle after that Dragoon001's shuttle and after that I think it was MikeNZ's shuttle  and now it is DECQ's shuttle. 

But somehow the shuttle that we have  now is such bad to control.  Like right now my ascent is such a horrible experience even with Mechjeb2.. As soon as I start to the roll program , the shuttle is going out of the center and trying to go left or right.  It is not keeping its nose straight in the center.   It feels something like you have flat tyre on one of your front wheels and it is automatically trying to turn left or right based on which tyre is bad on your front wheels.

I do not know why crap. I remember the old shuttles were much muych more stable during roll program. Like I was able to do 720 degree roll and shuttle was keeping its straight course without issues. 

Like in this video he is doing roll and the nav bal cross hair is still in center.  Rally do not know what could be the issue now :(

 

 

 

 

You cannot do it because of the bad engines and shuttle booster with a very small deviation of the vector. I'm working on it as you can see in the video Hellblazer uses other engines and old accelerators.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 1:38 AM, Gudlifer said:

 

Hello! Thank you for returning the SSS, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Will the graphics be redone to a clearer and more detailed as it was before.

2. Will the manitators work in the cabin?

3. And the last opportunity for me is the skins of shuttles from Discovery to Atlantis, etc.

I'm not one to create the models or the textures. I can edit the textures but not redo them ie make them a higher def or anything like that.

Monitors in the cabin work. If you have JSI installed then yes, however I will replace this cockpit with a MAS mod version similar to one released by another user with their Ultimate Shuttle IVA.

I have the skins for the Discovery and Atlantis however as this would require extra mods, and the function was broken at the time, this was taken out and just one skin was used. I have yet to make this work using base KSP (without mods).

On 11/27/2018 at 10:24 PM, Jovzin said:

Hi I did not read the whole thread but I have 2 questions

1/ DId you fix that one camera that was not working ?  

2/ So during re-entry no more brick flying and "I will try spin that is a good trick " ?  

 

I know the shuttle had those 2 problems from my testing in the previous KSP versions. 

Thank you

No, the camera name needs to be changed in the model, something a model creator / editor could do. Currently the name of the transform is just CAMERA, this needs to change to CamTransform (I believe).

It doesn't fly like a brick no, it's easier to control on re-entry and I guess if you really tried you could spin it but it's not something that will happen easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 2:42 AM, Briso said:

And as for the Shuttle Booster I spent a single run it (something like Ares 1) and discovered that the Shuttle Booster does not have control (pitch, yaw, roll), though it is written in .cfg and he didn't respond in any way to my team.

It does have control, it's just very small movements. I'll look to increase, It wasn't done as I found it controlled the craft to much compared to subtle movements.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:55 AM, Jovzin said:

And one more thing. THat tail is not the right one for Discovery.. The current tial/texture of tail is more for Columbia. 

I was trying to mess with the config but somehow the SSTU texture switcher is not working.

Hmm it is bothering me to see  Columbia tail on my beloved Discovery...

Fixed. Originally it didn't even have Discovery on the craft, I changed that on release.

On 11/28/2018 at 11:09 PM, Briso said:

Unfortunately, my attempts to make texture switching failed. I tried to use B9 Part Switch and Firespitter, but I failed. Conclude that you can't switch the texture of the tail as the switch is not working tail as the switch is not working.

Also all cameras work with rpm. The input to the atmosphere is now very balanced (not related to RSS).

I'll try to work with texture switching again. As soon as I get something, I'll let you know.

Edit: I was able to do texture switching. Although this not quite so. I switched to B9 Part Switch but the textures refuse to change, although the switching panel itself is present.

Interesting find on the texture switching, glad someone is looking into also. My attempts have also failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 5:56 PM, Jovzin said:

@Briso  Thank you for the info. Btw who is not working on this shuttle you or Radar ?

I'd like to think of this as more than one working on the Shuttle. I'd like to keep it going for all to use, not have it stop at a certain version and no one to keep it up to date.

I know I have not been on as much but I do get emails when people post in the forums to ensure I am not away for to long, and to answer peoples questions / update links on the OP. I really appreciate those who have spent the extra time and fine tuning the .cfg files, and hopefully we can find someone who can re-texture models or make changes ie 4th camera working.

Although I don't have the time I once did, this is only short term. Xmas is coming soon, so I'll be on hols. Rather than be between work time and bub time, it will just be me time and bub time :)

16 hours ago, Briso said:

I've finally completed the texture switching setup, I hope as soon as the radar comes it will update its main link, but for now keep updating. Attention! Added a new dependency firespitter. Installation instructions: Add with replacement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a79ilea9iwueihc/Gamedata.rar?dl=0

Added to the OP for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Radar said:

I'd like to think of this as more than one working on the Shuttle. I'd like to keep it going for all to use, not have it stop at a certain version and no one to keep it up to date.

I know I have not been on as much but I do get emails when people post in the forums to ensure I am not away for to long, and to answer peoples questions / update links on the OP. I really appreciate those who have spent the extra time and fine tuning the .cfg files, and hopefully we can find someone who can re-texture models or make changes ie 4th camera working.

Although I don't have the time I once did, this is only short term. Xmas is coming soon, so I'll be on hols. Rather than be between work time and bub time, it will just be me time and bub time :)

Added to the OP for you.

I really like this mod. But some problems just do not allow to live in peace. For example, when you run a rotation program, very strange things happen to it. It's swaying in different directions like I'm launching fireworks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Briso said:

I really like this mod. But some problems just do not allow to live in peace. For example, when you run a rotation program, very strange things happen to it. It's swaying in different directions like I'm launching fireworks.

Exactly this. 

It is driving me nuts.  Cause as I wrote earlier I was playing with many shuttles from different authors in my KSP career  and I know there were few which did not have this issue.  I was abel to do 720 degree roll with them and they were heading straight up.  

Now If I try roll program it is going like crazy to the sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now