Just another Asteroid Redirect Mission.

Kerbalstar

Hello, and welcome to my first Asteroid Re-direct mission! There is not any story, this is just me sharing a mission I did. For my (non-existent) Worldikiller readers, don't worry it's not dead, I just haven't found the motivation to write much recently. There will be more! 

Now, on to the mission! This is in my pure stock GameData(I have multiple GameDatas, not installs, it's better for storage space.), except for the Races! mod, which I have for... racing, and I wanted to race in my quick-load, etc. game. I normally have KER and MJ at least, so except tight margins, and such.

Spoiler

I found a nice A class asteroid, as I once rendezvoused with an E class, but my tiny tug couldn't move it more than a few centimeters. 

We launch the ARM. Very creative, I know, sue me. 

qQvd7z4.png

In space:

sMsh0QU.png

After much fiddling ( @SQUAD, please, oh please, integrate MJ's Maneuver Node Editor or something like that into stock!) I finally get an encounter:

OA87Lh4.png

A few seconds before capture:

ANyDkTl.png

The best shot I've ever gotten in this game: 

soNn5E1.png

In orbit:

mYvHYw0.png

I named the asteroid Wagner Asteroid, and am planning to build a station on it. If I do I will update this thread with some progress.

Thanks for reading! The report of Wagner Asteroid is far, far from over... :) (Sorry @Just Jim, I couldn't resist, at least it's not as bad as this reference from the in-progress chapter of Worldkiller: 

Spoiler

"Uh, roger Contol," I said. "Actually, what should I call you? In air traffic, it's KSC Control, Airport, Tower, etc., but what do I call you?"
"Well, my name's Emiko, so you can call me that," Emiko said.
"Okay, but there are multiple people who do what you do right? What are their names?" I asked.
"Um, the other ones are Ethan, Lucas, Steven, Kutz, Jim, Julian, Sarah, Bob, and Mindy," Emiko said ... 

"Not James, my parents just named me Jim," Jim elaborated. 

As you can tell, I'm an Emiko fan... :) 

Edited by kerbalstar

6 hours ago, roboslacker said:

I remember my first asteroid redirect mission. I used up half the DV matching planes because I launched into a normal orbit, and only had 3 m/s left once I was attatched to the asteroid. The asteroid slammed right into kerbin.

I get it, I've tried to redirect Kerbin intercepting asteroids, but always failed, so this one was a nice solar orbiting one. Mission only took about 140 days surprisingly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.