A.I.R.S Challenge--Amphibious Island Runway to Summit

22 hours ago, FlipNascar said:

I bit.

Took an old hydrofoil design I had, slapped some wheels on it and decided that thrust cures all issues (it didn't, hence the addition of a juno at the front to help with front end grip on the ascent, and the wheel bars to protect the engines), it's an exceptional hydrofoil, it is therefore a diabolical rover. 3m 39s to plant the flag.

CdHo9uF.jpg

Other images can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/OjhEXst

Craft file available upon request.

Tried to record using Quicktime, but it just seemed too much for the potato macbook I'm using. Jeb and another flag are up there from the previous run where quicktime didn't record.

Cool!  That was an insanely fast time.  Congratulations on unseating our reigning champion @mystifeid.

Edited by Klapaucius

On 7/14/2020 at 12:36 PM, Pds314 said:

When it says you can't fly, can you use aerodynamic lift to compensate bouyancy?

Not 100% sure what you mean here, but in genera,l no. Hydrofoils are fine, otherwise, it has got to stay on the water.  You may use wings to create downdraft.  Just do as the rules say. Drive and float to run the race. No flying of any sort.

Edited by Klapaucius

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.