Gameslinx

2 hours ago, Jeb's Fireworks Guy said:

Doesn't look so hostile. Not like those are acid seas. At least I think they aren't. Well, I'll figure it out when I get there

Acid seas sounds like a nice addition to the thick atmosphere and high gravity, actually 

Hmm... Where did I put my HCl...

Looks absolutely beautiful. Can't wait for a test release!

On 11/18/2018 at 11:12 AM, Gameslinx said:

Let me know what you guys think of this planet. It's a tad odd, but hey

unknown.png

I actually like it. It's unique and different, but not in an odd way, like some of these planets can get. This is a more subtle sort of unique. Especially if there's texture differences or ridge lines separating the colors, then it all seems like a plausible planet.

@Gameslinx here are some suggestions/ideas for making the mod awesome from my point of view

Can you please add in-game lore about the world (eg. a derelict colony ship on the surface of the new home planet.

Or make one system a binary one (to make it less Kerbol-system-like) or make Kerbol system a pulsar/white dwarf with the planets all cold and stuff

Or make multiple habitable wolds around the mod (Extrasolar: planets beyond Kerbol cameo maybe?)

Or name some planets in "Pioneer" style (Names have symbolic meaning with something to do with exploration, luck, salvation etc.)

Edited by Rover6428
a typo

On 11/18/2018 at 5:12 PM, Gameslinx said:

Went over the texture for this planet and also updated the skybox to a more realistic version!

unknown.png

We now also have a nice icy moon around the gas giant

unknown.png

Let me know what you guys think of this planet. It's a tad odd, but hey

unknown.png

the 3rd one looks nice, especially if it would be something like an Ice Age earth like planet. Looks cool aswell!!!

1 hour ago, Rover6428 said:

@Gameslinx here are some suggestions/ideas for making the mod awesome from my point of view

Can you please add in-game lore about the world (eg. a derelict colony ship on the surface of the new home planet.

Or make one system a binary one (to make it less Kerbol-system-like) or make Kerbol system a pulsar/white dwarf with the planets all cold and stuff

Or make multiple habitable wolds around the mod (Extrasolar: planets beyond Kerbol cameo maybe?)

Or name some planets in "Pioneer" style (Names have symbolic meaning with something to do with exploration, luck, salvation etc.)

There will be lore. That's what this entire mod is :P

There is no confirmation on the binary system yet.

There are only 2 habitable worlds in the new system if we exclude the semi colonized moon; the home planet and a planet around the gas giant. Laythe is still habitable around Kerbol as it is heated by tidal forces.

Planets are named myself and have no reference to anything else except Kohm, Vasto and Scindo which are named after items in the game Warframe.

5 hours ago, WhiteMorganFreeman said:

Whew, having to dust this account up was tough, had to dust up another account in the process. Anyway, is the smoldering ringed planet wasteland (after kerbin's name for well, kerbin), or to be more appropriate, what's left of it?

Kerbin will be completely gone (aside from possibly being a small asteroid). Duna is now the closest planet to Kerbol

1 hour ago, WhiteMorganFreeman said:

Ah, so solitude is the only rocky survivor, neat!

I might name it Tribute, as it's the last planet the Kerbal inhabited before their voyage into the new system. It won't have Solitude's terrain but it will have some elements of it dotted around. It'll look more like Demise, without the pink. An ashy lava world!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.