Tweakscale bug

Hey everyone,

I've got this weird bug with tweakscale where some or all of the parts sometime switch back to their original sizes when I launch or load the craft. I once had a 10 m diameter fuel tank with appropriately scaled up landing legs on minmus, one of which was suddenly back to its normal size as I approached the tank with the next payload and had the tank tip over to that side. Another time I wanted to try and make a remotely controlled missile out of a kickback at minimum scale, a scaled down probe core and more scaled down parts, and as I put it on the launchpad the kickback, nose cone and battery switched back to ther real size, giving me a huge rocked with a seemingly floating nosecone and tiny stabilizer fins. And just recently I wanted to try if I could build a really small plane and still have it fly, but all parts switched back to normal and were all clipped into each other coz I had first built the plane and then scaled all the parts down which required realigning them as their center points were still in the same relative position.

Now since I've been unable to update from Version 1.0.2 onwards I'm stuck with that (don't get caught on that again, ok? I've tried everything I could to fix it but nothing worked and I've settled with buying the game again some time) but I did set the CKAN filter to compatible mods when I browsed for new ones and as far as I know tweakscale hasn't been updated since some time before 1.0.2 so the version of the game shouldn't really matter.

Does anyone know how to fix that bug? Maybe I need to install it manually? Maybe I need to move some files to some other place? I really don't know.

Wow! 1.0.2? The oldest I use to check some of my add-ons is 1.2.2 !!  (I'm the current TweakScale maintainer, by the way)

I don't even know if I have this version available for me on Steam!!

<some minutes checking>

Yeah, it's available from Steam, so I have access. :)

@Xd the great is right. You need a proper release specially for your KSP version. 1.0.2 is from May, 2015 - way before my time :D .

You need the V2.1 version available here: https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/tweakscale/files (it's the last file on the bottom on the page 1 at this time). Perhaps you could walk away using a version for 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 (as it can have more bugs fixed, in theory) but I recommend starting with the V.2.1 from May 2, 2015.

[ I forgot about the Module Manager!  Unfortunately, I didn't found a MM compatible to 1.0 series! Working on it!!]

You can reach me more easily on this thread if anything goes wrong:

Edited by Lisias
I forgot about MM!!

19 hours ago, Xd the great said:

How bout we guys help you update the game.

What installer do u use?

Do you find a update button?

Note: launcher may be broke. May.

Again, I've been though all that already and nothing helped. And yes, indeed, the launcher doesn't seem to be working correctly either, but I haven't got the SLIGHTEST idea how to fix it. I've been bypassing the launcher ever since.

Edited by DualDesertEagle

3 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Again, I've been though all that already and nothing helped. And yes, indeed, the launcher doesn't seem to be working correctly either, but I haven't got the SLIGHTEST idea how to fix it. I've been bypassing the launcher ever since.

Yeah, launcher is broke, ignore it.

What happens when you attempt to update the game

12 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Yeah, launcher is broke, ignore it.

What happens when you attempt to update the game

Norhing happens. But as I said, I'm fine with buying the game another time when I find the time is right. It's always been fun to play and I do actually find it worth buying twice, but then it'd better not break on me, I'm not doing that again.

I'm not even sure where the problem came from, it might just as well be my fault. Sometimes I tend to f things up without even knowing I tampered with them.

1 hour ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Norhing happens. But as I said, I'm fine with buying the game another time when I find the time is right. It's always been fun to play and I do actually find it worth buying twice, but then it'd better not break on me, I'm not doing that again.

I'm not even sure where the problem came from, it might just as well be my fault. Sometimes I tend to f things up without even knowing I tampered with them.

Well, i feel sorry for you, see if squad would offer a free update for you. Anyways, have fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.