New Realism game mode

Hello everyone. I am starting this thread to get everyone’s opinion on what the think SQUAD should add to the game.

For one, I would like to see a new mode (like career, sandbox, and science) called realism or something. That would be like having all the realism overhaul mods installed. I think this because ESA, SpaceX, and NASA all like the game and it could teach players orbital mechanics and get interested in a STEM career.

let me know what you would like!

Edited by sumghai
Moved topic to Suggestions subforum and renamed for clarity

[MOD - Renamed thread for clarity and moved to Suggestions & Development Discussion subforum, as that is the place for proposing new game features]

The standard vanilla game itself does a very good job of teaching the (simplified) basics of real orbital mechanics, and a KerbalEDU version of the game already exists to cater to STEM educators' needs.

Other than replacing the in-game planets with the real solar system and rocket parts with ones from real-life historical spacecraft, how would a proposed Realism mode differentiate itself from the existing game modes in a meaningful way?

16 minutes ago, sumghai said:

Other than replacing the in-game planets with the real solar system and rocket parts with ones from real-life historical spacecraft, how would a proposed Realism mode differentiate itself from the existing game modes in a meaningful way?

I think rather than gaining experience by completing your mission, there are simulators that you can level up your Kerbals in. Also being able to customize the mission a bit more like adding a feature to create a mission patch IN GAME would be cool. I think players should be able to control their kerabals that are on EVA through there eyes like IVA.

I hope these reasons will make it in the game some day. 

2 hours ago, colonoscopy said:

what about hardcore mode with some time limiting factors or even harder conditions?

The fun is you could impose those on yourself. Or use the difficulty settings to modify your game to do so.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.